Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't classic. Pls fix.
6/10 troll thread.

Would score higher if it were more imaginative, but seeing it garnered passionate responses from our biggest thinkers who forumquest regularly it gets an above average rating.

Still can't believe so many people responded with heartfelt thought to this obvious trolling. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-02-2016, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only classic "cycle" targetting was tab-targeting which allowed a player to go back to a saved tab target. Just one though.
Ahh yes, that's right - I actually got so used to that that cycling through a bunch of stuff on P99 feels awkward to me.

And on the endurance stuff, all of the Invigor line spells are broken, which actually would be useful even as broken as the mechanic is, since jumping and disciplines still deplete and require >100 endurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pretty sure you dont get zone-wide group exp here Paul
I'd be surprised. The proximity required on live was agonizingly small - as a monk I'd often lose out on nearly half of my group's experience simply from chain pulling. I'm fairly certain you can be sitting at Sebilis zone in and leech experience from people killing in Trakanon's lair on P99. I would loathe that change. I'm partaking in some Daldaen-level masochism here.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Well actually...

There was a period there on live where the group EXP Bonus which amplifies the amount of EXP you earned for killing a mob, before that EXP is split amongst the group, was calculated based on number of people in the group. But the splitting would only occur dividing by the number of players in range for the exp hit.

Which only gave a slight bonus in our era since the maximum bonus is 20%.

But during PoP this bonus was 80% at a maximum. So having 4 dudes AFK in your group while you soloed across the zone would net an extra 80% EXP for you.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well actually...

There was a period there on live where the group EXP Bonus which amplifies the amount of EXP you earned for killing a mob, before that EXP is split amongst the group, was calculated based on number of people in the group. But the splitting would only occur dividing by the number of players in range for the exp hit.

Which only gave a slight bonus in our era since the maximum bonus is 20%.

But during PoP this bonus was 80% at a maximum. So having 4 dudes AFK in your group while you soloed across the zone would net an extra 80% EXP for you.
Confirmed. Doing this during a faction war = unlimited exp.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:37 PM
Fire Giant

Also, fix bard charm. Charm kiting doesn't work here (not like on live at all due to social agro mechanics not functioning as on live). And you can't re charm your pet until after charm has already broken due to the charmed mob being "protected" because it's a pet. On live you could re charm before it broke and keep a pet more or less perma charmed unless resist or song drop. Making bards much much more useful for dps purposes in a group.

You take away our swarm kiting so we can't solo as effectively, but you don't give us all our group toys so we're getting passed over in favor of any other melee, unless mana song is needed pretty much. Let me charm, twist, and melee, and then we shall see who brings more dps to the fight.
Last edited by Dreenk317; 12-02-2016 at 07:40 PM..
Old 12-02-2016, 09:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On live you could re charm before it broke and keep a pet more or less perma charmed unless resist or song drop. Making bards much much more useful for dps purposes in a group
No you couldn't.

Source: Bard main from Vanilla through OoW
Old 12-02-2016, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Ooooo I love these threads. Here are some other classic things from my memory that could use changing.

Other things that need to be removed from the client/UI:
  • Ability to scroll wheel from 1st to 3rd person. 3rd person views should be obtainable through F9.
  • Ability to cycle through PC or NPC targets with a single hotkey.
  • Ability to have more than 1 chat box.
  • Ability to have more than 1 hot button bar.
  • Ability to see your mana value in your interface anywhere. Only the mana bar should be viewable, no values.
  • Ability to /hidecorpses looted.
  • Ability to pull up a Combat Abilities window with your disciplines.

Other things content wise that could use fixing:
  • PBAEs should hit an unlimited number of targets, if the goal was to simulate poor connections, 25 was set far too low, 50-75 is a lot more reasonable.
  • Epic quests should not have level requirements to turn in or wield, the check against level was a Velious addition and only utilized in the Plane of Growth quests.
  • Mobs in Kunark and Velious zones should forget their target and return home if the distance between themselves and their target is too large. This distance is variable by zone.
  • No mobs should been immune to a specific type of debuff, they should only have such high MR values that they become immune to these debuffs as a result of their high resistance.
  • Velious dragons should be using a 0 MR check fear rather than their current -150 MR check fear.
  • VP Dragon AEs should not have a -150 MR/FR/DR check until post-Luclin when resists raise to 500.
  • NPC procs like Zlandicar's Stun Breath should be only hitting their target, not AEs.
  • Sontalak should not proc his AE Lava Breath, it should be on a fixed 12 second timer. Char is the only effect that he should proc.
  • No roaming flurry drakes should exist in the Triplets or Doubles hallway in NToV.
  • Players should not be able to bind in any indoor Kunark or Velious dungeon unless the dungeon is also flagged as a city (City of Mist, Kael, Skyshrine, Thurgadin).
  • Wizards should not be able to cast TL on themselves and Group TL shouldn't give them a box.
  • Monks when standing from FD with Sneak should not be guaranteed a memblur if the sneak is successful and the mobs have their backs to you.
  • Sneak should break when you activate an attack, whether that be auto attack or a ranged attack. Sneak pull should only work when you hit sneak while a projectile is in the air.
  • Call of the Hero should no longer work on self and should require at least 100' between the target and the mags to remove the target from hatelists.

It would be such a classic immersion server if all of these could go in.
I know you have these all in a notepad file sitting on your desktop just ready to copy and paste here when needed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-03-2016, 12:15 AM
Kobold

Also bard item effects should stack with other classes spells. EG tash stick + chanter tash or lava diamond + mage ds.

ToV hatchings should be charmable
Old 12-03-2016, 12:24 AM
Aviak

Remove variance, remove duck/cancel
Old 12-03-2016, 12:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollhide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No you couldn't.

Source: Bard main from Vanilla through OoW
That's weird, my bard main that I played from vanilla through luclin and all my friends bards must have been super special because we could recharm before duration was up with the mana free charm. In fact it would pulse itself and there was no need to recast if you weren't twisting.

Edit: @Lurk you are completely right, this is why almost every high level bard had duel tash sticks. The effect stacked with itself and others, allowing you to drop the MR of a mob insanely low.
Closed Thread