Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 03:18 PM
Large Rat

Default Request clarification on two accounts rule.

Is it ok to have two accounts, if only one is used at a time?
per the IP Exemption rules, i never have more than 1 "connection" at a time.

I followed the IP Exemption rules process ( create the second account, create a character on it) and fill out the form for an IP Exemption, but it seems by following the rule ( highlighted below) I actually broke the rules.

Now my IP is blocked, and I am trying to understand where the misunderstanding is.

I've asked the admin in the ip exemption thread, but understand they are busy, so I thought the general community may know the answer as well.

thanks,
ken

IP Exemption: This is for requesting to be exempt from the limit of 1 connection per IP Address. You may request exemption if you have more than 1 real person playing from the same IP. When posting for this, please include the account names of every person that will be playing from the same IP, as well as the identities (real first names) / relations to those players, and please make sure that at least one character has been created under each account. Please verify the spelling of each account you specify. This format works best: Real first name - Relationship - Account Name
Old 12-03-2016, 05:03 PM
Former Guide

So the temp IP block is temporary. That will happen often if you try to login more than 1 client from the same IP without an exempt.

Do know that we ONLY grant exempts for multiple people to PLAY together. This doesn't mean getting an exempt to make your wife/child/trained monkey play your toon to help xfer items.

We do commonly monitor those with exempts and will on occasion ask you to perform a series of actions simultaneously on both toons. This is done to ensure 2 humans are at the keyboards.

Do know that we get a LOT of exemption requests, and are currently about 4 weeks behind on them, but we will get to it in turn.

Hope that answers your question.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I followed the IP Exemption rules process ( create the second account, create a character on it) and fill out the form for an IP Exemption, but it seems by following the rule ( highlighted below) I actually broke the rules.

Now my IP is blocked, and I am trying to understand where the misunderstanding is.

I've asked the admin in the ip exemption thread, but understand they are busy, so I thought the general community may know the answer as well.

thanks,
ken

IP Exemption: This is for requesting to be exempt from the limit of 1 connection per IP Address. You may request exemption if you have more than 1 real person playing from the same IP. When posting for this, please include the account names of every person that will be playing from the same IP, as well as the identities (real first names) / relations to those players, and please make sure that at least one character has been created under each account. Please verify the spelling of each account you specify. This format works best: Real first name - Relationship - Account Name
I am confused by your question, and how you broke the rules.

First of all, if you only connected one account at a time, you didn't break any rules.

Secondly why would you fill out an IP exemption if you planned to only have one account connected at one time?

The rules state that you fill out an IP exemption if you have a second person playing from the same IP address, or am I missing something here?
Old 12-04-2016, 02:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

thanks,
ken

You dont need a IP exemption to play 2 different accounts at different times. IP exemptions are for people to play with others in their household at the same time.
Old 12-04-2016, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You dont need a IP exemption to play 2 different accounts at different times. IP exemptions are for people to play with others in their household at the same time.
Exactly. That's why I am confused by his post.
Old 12-04-2016, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

You probably tried to log into your second account too soon. Give it a minute or so.
Old 12-04-2016, 03:51 PM
Fire Giant

Make sure you're using the actual /camp function (the one that displays a 30 second countdown) when logging out instead of just using /quit or a similar method. If you /q out on one account then immediately log in on a second one, there's a good chance that the 2nd account will connect before the first account finishes disconnecting.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 12-04-2016, 10:07 PM
Large Rat

Hey, thanks for responses. I see where my question could have used a little more clarity...

I put in the IP exemption for my son and I to play. and it was a few hours later when i go the blocked message.

After poking around I realized it was my own doing. I had /camped, but had not logged out ( was minimized at character select). so when i started EQ and attempted to log in, that is why i got the messsage =)

one of those days, but nice to see the responsiveness of the player community. =)

thanks again.
Old 12-04-2016, 10:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Hey, thanks for responses. I see where my question could have used a little more clarity...

I put in the IP exemption for my son and I to play. and it was a few hours later when i go the blocked message.

After poking around I realized it was my own doing. I had /camped, but had not logged out ( was minimized at character select). so when i started EQ and attempted to log in, that is why i got the messsage =)

one of those days, but nice to see the responsiveness of the player community. =)

thanks again.
So did your account get banned, or was it just that temporary message it gives when it won't let you log in for a few minutes?
Old 12-05-2016, 12:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So did your account get banned, or was it just that temporary message it gives when it won't let you log in for a few minutes?
It's a message telling you there is a temporary IP block on your account (as there is already an active account on the server using that IP).

Edit: he isn't banned, it's basically an error message.
Closed Thread