Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 10:15 AM
Fire Giant

Default P99 Group Etiquette for drops?

After playing P99 for a few months at a time with like 8 different breaks over 2 years I am getting to the point where I will be getting groups that actually camp rare spawns with item drops. What is the etiquette on P99 for drops with monetary value? Everybody rolls for the plat or do people that actually want the item get it? I remember a combination back in the day on these rules but that was mainly because everybody was in shit gear. I am assuming its just free roll but was curious.

I am talking about camps like Lower Guk for example.
Thanks for any info.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

Typically it's all greed rolls for stuff that doesn't rot anyway in pick up groups. Need before greed does happen, but it's not the default and usually just among friends who are camping something specifically for that friend. If unsure, ask the group when you join and don't give them your time if you don't agree with their loot policy.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

No one does Need before Greed on this server, that I've seen atleast.

Everything has a monetary value, which someone can use to acquire items they need. People even extend that to things like the monk epic pipe in KC since anyone can MQ that. Etc.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one does Need before Greed on this server, that I've seen atleast.

Everything has a monetary value, which someone can use to acquire items they need. People even extend that to things like the monk epic pipe in KC since anyone can MQ that. Etc.
They used to, even in Kunark there were instances where it was frowned on to try and force a greed roll... but then, the fat cat meta came along... now it's just standard practice to have to roll for everything whether you need it or not.

In a sense it's not terrible because luck should even out and you might be able to sell something else you didn't need to buy something you do need.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

if its a guild group w like a leveling guild- NBG isnt that uncommon to expect

Pick up group - Greed roll all but I like to pass on stuff if I win something valuable til everyone else wins,but new members oin go ahead and roll more, its up to you

just make sure group understanda expectations
Old 01-13-2017, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

The best groups are definitely guild groups. I had some great times in guild groups doing HS wings, we'd allocate a master looter, we'd sell everything through 1 person at the tunnel (often not at the peak of what you "could" get for stuff) and hand out the plat to everyone later.

If someone wanted to buy an item for their characters we'd do it a bit cheaper for them, so they'd end up with less plat out of the split overall or putting in a small amount to break even [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

win/win and great fun... (beats KC/Seb pickups)
Last edited by Swish; 01-13-2017 at 10:36 AM.. Reason: added a bit in the 2nd paragraph <3
Old 01-13-2017, 10:34 AM
Fire Giant

Thanks for the quick replies! Gonna blow on my dice!
Old 01-13-2017, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the quick replies! Gonna blow on my dice!
Good call ^^ I would also recommend destroying any that give you shit rolls. Just throw 'em away or something ^^
Old 01-13-2017, 10:57 AM
Sarnak

I always ask 2 questions when joining a PUG. Whom do I assist (if applicable)? and What are the loot rules? I haven't been a high level group in years on p99 but at lower level 20's for example, I have been in some PUG's (Unrest) where NBG exists.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:04 AM
Fire Giant

Generally speaking.. Spells 3-400pp ish and under are usually just given to the group member or needs it. For whatever reason.. items are more likely to require a roll rather than need before greed. I've seen a dude with 300k in armor force a roll on a 150plat item.

It's not bad at all though.