Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 12:06 PM
Skeleton

Default Woolly Mammoths

23 Barbarian Shaman here - I've been working on my Totemic stuff slowly. I'm now trying to solo some mammoths but I'm having a lot of trouble - they seem to resist me constantly (I'm sticking to dark blue cons only).

Up till now, my strategy has been Malaise, Insidious Fever, Affliction, Root, Root, Affliction, Root, Root, ...

In practice, it's been something more like casting root 5 times before I get one that sticks/lasts long enough to med. Is there some better strategy I can use to down these guys? Do I just suck? I've been able to kill white/yellow cons for other pieces using this same strategy (they were very difficult...I imagined mammoths would be easier due to being blue). I've tried tanking a bit while trying to get spells to stick but they hit very hard. I can generally get them to about 50-60% before I'm OOM.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:41 PM
Kobold

yeah those Mammies hit HARD. at your level I don't know if slow tanking will work, but it might be worth a try. make sure you have your AC buff on I think its still turtle. but in general us Shams suck until 24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Cani and regen are game changers. Also 34 when we get our first pet.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Skeleton

I've found that I can burn them down to 25-30% with a full bar of mana just using Spirit Strike and then tanking them until they start running away. Their cold resist seems to be much lower or something - my nukes are almost never resisted.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:57 PM
Fire Giant

Just SOW kite them, SOW yourself, cast Fever, run away til you don't hear the footsteps. Stop for 3 secs (else your spell gets interrupted), cast Affliction, run away, rinse and repeat til dead. I did this from 19 to 32 with no problem. Once you get to higher levels you can root rot them but kiting them is way easier.

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Last edited by mgellan; 08-20-2012 at 05:15 PM..
Old 08-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgellan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop for 3 secs (else your spell gets interrupted),
Instead of waiting so long, you can also sit then cast, or keyboard turn then cast.
Last edited by monkeydoc; 08-22-2012 at 01:07 PM..
Closed Thread