Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2019, 07:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflondon75 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just finished my Trueshot bow. Hunted up another 300 plat turning in sashes and went to town. Ended up costing me 200 plat ish for the last 18 points, 500 plat total. I had another 12 attempts ready, took 4 to make the bow at 150 skill.

It seems to only do 22 damage an arrow though, not sure how somebody can kill a yellow with only 5-6 arrows doing 22 a pop max lol. Still a nice bow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What level are you? At 21 my Ashwood Hemp bow hits for about 19. Each hit barely moves a blue mob's life bar. I don't know how people are saying you can mow down mobs either.
Old 11-27-2019, 08:00 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireblade7 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m currently at 141. Every 40 combines starting at 135 costs 54pp but I sell back the arrows for 35-40pp. (122-135 was 46pp selling back for 30pp) How’d it cost you so much? I get 2-5 skill ups every 40 combines with a terrible dex and wis

Edit: waiting for 150 skill to go get 10 attempts in. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Simple, bad RNG. I did my combines in sets of 80. The last ones I made from 132-150 cost me right around 125plat(what arrow could you make for less? CLASS 5 Bone Point Arrow is the cheapest at around 31pp/stack) per 80 combines and I averaged 70ish plat return. My first set of 80 got me 4 skill ups. Second set got me 2 lol...in 80 combines. Third set was 3 skill ups for 141 skill and luckily the last set of 80 combines got me to 150 skill in the last 3 or 4.

You either got way lucky or I got way unlucky lol. Or a bit of both @shrugs@

Edit, maybe you have super high charisma for costs. Doubt it, but maybe. I have 75
Old 11-27-2019, 08:06 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke68 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What level are you? At 21 my Ashwood Hemp bow hits for about 19. Each hit barely moves a blue mob's life bar. I don't know how people are saying you can mow down mobs either.
I'm 16. 22 is max hit with the Trueshot with the standard super cheap 1 damage arrows bought at a merchant. My guess? Wild exaggeration or observer error in how many shots are being used to make kills lol. It takes like 15-20 arrows to kill a low green for me currently. You could definitely kill high targets with root/snare and plinking but it would take ages to be honest.

I'd love to be shown the error in my thinking though lol would be awesome to rip it up and get some fast levels [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-27-2019, 09:21 PM
Fire Giant

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...uFA/edit#gid=0

At 150 skill you have a 25% chance to succeed in making the bow
At 175 skill it's about 50%

For the guy who combined at 132 skill you had about a 7.5% chance.
Old 11-27-2019, 10:31 PM
Large Rat

About a week ago I farmed first three tries of Trueshot. Think I was fletching skill 45 and figured what the heck and tried once. Fail. Went searching for a master fletcher but no dice. Figured hey, I’ll just try the combine until I get it. Farmed clockworks in Steamfont for 28 micro servos and get all the other pieces. I prepare for disappointment but start the combine. Poof, on the first one, at fletching skill 56, got my Trueshot!

As far as damage, you’re capped at 22 with the Trueshot unless you use stronger arrows. Yes, it takes bags full of arrows to take down tough mobs but mix in dots and nukes and it is doable. Useful for tough situations or named mobs.
Old 11-28-2019, 01:28 AM
Kobold

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflondon75 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Simple, bad RNG. I did my combines in sets of 80. The last ones I made from 132-150 cost me right around 125plat(what arrow could you make for less? CLASS 5 Bone Point Arrow is the cheapest at around 31pp/stack) per 80 combines and I averaged 70ish plat return. My first set of 80 got me 4 skill ups. Second set got me 2 lol...in 80 combines. Third set was 3 skill ups for 141 skill and luckily the last set of 80 combines got me to 150 skill in the last 3 or 4.

You either got way lucky or I got way unlucky lol. Or a bit of both @shrugs@

Edit, maybe you have super high charisma for costs. Doubt it, but maybe. I have 75
For the 135-162 skill up, I was combining the basic 5cp items (wooden, field point, large nock) with bone vane arrows. This came to 27pp a stack. Maybe I was lucky?

Also update, got to 153 fletching. Farmed for 10 tries at true shot. Got it on first combine. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My journey is over for now until I go for rain caller. Thank you all so much for the advice!
Last edited by Fireblade7; 11-28-2019 at 01:31 AM..
Old 11-28-2019, 01:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'm 16. 22 is max hit with the Trueshot with the standard super cheap 1 damage arrows bought at a merchant. My guess? Wild exaggeration or observer error in how many shots are being used to make kills lol. It takes like 15-20 arrows to kill a low green for me currently.
Are you using spells also? Dots + DD between shots along WITH arrows.

Soloing PURELY with bow is too slow.... that's why rogues and warriors don't really make the best bow damage classes (even though they get nice bows also, and have high skill caps).

You NEED your spells to fill in the rest and make it realistic for leveling.

You are 15+ already also, so you can even start quad kiting and using your AE spell along with archery to kill 4 mobs faster than others can. (you'd be hitting with 100 damage for 30 mana ....which is better damage to mana ratio than a shaman is killing with.... it may seem slow, like just little ticks of health....but after 30 minutes you will be killing a lot more than those next to you. Same with just single killing using dots + DD + bow).
Old 11-28-2019, 03:21 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireblade7 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the 135-162 skill up, I was combining the basic 5cp items (wooden, field point, large nock) with bone vane arrows. This came to 27pp a stack. Maybe I was lucky?

Also update, got to 153 fletching. Farmed for 10 tries at true shot. Got it on first combine. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My journey is over for now until I go for rain caller. Thank you all so much for the advice!
If you notice I was getting roughly half as many skill ups per 40 as you were and also less return through successful combines/reselling. With a 1 tap bow as cherry on top. You definitely got a bit lucky lol. Or I didn't heh. @shrugs@ Is no big deal. I only posted My findings because I would hate for some new person to come in and think well damn I'm gonna make this bow at level 8 with my 130 plat.
Old 11-28-2019, 06:53 AM
Kobold

Quote:
If you notice I was getting roughly half as many skill ups per 40 as you were and also less return through successful combines/reselling. With a 1 tap bow as cherry on top. You definitely got a bit lucky lol. Or I didn't heh. @shrugs@ Is no big deal. I only posted My findings because I would hate for some new person to come in and think well damn I'm gonna make this bow at level 8 with my 130 plat.
I think total it was still something like 300-350pp. Yeah, I feel I got really lucky though on that combine though.

I think between both of us, 350-500pp though is a decent enough spread for 150+ fletching idea. That 141-153 still cost me a good portion of that though.
Old 11-28-2019, 08:48 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you using spells also? Dots + DD between shots along WITH arrows.

Soloing PURELY with bow is too slow.... that's why rogues and warriors don't really make the best bow damage classes (even though they get nice bows also, and have high skill caps).

You NEED your spells to fill in the rest and make it realistic for leveling.

You are 15+ already also, so you can even start quad kiting and using your AE spell along with archery to kill 4 mobs faster than others can. (you'd be hitting with 100 damage for 30 mana ....which is better damage to mana ratio than a shaman is killing with.... it may seem slow, like just little ticks of health....but after 30 minutes you will be killing a lot more than those next to you. Same with just single killing using dots + DD + bow).
I was not at that time no, just testing and commentating on the bow's relative strength. I did after though and for sure it kills faster, my DoT does 2 damage every 6 seconds lol and while I do save on HP downtime you definitely go through mana fast as can be doing that. To kill a single yellow would likely take me my entire mana bar and still not likely finish the job. 2/6 seconds DoT, 22(MAX no misses) bow, 16 DD spell. Then add in multiple snares/roots...I'm doubtful this will get the job done in a single mana bar consistently. I'm not trying to argue with you lol. I'm honestly giving what is happening to me with my current gear etc. Somebody mentioned earlier killing yellows in 5-6 shots. Simply impossible, level 13 mobs have 275ish HP.

Quad kitting. I AM interested in this but can you give some more insight into how you do this and maybe even give an example of where/what you might start at 15? I tested on myself a bit and I can cast a total of 11 AoE spells. Even a single fizzle meant 10 only. Typically quad kitting involves snaring all the mobs And having SoW/JB's.

Are you doing this with no snares and just chugging along with a mooched SoW every 35 minutes? I ask cause adding snares to all 4 targets will take me down to 8 casts total for 200 damage(MAX). 200 damage will not even get close to killing zero exp mobs at this point let alone exp giving critters. They have at Least 250-275 HP atm for even the lowest exp green. It sounds like it would be terribly inconsistent what with adding in resists and occasional low damage casts. I am interested in what you have to say!
Closed Thread