Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Kobold

Default downy soft

I often feel like I'm dealing with Helen Keller when trying communicate with most of you. Mostly when it comes to buying and selling, just the simple task of inquiring about the sale price of an item. Or god fucking forbid I attempt to barter by exchanging offers.

How do these fucking flakes function as adults in regular society?? They can't form the requisite sentences and responses that would require basic skill set grammar which we normal people learned at age 6 or 7. I feel like most of you were home schooled by a neurotic mother that was beaten regularly by your alcoholic father.

There's no trick to it, brew. You auction the item, with a price in mind that would satisfy you to relinquish said item, I agree to pay it or not, and we move on.

This server is filled with pseudo-intelligent techbags and halfwits. Learn the basic functions of fucking communication before you decide to immerse yourself with the rest of us 1500+ losers that cling to an emulated version of pixels that used to make us feel good in 2000.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:19 PM
Large Rat

Exclamation

Hey, obviously not all of us are incapable of spelling correctly or communicating incorrectly. Stereotyping is bad!
Old 04-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Fire Giant

My favorite are the people who when you give them a price, they don't respond to you at all. Then you try to follow up and they they say "no thank you". It's like how about you tell me what you want to pay for it. Most of the time I'm willing to take anything reasonable. It's almost like a game to them that they felt they won.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My favorite are the people who when you give them a price, they don't respond to you at all. Then you try to follow up and they they say "no thank you". It's like how about you tell me what you want to pay for it. Most of the time I'm willing to take anything reasonable. It's almost like a game to them that they felt they won.
The lack of a response implies their disinterest. It's just part of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The lack of a response implies their disinterest. It's just part of the game.
Disinterest after interest. Hrm. It all makes sense now.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

Negotiation Cardinal Rule #1: The person who mentions price first loses.

http://www.foreclosuresmass.com/blog...nsactions.html

Another Edmunds.com editor, Scott Memmer, has a rule he calls "Memmer's Principle" which is based on his experience in sales. Memmer's Principle states that "the person who mentions price first, loses."

http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/negotiating-101.html

7. Don't make the first move. The best way to find out if the other negotiator's aspirations are low is to induce them to open first. They may ask for less than you think. If you open first, you may give away more than is necessary. A good example of this is something I learned in real estate investing a long time ago; ‘the first to mention price first always loses!

http://www.negotiatingforaliving.com...ating-tips.htm

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 04-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Disinterest after interest. Hrm. It all makes sense now.
I am interested in said item, whisper to inquire for price details. Upon finding out what Seller_A is requesting for said item, if I find that price to be entirely too high no response is necessary. The lack of a response implies that I am not interested in said item at said price.

Conversely if the price were somewhat close to what I deem appropriate to pay for said item, I will counter with another offer and let the negotiations begin.

I don't understand someone taking serious offense when something that happens all the time in EC Trading occurs to them, its just how things work.

Quote:
Old 04-10-2011, 08:15 PM
Planar Protector

Also, Yendor is spot on. You sellers who don't display prices in your auctions have begun this entire game, so you don't have a leg to stand on since you've already made it clear you're not interested in displaying a clear cut X amount you want and would rather take part in negotiations. If you didn't want people whispering you then providing no response, just display your asking price in the auction and...tada, you won't get any whispers except for interested parties.

Quote:
Old 04-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Kobold

Non response is lazy bullshit. A constant among the perpetrating downy fucktards that is the majority of this server.

Lucky for you, vBulletin underlines your lack of education is squiggly red lines, so you can continue your facade of knowledge!
Old 04-10-2011, 10:35 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabruzzese99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Non response is lazy bullshit. A constant among the perpetrating downy fucktards that is the majority of this server.

Lucky for you, vBulletin underlines your lack of education is squiggly red lines, so you can continue your facade of knowledge!
You're just not worth their time to respond too perhaps?
Closed Thread