Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 06:03 PM
Aviak

Default Human vs. Iksar monks

So I realize that Iksar monks are overall better than human ones. My question is by how much? Are we really only talking about small incremental gain or is there a sizable difference between the two?
Old 07-27-2018, 06:17 PM
Banned

Iksar monks can't make Antonian Javelin's so they have to pay weaker human monks to make them for them.
Old 07-27-2018, 06:25 PM
Kobold

it's pretty significant
Old 07-27-2018, 06:37 PM
Kobold

At 60 it's like having a permanent Chloroplast that stacks with everything.
Old 07-27-2018, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartagnan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I realize that Iksar monks are overall better than human ones. My question is by how much? Are we really only talking about small incremental gain or is there a sizable difference between the two?
The Iksar advantage is in defense on a fundamentally offensive class. It's nice but not critical. You won't notice the AC difference without looking at a log parser. You will feel the difference in regeneration however; consider that a moderate gain. Long run a Human monk will do all the same stuff an Iksar can do. I think P99 players sometimes have a tendency to overthink and overrate racial choices. EQ isn't all that tightly tuned and squeezing out every last per cent of power simply isn't needed. If you feel like you have to min-max, pick Iksar. If you like Humans, pick Human.

Danth

PS: Long time since I've seen you around--welcome back. How's this for a blast from the past?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4grjh5.JPG (94.2 KB, 18 views)
Old 07-27-2018, 07:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Iksar advantage is in defense on a fundamentally offensive class. It's nice but not critical. You won't notice the AC difference without looking at a log parser. You will feel the difference in regeneration however; consider that a moderate gain. Long run a Human monk will do all the same stuff an Iksar can do. I think P99 players sometimes have a tendency to overthink and overrate racial choices. EQ isn't all that tightly tuned and squeezing out every last per cent of power simply isn't needed. If you feel like you have to min-max, pick Iksar. If you like Humans, pick Human.

Danth

PS: Long time since I've seen you around--welcome back. How's this for a blast from the past?
Haha awesome. That's unrest isn't it? Was a lot of fun leveling up in classic. I had a blast.

Thanks for the advice!
Old 07-27-2018, 09:22 PM
Aviak

Watch the monk best of the best. The iksars DESTROY the humans.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:46 PM
Sarnak

Iksar monk regen is dope if you're trying to flop somewhere and you gotta get that FD regen going.

Think the biggest boost it the 40 AC tho because it goes beyond the AC Cap.

Basically being an iksar is like having an item with 40 AC + 7 regen that doesn't take up a slot, humans look cool as fuck though
Old 07-28-2018, 12:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksar monk regen is dope if you're trying to flop somewhere and you gotta get that FD regen going.

Think the biggest boost it the 40 AC tho because it goes beyond the AC Cap.

Basically being an iksar is like having an item with 40 AC + 7 regen that doesn't take up a slot, humans look cool as fuck though
Nice post

Humans look so much cooler it's insane
Old 07-28-2018, 03:52 AM
Banned

only reason to go human monk is if you really really like the halter top human females get

Syythrak Hide Vest (halter)
Gatorscale Legs (leather)
Footpads of the Tiger (monk look)
azure sleeves (bare)
granite bracers (dark gray plate)
SCHW (bare or monk look, cant remember)
black headband or dragontooth choker

and you got yourself a sweetass looking female human monk.
Closed Thread