Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 10:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebutthat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I liked Crystal Caverns. 30-34 kill orcs at the top of the cavern. 34-39 kill the terrors just past the little dwarf area, 39-44 kill geo's if you dont plan on getting the Phenocyst crystal thing.
Going to try this. Can you invis all the way to the terror area? I am lvl 35 at the moment. I have only been there on my cleric very little so I dont know it super well.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Going to try this. Can you invis all the way to the terror area? I am lvl 35 at the moment. I have only been there on my cleric very little so I dont know it super well.
Yes, you can invis there no problem at all. You'll also be dubious in the town, just like everyone.

Careful though. Those tentacles hit hard! They have fewer hitpoints than geos though.

Orcs->Spiders->Terrors->Geonids as far as difficulty in my experience.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:14 AM
Orc

Where'd you guys go in your 20s? I just hit level 20 on my Necro and got the pet (which for some reason is only sold in Paineel/Oggok/Grobb so it was a pain in the ass to get).

I tried Aviak Guards at 19 but they were too much for the level 16 pet to tank. One fear resist would spell trouble, and it seemed to happen a lot. Maybe I'd fare better at level 20 though with the new pet. However, the other problem with them is it seemed like three different people were trying to camp it when I first showed up there, so I imagine that spot is taken a lot.

I'm a human out in the Qeynos area. I've been grinding on Scarecrows in West Karana and that might even be doable for another level since they're probably still blue cons. But I dunno necessarily where to go next.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where'd you guys go in your 20s? I just hit level 20 on my Necro and got the pet (which for some reason is only sold in Paineel/Oggok/Grobb so it was a pain in the ass to get).

I tried Aviak Guards at 19 but they were too much for the level 16 pet to tank. One fear resist would spell trouble, and it seemed to happen a lot. Maybe I'd fare better at level 20 though with the new pet. However, the other problem with them is it seemed like three different people were trying to camp it when I first showed up there, so I imagine that spot is taken a lot.

I'm a human out in the Qeynos area. I've been grinding on Scarecrows in West Karana and that might even be doable for another level since they're probably still blue cons. But I dunno necessarily where to go next.
I hate to say it because it gets so boring so fast but Unrest is the name of the game. I am not sure if you are a twink or have any plat to spend but buy the spell "Hungry Earth" it is level 16, usually sells around 100pp cuz it's rare and very useful.

It's undead only root -- works in Unrest beautifully. You can literally Root+Dot solo anything blue or white or even yellow (if you dont get resists). Send pet at 60% , back him off if he gets in trouble.

The root is like 30 mana so you can keep them rooted forever. Unrest XP is insane and it does get crowded and boring. The only other places I did in my 20s were random Kunark mobs (I am Iksar not Human) and Ocean of Tears has a garg island with very good XP and plat, it is often camped though. Undead root is not necessary here, plenty of room to fear.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:48 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate to say it because it gets so boring so fast but Unrest is the name of the game. I am not sure if you are a twink or have any plat to spend but buy the spell "Hungry Earth" it is level 16, usually sells around 100pp cuz it's rare and very useful.

It's undead only root -- works in Unrest beautifully. You can literally Root+Dot solo anything blue or white or even yellow (if you dont get resists). Send pet at 60% , back him off if he gets in trouble.

The root is like 30 mana so you can keep them rooted forever. Unrest XP is insane and it does get crowded and boring. The only other places I did in my 20s were random Kunark mobs (I am Iksar not Human) and Ocean of Tears has a garg island with very good XP and plat, it is often camped though. Undead root is not necessary here, plenty of room to fear.
Yeah I actually managed to research Hungry Earth. I got lucky and found the mats as I was leveling. I'm not a twink. All I have is cloth lol. Doesn't much matter since Necros can do well naked.

Unrest does sound interesting given the insane xp modifier. My worry was that it would be like you said - crowded. I'm also not sure where to go in there at 20. I assume the yard trash would be mostly green at that point? But going inside...are there even safe spots to solo pull? I read about people doing Unrest at my level but I'm always curious how they solo it given the pulls inside aren't easy to do unless you're like in Tower or something but Tower is more late 20s than early.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I actually managed to research Hungry Earth. I got lucky and found the mats as I was leveling. I'm not a twink. All I have is cloth lol. Doesn't much matter since Necros can do well naked.

Unrest does sound interesting given the insane xp modifier. My worry was that it would be like you said - crowded. I'm also not sure where to go in there at 20. I assume the yard trash would be mostly green at that point? But going inside...are there even safe spots to solo pull? I read about people doing Unrest at my level but I'm always curious how they solo it given the pulls inside aren't easy to do unless you're like in Tower or something but Tower is more late 20s than early.
I am trying to remember what I did at 20, but I just root rotted anywhere I could find honestly. Eventually you will be able to break the fireplace but people get cranky if you try to hold it solo, because there is so many groups.

I am pretty sure at 20 the back room underneath the tower on the first floor is still blue. I camped the back hall between that room and the large side door. I pulled that back room down that hallway, using undead lull and root rotted in that hall. I killed those 3-4 in the back room, the ghoul in the cubby, the skeleton by big side door and there is another cubby behind MR nearby.

If it is a full spawn, I lull pulled the back room referenced above outside towards the water near gazebo to break. Sometimes the bugs annoyingly add but your pet should be able to take them down since they are green.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:30 PM
Aviak

A good spot for a solo necro from ~19-22 is the sub-basement of Kurns tower, assuming you didn't tank your Burynai faction. The ZEM there is insane and there are enough dark blue skeleton spawns down there to keep you busy. Also zone line close by if things go South. Hard to sustain more than 1-2 people down there though without killing Burynai, which I don't recommend.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:51 PM
Sarnak

If your goal is to level as fast as possible per kill taking advantage of high ZEMs, then dungeons with undead will be your best bet (Unrest > Kaesora > Lguk > Howling Stones).

These places also require more inventive strategies for leveling (you'll be charming most of the time).

People like things like Misty Thicket, Specters, and city guards because they provide good xp that becomes great because of how quickly they spawn and the relative safety of the camps. They also tend to have consistent drops that sell for more than Fine Steel (which is what you'll mostly be making money off of in dungeons until higher levels).

Some of it just comes down to where you want to be and how you like to play the class. If you want to fear kite, then dungeons are going to be tricky. If you like charming, they're pretty much the only place to go.

Good luck!
Old 10-01-2018, 10:00 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I just hit 33 yesterday. Once I get Beguile Undead at 34 do I immediately switch to that charm spell, or am I ok using Dominate Undead for a few more levels?
Old 10-01-2018, 10:25 AM
Fire Giant

A nice area for around level 20 is east karana, if you like open spaces. Gorge hounds are below 20 and crag spiders go up to 21 i think. They drop a ton of silk, a bonus if you intend to tailor.

For a very relaxed camp do the hermit in south karana. 2 minute spawn time with a chance for an FS weapon about every third spawn. The hermit is an exactly level 20 ranger, no variation.
Closed Thread