Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 09:13 AM
Sarnak

Holy autism
Old 10-09-2019, 09:23 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Highly likely will just send 4 pets into a room and deal with all mobs, resummon pets that get low hp and having enchanter as a fail safe to mez if necessary. I see this as a dungeon crawling group (which doesnt exist in the camping system when population is high). If they get far enough ahead of the pack they can actually crawl around dungeons that are empty. Big IF though. The mob competition in the newbie zones will be hilarious.
Yeah, with no Sharding, Mages not getting pets until 4 and EQ's original mitigation system this may or may not work.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:33 AM
Sarnak

For those that wanted to start dark elf, the strategy will not work as you need to be factioned sorry. Freeport Human or Halfling only.

If you're worried about the mage pets ability to tank, no need. I've already tested this with another group that doesn't have the time available that I do. They will be using the same strategy but more casual and with a different initial camp/dungeon in mind so we don't step on each others toes.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:46 AM
Kobold

Eh, a lot of what you are doing is what we had planned as well, so I am not knocking the idea. We currently have a Halfling Cleric and myself. I was going to play a hybrid tank of some sort, but if you would be okay with a Melee puller of some sort (I am assuming you simply don't want to XP penanlty), we could probably join forces. We are also no-lifers. Let me know.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:50 AM
Kobold

I could do Monk or Warrior instead NP.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:52 AM
Planar Protector

I'd totally be down but I'm planning to play a minimum of 20 hours a day for ten days straight, so I'd just out level you casuals too fast. Good luck though.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:53 AM
Kobold

I need 6 or 7 hrs of beauty sleep myself, it's hard being this damn handsome all the time.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:01 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'm planning to hardcore green. I would prefer being a halfing cleric but I'm flexible. I played a cleric on EQ release and was one of the first 50s, so I understand what's required.
Last edited by eddyystop1999; 10-09-2019 at 10:03 AM..
Old 10-09-2019, 10:01 AM
Aviak

I interested in power duo/trio mostly , i got 60 dru 60 clr 60 shm 60 brd 60 enc 60 nec 60 mnk 60 rog 55 mag 51 war on blue (thx to chardok xp),, will surely looking for decent friends to make gains/xp while having fun , duo/trio for better xp , pst in private if u interested (not playing 20h a day ),,
Old 10-09-2019, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they get far enough ahead of the pack they can actually crawl around dungeons that are empty. Big IF though. The mob competition in the newbie zones will be hilarious.
Right. A full premade group playing 16 hours per day is going to stay stuck right at the same level as all the people who are only playing a few hours a day. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

A bunch of fire pets and some heals/runes probably will let this group kill reds at level 1. They won't even stay in the newbie zone. They'll move to the next one immediately, return to train meditate (err, do you even need to train it? I forget), pick up essential spells for their strategy and nothing else, etc. A druid eventually can bind where they are, port away with all the loot to sell, pick up new spells for everyone as needed, and gate back without the pet classes ever stopping. Etc.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-09-2019 at 10:06 AM..
Closed Thread