Drums, drums in the deep.
They are coming.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:20 AM
Planar Protector

Hope you're wearing mithril.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloroform [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What time of day do you like to take your dose?
I've been eating them at 8 or 9am. Do some yoga/meditation and then get to work. But I write fiction so it's not like I"m out operating heavy machinery or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know there’s research on long term antidepressant effects from shrooms, but I don’t think that was micro dosing.
https://www.theguardian.com/science/...d-people-study

This study references doses of 10 and 25 mg and the subjects reported having their brains "rebooted" and "defragged" which I find to be an accurate analogy. I'm a guy whose mental health has never been great and I find it just silences nagging anxieties. The increased energy is nice, too. I've pretty well quit caffeine already, because even on days when I'm not dosing I find I'm just not tired when I wake up.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:40 AM
Planar Protector

Cool. I’m glad it helps you. I could definitely use some long term anti sadness. Just be careful doing it too much. Chronic use always seems to work out poorly with hallucinogens. And by poorly you understand I mean the user is completely fucked. And by completely fucked I mean it works out poorly.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:21 AM
Planar Protector

I like the reboot analogy a lot too. If mental illness comes from getting stuck in the same patterns of thinking, rebooting gets you out of the endless loop which shouldn’t need to be done that often. Defragmentation, too, is only helpful every so often. Probably my favorite thing about this class of drugs is they don’t encourage habitual use. Get one experience and you’re good for awhile. Frequent recreational dosing is just straight up drug abuse.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:35 AM
Sarnak

For me it's usually longer (14++ hours) sleep sessions that feel like my reboot. Typically during/around migraines. It's hard to explain but a lot of the dreams feel like defragmentation in a sense. Like something is being put back together
Old 08-15-2018, 09:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For me it's usually longer (14++ hours) sleep sessions that feel like my reboot. Typically during/around migraines. It's hard to explain but a lot of the dreams feel like defragmentation in a sense. Like something is being put back together
Read "The Science of Sleep" by Wallace Mendelsohn and you'll feel totally justified in feeling this way.
Old 08-15-2018, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been eating them at 8 or 9am. Do some yoga/meditation and then get to work. But I write fiction so it's not like I"m out operating heavy machinery or anything.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...d-people-study

This study references doses of 10 and 25 mg and the subjects reported having their brains "rebooted" and "defragged" which I find to be an accurate analogy. I'm a guy whose mental health has never been great and I find it just silences nagging anxieties. The increased energy is nice, too. I've pretty well quit caffeine already, because even on days when I'm not dosing I find I'm just not tired when I wake up.
Quote:
Patients unresponsive to conventional treatments benefit when treated with natural psychoactive compound, but researchers warn against self medication.
Please do not self medicate pals, it's very bad for you. In the unlikely event your trained, professional MSc. or Ph.D./MD degree-having therapist does put you on a hallucinogen, that's fantastic and exciting. But! Studies showing hallucinogenic drugs having the potential to help patients resistant to traditional mental health interventions tend to emphasize that A) the benefits are potential, cf. established or proven B) exclusively relevant to patients who have actually undergone and shown substantive resistance to traditional interventions forms.

The study referenced does not, and these studies as a class do not, in any way, shape or form suggest that you, internet user with no formal diagnosis, are likely to derive medical or psychiatric benefit from "microdosing" LSD on a self-medicating regime. Very much the opposite. Please do not do this. It is in very bad for you. If you aren't yet experiencing the bad effects, the odds are you will, but not until it's too late, and by then you will be longing for your minor depression days of yore.

If you struggle with mental health, please only take psychoactive medications in consultation with your trained, professional, MSc or Ph.D./MD degree-having therapist. Or, of course, if or once you are a sound mental health-haver, for recreational fun, in a controlled and responsible setting. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So, again, to emphasize a key point of this article that many people seem to miss when reading them,

researchers warn against self medication.
Last edited by zodium; 08-15-2018 at 10:16 AM..
Old 08-15-2018, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, but anyways. Shrooms are pretty cool.
Closed Thread