Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2021, 09:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Patently false. People do shit all the time they don't enjoy because they're addicted. Go look up the sunk cost fallacy. That explains the vast majority of people that play on p99.
Oh come on. That is so sad. We’re here to play a game. It’s fun! If you feel this way I advise you to make yourself busy with other pursuits.
<The Second Sons>
Old 11-11-2021, 09:37 PM
Banned

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At this point I've "played" p99 longer than I have played live, or at least been semi engaged with the p99 world.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-12-2021, 12:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah alot of us, myself included have pissed and moaned about "not classic whatevers".

Real fact of the matter is that nobody knows to an exacting standard what "classic" was anymore. alot of code was lost/destroyed/sabotaged over the various hand-offs from verant to sony to daybreak.

Rumor has it that TAKP is the next best thing to actually being a "classic" server, because someone walked out of the building with that code on a disk, because they were pissed off that verant ignored and later abandoned the Mac server. So if thats true, it really is the most classic server in existence.

After all the whining and complaining about this and that, alot of us forget to ask the only question that matters:

Do you have fun and enjoy playing EQ on P99? Yes, we all do, or we wouldn't be here complaining about it.
Played both p99 and takp. Both servers the mobs are tuned about the same. So this thread is hilarious to read.
Old 11-12-2021, 12:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vianna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Played both p99 and takp. Both servers the mobs are tuned about the same. So this thread is hilarious to read.
I haven't say for example, compared the hit damage of 'a froglok krup knight' against the same exact level/class/geared toons on both servers simultaneously, but my starting experience on TAKP was definitely a feeling of, "Things are a little bit easier" This is before AAs, or bazaar gear.

Now, xp definitely IS buffed on TAKP (they did that on purpose), thats not what im talking about.

I mean the starting from scratch experience on either server. P99 seems to be more unforgiving when you've got nothing but a few pieces of leather, a rusty halberd or tarnished shan`tok.

Again, i think this is a good thing. All of us know exactly what to do and when to do it in this content, so buffed mobs will slow us down a good bit and make us have to try harder to progress though the limited content.
Old 11-12-2021, 03:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
zero reason or justification.
the reason and justification was literally in the post you quoted lol
Old 11-12-2021, 03:29 AM
Planar Protector

We don’t know important mob stats like their accuracy, avoidance, attack or mitigation. These values being ‘best guesses’ means no matter how well implemented accurate damage in/out by players no matter how classic the rest of the melee system is.
Old 11-12-2021, 06:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the reason and justification was literally in the post you quoted lol
You mean the random guesses from the person I quoted?
Old 11-12-2021, 12:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not one single fear from dragon roar?

Definitely not classic.

Also: wtf has an SoD and Willsapper on a warrior still wearing Crafted?

This is a deep fake.
Old 11-12-2021, 12:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not one single fear from dragon roar?

Definitely not classic.

Also: wtf has an SoD and Willsapper on a warrior still wearing Crafted?

This is a deep fake.
tell me you didn't play classic everquest without telling me you didn't play classic everquest
Old 11-12-2021, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
tell me you didn't play classic everquest without telling me you didn't play classic everquest
Right! lol
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread