Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-26-2016, 01:22 AM
Sarnak

Default EQ is wanting to open on another monitor

I usually play on a laptop. When playing, I run multiple monitors. I have moved my laptop to a different part of the house. Not using multiple monitors right now, only laptop screen. EQ is wanting to open on another monitor it looks like. I can see it going off the screen, but for the life of me cannot figure out why. Display settings( This is windows 10) is not identifying any other monitors right now.

What is causing this, and how can I go about fixing it?
Old 11-26-2016, 01:36 AM
Planar Protector

You need to go into device manager and disable the name of the monitor. See picture below

https://puu.sh/suMDn/b2471cfedc.png

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 11-26-2016, 02:01 AM
Sarnak

Attached is a Screenshot of Device Manager, as you can see under Monitors. It is only showing my default generic laptop screen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DM SS.jpg (20.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 11-26-2016, 02:07 AM
Planar Protector

Its always going to show that it is there.

You want to Show only the one screen then just goto the multiple screens tab and set it to the screen you have. So Screen 2 is my TV but Screen 1 is just the other port on my GFX card. ( Forgot to mention this part sorry)
https://puu.sh/suNIZ/36f63fd378.png

Disabling it in device manager is just extra precaution.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 11-26-2016, 02:37 AM
Planar Protector

You probably need to go into the eqclient.ini folder and change resolutions since i'm guessing your 2 monitors ran different resolutions.
Old 11-26-2016, 02:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is your EQ windowed? If so, look up the hotkeys for moving a window with the keyboard.
Yes, it's windowed. The game WILL work if i go into eqclientini and change Windowed Mode to False.

Your latter part of the message "If so, look up the hotkeys for moving a window on the keyboard" Im not following what you mean by that.
Old 11-26-2016, 02:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You probably need to go into the eqclient.ini folder and change resolutions since i'm guessing your 2 monitors ran different resolutions.
Max Resolution for this laptop screen is 1366 x 768. Where in the eqclient.ini list would I be changing or confirming this? I see a bunch of resolutions but not sure this is affecting.
Old 11-26-2016, 03:19 AM
Sarnak

Problem resolved, Right click "Move", use directional arrows. All is well. Thanks for your help guys.