Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 03:25 PM
Fire Giant

Default Lord Grimrot

Hello all -- I am sure this is a common thread that pops up every once in awhile. I decided to try to camp this mob (going on 3 weeks now) I basically get the timer, log on when its time, kill the PH and go away for 192 minutes. Of course sometimes other priests come around and if they are there when I log in I obviously can't steal the camp.

I am not there every spawn due to sleep and work but I have witnessed in 3 weeks, 112 total spawns. Breakdown: 8 Live Grimrots (4 in a row one time) 0 Undead and 104 PHs.

For all I know an undead snuck in on the other 30 spawns I missed during sleep but holy shit this is some painful stuff. Is there any developer that has ever confirmed the actual % chance of undead grimrot? I decided I wasnt leaving the camp until I got it so I made an alt (which I have never done) and started leveling them, almost lvl 16 already.

Shout out to the other clerics who I see around the camp on a regular basis -- Durkan, Muckman, Healaran and others. Good speed all -- I hope we all get lucky some day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-22-2017, 10:32 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I haven't been camping this guy for any kinda of length of time like this guy, but seriously guys this isn't classic experience, because the server pop is pretty impressive and one spawn a month just isn't enough to satisfy demand on p99. Throw us a bone (undead grimrot's specifically), please?
Old 02-22-2017, 10:57 AM
Sarnak

I did this camp on red last year and through combined efforts tracked 144 cosecutive spawns.

14 live grimots (8 day time spawns, 4 night time spawns, didn't note the time of the first 2)
1 undead (My notes say it was a daytime spawn, but I don't remember)

Which roughly fits the assumption that P99 uses a 10% chance to spawn a grimrot, with a 10% chance of that being the undead version. Which is incorrect from EQ live where daytime spawn would always be live. Night time spawn would always be dead. 10% chance of grimrot spawning with the version of grimrot being determined by the time of day.

Dead grimrot was always the hardest to get, because in South Karana there are 15 hours of day and 9 hours of night. So roughly 2/3 daytime spawns (live gromrot) vs 1/3 for night spawns (undead grimrot) Forcing a night cycle often requires holding the place holder for up to 15 or so minutes to push the spawn timer into a night cycle.

Time meaning in game time, not real world time. Just to be clear.

Every other undead grimrot I've gotten has just been there waiting, so no idea who spawned it or when.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:16 PM
Sarnak

i did the camp about 4 months ago, took me about 2 weeks with 12 hour days each. only had undead pop once, multiple lives. having done this quest in around 2000 i can say it was pretty much the same as on p99, its just a horrible camp.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:58 AM
Fire Giant

Update for those who are camping this or considering --- Got my undead Grimrot last night. 1st spawn I have personally seen in 1 month of camping. First 3 weeks I probably saw 5 of the spawns each day during the week, with all 7 per day on weekends. The last week I was much less active in camping, but probably saw 2-4 per day.

When I stopped counting I was at 112 PH 7 Live grimots. Final tally something like 150 PH 10 Live and 1 Undead.

For those wondering if 1% is accurate, I would say its very close. Good luck out there. Special shout out to Durkan and Healaran who were the other clerics hanging out the camp with me on a regular basis. I hope they both get theirs soon!
Old 03-12-2017, 03:00 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I still believe this quest is worse than the live version, especially by the late Kunark era. The live to dead Lord Grimrot spawns are way out of balance, the skew should only be slightly towards live Grimrot. This opinion of mine is not altered the way some people's opinions are, by the fact that I finally, after a month of camping, got my undead Lord Grimrot tonight. I still believe the quest should be fixed to be more doable for future questers.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:42 PM
Aviak

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=80243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog, November 2013
putrid skeleton: 90%
Live Grimrot: 8%
Undead Grimrot: 2%
3.2/3.3 hour respawn time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself, Feb 2014
You should have a greater then 50% chance of seeing the Undead Grimrot (2% spawn chance) once by the 35th round. At 3.3 hours per round, this is 115.5 hours (4.8 days) for approx 50.7% chance of Undead Grimrot 1 time.

It takes 114 rounds to get the expectation to 90% chance of seeing him. That's 376.2 hours straight (15.7 days), and 10% of people (theoretically) that do it like that still won't have seen him. 99% certainty of seeing him is at round 228 (more then 31.3 days).
Easily one of the roughest camps in the game, time dedication wise.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:37 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello all -- I am sure this is a common thread that pops up every once in awhile. I decided to try to camp this mob (going on 3 weeks now) I basically get the timer, log on when its time, kill the PH and go away for 192 minutes. Of course sometimes other priests come around and if they are there when I log in I obviously can't steal the camp.

I am not there every spawn due to sleep and work but I have witnessed in 3 weeks, 112 total spawns. Breakdown: 8 Live Grimrots (4 in a row one time) 0 Undead and 104 PHs.

For all I know an undead snuck in on the other 30 spawns I missed during sleep but holy shit this is some painful stuff. Is there any developer that has ever confirmed the actual % chance of undead grimrot? I decided I wasnt leaving the camp until I got it so I made an alt (which I have never done) and started leveling them, almost lvl 16 already.

Shout out to the other clerics who I see around the camp on a regular basis -- Durkan, Muckman, Healaran and others. Good speed all -- I hope we all get lucky some day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had my Undead Lord grimrot loot stolen from me this morning at 0720. I killed with my main and logged out for my alt to loot it. I pulled the mob away to where I had logged him safely and a player followed me. I was too busy making sure I pulled the mob to the right place and didn't catch his name, I didn't think he would steal it. Anyway I logged in my alt and the mob corpse was just despawing, which is odd as I was back in within 3 minutes. I can only assume it was stolen.
Closed Thread