Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2020, 09:49 PM
Sarnak

I would take a warrior, rogue or wizard over ANY hybrid because xp > all.
Old 02-16-2020, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrekt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would take a warrior, rogue or wizard over ANY hybrid because xp > all.
If that character is a few levels higher than you they take more of your EXP than a hybrid close to your level does
Old 02-16-2020, 11:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If that character is a few levels higher than you they take more of your EXP than a hybrid close to your level does
For a ranger to be useful they def need to be higher level than you, usually by at least 10 levels.
Old 02-17-2020, 01:41 AM
Planar Protector

Bards are fairly useless in classic IMO
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 02-18-2020, 01:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every time I end up having to group with a hybrid, they are usually more than a few levels ahead of me. They’ll work their way into groups and then stay at that scene well past the point of robbing everyone else of their fair xp. It’s not uncommon to see hybrids clinging to goblins in HK from 35-37, where as most other classes seem to move on by then.

You are also probably far more likely to end up with more than one hybrid during your session after you open the gates for the first.

It’s really a dirty thing the original developers did to hybrids. The whole thought process being adding a penalty to them to offset additional kill speed would be great if mobs didn’t die seconds after they spawn and weren’t attached to fixed timers anyway.
Old 02-18-2020, 04:13 AM
Planar Protector

Probably one of the pet classes as they seem inclined to solo, which is antithetical to the core concept of player interaction in mmos and rpgs.
Old 02-18-2020, 05:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natewest1987 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every time I end up having to group with a hybrid, they are usually more than a few levels ahead of me. They’ll work their way into groups and then stay at that scene well past the point of robbing everyone else of their fair xp. It’s not uncommon to see hybrids clinging to goblins in HK from 35-37, where as most other classes seem to move on by then.

You are also probably far more likely to end up with more than one hybrid during your session after you open the gates for the first.

It’s really a dirty thing the original developers did to hybrids. The whole thought process being adding a penalty to them to offset additional kill speed would be great if mobs didn’t die seconds after they spawn and weren’t attached to fixed timers anyway.
I think that's because you are guaranteed a group there if you wait on list.
Old 02-18-2020, 06:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natewest1987 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Well the worst part is that hybrids don’t have a large inherent benefit to offset their penalty. They don’t kill faster, dont add any real amazing utility to a group. Would much rather just root the mob and let the Warrior tank it then deal with the “opened door” of multiple hybrid penalty’s.

Lessons learned: make your hybrids after Velious, go solo, or group with friends or guild mates that are fine with the exp penalty. Don’t inflict it on a group of randoms.
Old 02-18-2020, 08:36 AM
Banned

ranger
Old 02-18-2020, 10:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lessons learned: make your hybrids after Velious, go solo, or group with friends or guild mates that are fine with the exp penalty. Don’t inflict it on a group of randoms.
lol one more lesson:

careful who you make friends with, less you could end up with a hybrid that always wants to group with you.
Closed Thread