Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 11:20 AM
Banned

Default What sort of assault rifle should I purchase?

Having a hard time deciding what to get to support the second amendment and my freedom as an american.

I'm leaning towards an AK-47 because they're reliable and fire large caliber rounds that will go through cinder block without too much trouble. They aren't quite as accurate as m4s, but m4s fire shitty little rounds that are barely larger than a .22lr. Galils are right out as I refuse to support zionism. Maybe a HK33A2? Help me decide how to support the constitution.

Serious replies only, please

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-01-2016, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Get a Sig M4, most accurate AR on the market. AK 47's are for haji's
Old 01-01-2016, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Or a Remington R25, fires a 308 which is nice but expensive
Old 01-01-2016, 11:34 AM
Aviak

Get an awp, less skill involved, always one shot kill
Old 01-01-2016, 11:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get a Sig M4, most accurate AR on the market. AK 47's are for haji's
I don't need something terribly accurate. When society collapses I don't see myself having to snipe, as I'm in an urban environment. Plus .223 was designed to wound, not kill. A 7.62 is accurate enough and is much larger round. Any suggestions that aren't .223/ 5.56?
Old 01-01-2016, 12:01 PM
Sarnak

You haven't mentioned your intention or preference. Will you be distance targeting(sniping), CQB, suppression, do you prefer NATO etc.?

If you want long range NATO accuracy then I'd recommend taking a look at M1A's(M14s) or even AR10's if you'd rather have that layout. The 7.62mm NATO is a very accurate and high velocity round that has very good flight characteristics. If you are looking for something less expensive (weapons wise) then I'd go with the Remington 770 7mm mag as the weapon/round is accurate and the round doesn't drop off like the 30.06 at longer ranges.

If you are going for CQB(close quarters combat) style weapon then I'd go M4(5.56mm NATO) because they are very accurate lightweight platforms without high penetrating capability such as your 7.62mm.

If you would rather have the Kalashnikovs then I'd go with Russian over Chinese or Czechoslovakian. Avoid getting a used one unless you can test fire many rounds through it first.

Just some thoughts as it really depends on what you intend to do with the weapon. Also, whatever you decide, please ensure it is done legally and safely.

Happy hunting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

P.S. An accurate weapon is a deadly weapon
Last edited by Kowalski; 01-01-2016 at 12:02 PM.. Reason: Additional content
Old 01-01-2016, 12:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy_Pagan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't need something terribly accurate. When society collapses I don't see myself having to snipe, as I'm in an urban environment. Plus .223 was designed to wound, not kill. A 7.62 is accurate enough and is much larger round. Any suggestions that aren't .223/ 5.56?
I also suggested the R25 .308 caliber. If your on a video game msg board asking for firearm advice you probably shouldn't own a firearm. Just saying
Old 01-01-2016, 12:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronasch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also suggested the R25 .308 caliber. If your on a video game msg board asking for firearm advice you probably shouldn't own a firearm. Just saying
There are people from all walks of life and with a veritable cornucopia of hobbies and knowledge here. Are you saying I shouldn't take your advice because you're on an elf forum?
Old 01-01-2016, 12:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy_Pagan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are people from all walks of life and with a veritable cornucopia of hobbies and knowledge here. Are you saying I shouldn't take your advice because you're on an elf forum?
I'm saying you would probably get more accurate info on say an NRA msg board. I am a member of the NRA but I don't claim to be an expert on firearms
Old 01-01-2016, 01:32 PM
Orc

Quote:
Having a hard time deciding what to get to support the second amendment and my freedom...
I see you are a staunch defender of civil rights and freedom.

So I suppose you are also regularly burning flags to support the first amendment and your freedom? If not I would volunteer to do this for you.
Closed Thread