Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

You're doing better than I was at 39, and my cleric was my first char on p99. I did a few "cash" camps to get myself some jboots; gornit in OOT and the spectres in oasis (i had to wait till 44 for these as i needed https://wiki.project1999.com/Banish_Undead in order to kill them without medding for the last shot.

Agreed on the "ignore what people say" front. You're a cleric - you're going to be mostly broke until you win something decent and sell it (as others have mentioned), or camp something easy for a (long) while. On the specs (just playing a few hours after work) I'd get a few hundred plat and some xp in 2-3 hours after work; if they were open. (you'd be surprised - once people realize you're a cleric they will usually be fine with giving you 1 spawn, since that's all youre going to be able to keep down anyway, lol.) Also, twinks in oasis that forget to bind would offer a few plat for 0% / 50%. Every spell has a purpose... (unless it was written by al'kabor.)

It is possible to solo to 60 as a cleric. It's slow, but sometimes you don't have a few hours to dedicate to a group, or need to get stuff done IRL and then the downtime is useful. Remember, high greens are worth xp as well. If you ever want a suggestion, hit me up in game and I'll tell you what i solo'd at your current level.

-Mcoy
Old 03-21-2017, 12:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You got fair gears for your lvl, I would even say better than many. Get some +6 wisdom rings they are cheap (150pp or less per - Stockmarket the player always sells jewelry and sells for cheap). Cenobite belt would be cheap upgrade for belt for you (+7 wisdom iirc). Get a cone of the mystic for primary it's 50mana/+5 wis.

Really the rest of your gears are fine. With what I recommend you easily should have no mana issues.

If you are running lom too fast for groups now, they are awful groups then tbh. Either you are healing multiple targets constantly, or the tanks are taking tons of damage due to low hp / bad ac. That or you are standing and meleeing when you should be sitting and medding.

Basically you should be sitting all the time, never doing anything else except maybe rooting adds if your group cannot. Healing is the prime job for you. You probably know this just want to make sure all bases are covered lol.

*** Also Othmir Fur Cap - 6 wisdom, 100-150pp.
Ty. I will check these out this weekend. I had a nice group last night where the tank barely took dmg and everybody was good. So Maybe it was just the group. Ive had groups where I have to heal the tanks 2x per mob, which is a struggle sometimes.

Thanks again.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattitude [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's a couple things that would be a decent upgrade and be in your budget.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Adamantite_Epaulets

https://wiki.project1999.com/Foreman%27s_Tunic

https://wiki.project1999.com/Crystalline_Belt

It is hard to make money, Im only level 20 so what I did was go to NK and kill a bunch of willowisps and turned in the Greater lightstones and make like 9pp each. was able to get a couple hundred plat to get some magic boots after only a couple hours. plus i got like half a level from all the lightstones and greater lightstones i turned in.
Thank you for the info.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're doing better than I was at 39, and my cleric was my first char on p99. I did a few "cash" camps to get myself some jboots; gornit in OOT and the spectres in oasis (i had to wait till 44 for these as i needed https://wiki.project1999.com/Banish_Undead in order to kill them without medding for the last shot.

Agreed on the "ignore what people say" front. You're a cleric - you're going to be mostly broke until you win something decent and sell it (as others have mentioned), or camp something easy for a (long) while. On the specs (just playing a few hours after work) I'd get a few hundred plat and some xp in 2-3 hours after work; if they were open. (you'd be surprised - once people realize you're a cleric they will usually be fine with giving you 1 spawn, since that's all youre going to be able to keep down anyway, lol.) Also, twinks in oasis that forget to bind would offer a few plat for 0% / 50%. Every spell has a purpose... (unless it was written by al'kabor.)

It is possible to solo to 60 as a cleric. It's slow, but sometimes you don't have a few hours to dedicate to a group, or need to get stuff done IRL and then the downtime is useful. Remember, high greens are worth xp as well. If you ever want a suggestion, hit me up in game and I'll tell you what i solo'd at your current level.

-Mcoy
Thanks for the advice! I tried specs but like you said, need that higher nuke to down them efficiently. I will be waiting to do that a 44 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-21-2017, 01:16 PM
Fire Giant

1st. Join a guild. There are numerous guilds on the server that have zero raid REQUIREMENT, but consistently raid nightly. And clerics are ALWAYS a must have. FoH is a great guild like this. (Shameless plug) But there are others such as Venerate, Omni, I believe Rustle, and a few others.
Make a point to go to all Hate plane raids. You will get free upgrades out the ass. You will also earn DKP for your epic. Don't feel obligated to do anything you don't want to do either. Obviously at this point in your character progression you want to maximize your playtime to progress your character, and your character alone. (for now)

2. Get to level 53ish, and get your ass to sebilis. Your #1 priority is to get to this level, gear be damned. Most groups in sebilis have some sort of a mana battery, and frankly, not many people will care about your gear. We know how it is. You'll find yourself making money hand over fist compared to the rate you make it now.

3. Make some Enchanter friends. Enchanter/Cleric duo is very OP, you could duo a lot of very good camps.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:49 PM
Fire Giant

I havn't been to Sebilis since the old days (2000-2001) I know it drops all of the armor pieces (besides legs and some others) for kunark class sets, but what is the big money making factor? Just getting lucky on winning an item to sell or vendoring gem drops ? spells? etc. or just all of the above?
Old 03-21-2017, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

make sure groups are giving you gem drops to pay for the dots you are spending on them out of pocket

or no symbols
Old 03-21-2017, 03:28 PM
Aviak

I had 2000 plat at level 24 (only character at that time) so yes you're doing something wrong.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

Start a raid guild, merge the guild, take the guild bank with you.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

I think you are doing well for platinum.

You have less going out than coming in, and that is the important thing really.

Focus on efficiency, improving your max mana is not going to improve the speed you regain mana.

I was healing KC basement just fine with a 41 cleric with junk gear (and I mean junk; slots filled with mesh from guk. Under 120 wis)*.

Don't sit at 100% mana, this stops you from regaining mana with meditate; cast something useful. On the other hand don't waste mana (or med ticks) on casting unnecessary spells.

Check /who for enchanters in zone and /target their name. If you can target them ask them to /rtarget you and C.

*part of the reason I went to KC is the Jarsath armor actually upgraded a few of my slots.

If you try to use your mana efficiently and /role or /anon I am confident you can heal many/all of the camps there fine at your level. The helm, wrist and legs have good wisdom. The gloves have some mana. They all have good AC. Excellent choice on the robe, btw. Good fashion questing!
Last edited by Jimjam; 03-21-2017 at 06:00 PM..
Closed Thread