Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2021, 07:00 PM
Kobold

Default Are there ANY EQ servers other than P99 that ban multiboxing?

Title. Multiboxing in any form, botted or manual, even 2boxing.

Not paying for Live either

I'm tired of playing on servers where the entire population is jerking themselves off in their own corner to avoid social interaction. Might as well stop calling it a multiplayer game.

23 y/o forever DM and old school fantasy nerd - Discord: midoo
Odym Drekk
- 54 BAR SHM (main) || Midoo - 52 BAR WAR (alt)

Old 05-11-2021, 07:07 PM
Planar Protector

No project 1999 is the only box free server.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-11-2021, 07:07 PM
Planar Protector

I think it’s just a reflection of society tbh. You’ll find similar experiences on other eq boxes and pretty much every online game these days. I consider myself someone who enjoys friends and socializing and even I am a less social now than when I played back in 99-05. Something about wow made me stop focusing on interacting with other players as much. I don’t think I’m the only one either. It is sad though I wish it was like it used to be.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 05-11-2021 at 07:09 PM..
Old 05-11-2021, 07:19 PM
Kobold

Depressing how there are more people into online games than ever these days but social interaction is at an all time low.

23 y/o forever DM and old school fantasy nerd - Discord: midoo
Odym Drekk
- 54 BAR SHM (main) || Midoo - 52 BAR WAR (alt)

Old 05-11-2021, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

What I think very few people here appreciate is that the millions of lines of classic code Nilbog has written is really only a fraction of the "secret sauce" here. The hard-working staff who constantly have to fight against two boxers are another major part.

Emulator code lots of people have: passionate volunteers are unique to P99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-11-2021, 08:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No project 1999 is the only box free server.
Kinda.
Old 05-11-2021, 08:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it’s just a reflection of society tbh. You’ll find similar experiences on other eq boxes and pretty much every online game these days. I consider myself someone who enjoys friends and socializing and even I am a less social now than when I played back in 99-05. Something about wow made me stop focusing on interacting with other players as much. I don’t think I’m the only one either. It is sad though I wish it was like it used to be.
Well, interaction online stopped being a novelty. A 20 year old has never known a different world.

Coming from different directions, you see it as in the old sense where a kid now who was born into The Matrix only wants to scoot off to his own corner. They live here.

It's our escape but they live here. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(internet is in every kids hand)
Old 05-11-2021, 10:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I think very few people here appreciate is that the millions of lines of classic code Nilbog has written is really only a fraction of the "secret sauce" here. The hard-working staff who constantly have to fight against two boxers are another major part.

Emulator code lots of people have: passionate volunteers are unique to P99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TAKP has biweekly patches and active devs. P99 gets semiannual updates at best.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:05 AM
Banned

Everyone noticed the new meta is to pretend ur under 30 so no one makes fun of u for vulak 9000?
Old 05-12-2021, 08:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone noticed the new meta is to pretend ur under 30 so no one makes fun of u for vulak 9000?
Hey, new player here. I used to watch my uncle play this game from my cot!

Really excited to try out the inspiration for WoW. Is it possible to be a cute panda or some other fluffy character?

Where can I find the auction house?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Closed Thread