Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 10:06 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good to know, thanks for the info. Rest of my statement still stands. Does it feel good to try and put me down for not sitting and staring at a spawn point for 2 hours? Oh, you are welcome for all the research I've done to make p99 a more realistic interpretation of the original game.

No clue why you get off on me not actively playing the game via grouping / raiding anymore. I did so for 2 years so have a decent understanding of current meta, I am now dedicated to providing info to the dev team via bug reports, which i still log in to test before making (exception being poopsock / raid level stuff).

TLDR: stop being a salty elitist
Calls someone elitist but thinks people should thank him for spending just as much time trying to fix shit no one cares about as people who poop sock Lodi.

Thanks for the ruining Goblin Ears for everyone.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littul Jonn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Soooo why not just petition him with those fraps like the GMs instruct us to do? Brining to RNF will only give us something midly entertaining to read at work and have the shit poster lords trash his (or yours or both) public image.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-23-2018, 10:12 AM
Kobold

Hahahhaha fair enough
Old 08-23-2018, 10:55 AM
Kobold

It has been petitioned and fraps sent in, thanks!
Old 08-23-2018, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lodizal has a two hour variance lol. Maybe play the game once in awhile and you wouldn't have to make ignorant statements.
Lodi's window is 2 hours for the first spawn window, 4 for the next and 6 for the third. If it goes to a third window its a guaranteed pop
Old 08-23-2018, 11:42 AM
Sarnak

That’s definitely wrong Ginnas lol.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedwards [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-23-2018, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Calls someone elitist but thinks people should thank him for spending just as much time trying to fix shit no one cares about as people who poop sock Lodi.

You should thank him, scrub.

What do you see when you look up at the top left corner of your screen?

Quote:
Project 1999
Classic Everquest
The entire point of the project, the entire reason you're even able to play here and complain about non-classic/bugged content is because people like Nilbog and Rogean have a passion for creating 100% classic EverQuest. Not "classic EverQuest with un-classic Goblin Ears", but classic EverQuest.

I've been here 4+ years and I haven't seen anyone (aside from the staff) contribute as much to the project as Rygar: he's like a one man QA team. (To be fair, I think Daldaen contributed a lot too, but much of it was before my time).

Anyone who appreciates this project should appreciate Rygar.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should thank him, scrub.

What do you see when you look up at the top left corner of your screen?

The entire point of the project, the entire reason you're even able to play here and complain about non-classic/bugged content is because people like Nilbog and Rogean have a passion for creating 100% classic EverQuest. Not "classic EverQuest with un-classic Goblin Ears", but classic EverQuest.

I've been here 4+ years and I haven't seen anyone (aside from the staff) contribute as much to the project as Rygar: he's like a one man QA team. (To be fair, I think Daldaen contributed a lot too, but much of it was before my time).

Anyone who appreciates this project should appreciate Rygar.
Super legit response. Don't be a scum bag to the people who make a positive impact on this community.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Researching is indeed a thankless job. I fail to see how i am an elitist, I'm not putting people down for not knowing stuff like Pringles tends to do.

And like it or not, fixing the shit that "no one cares about" in my opinion is what stands p99 out from other games. The polish on this game is pretty amazing, every little bit of detail helps to recreate a world that is nearly lost to the sands of time. A lot of people here play for the nostalgia in all aspects of the game, not just raids and end game encounters.

Goblin ears, quest exp was custom content basically, now will be fixed. Had like 9 years of unrealistic gains, deal with it.
Closed Thread