Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 09:33 PM
Aviak

Default New Shaman help?

I am new to Shaman class and 1999. As such I have little knowlege of the class, my first question is with money being TIGHT what spells are worth getting the first few tiers and which can be skipped?

Any other extreme newbie shaman tips (Troll) appreciated greatly.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:07 PM
Aviak

spells arent so bad til level 29. especially for noobie troll and ogre shamans. Frogloks drop good cash, after they green out go get a bind in freeport and kill stuff in EC. Focus on bonechips and HQ bear skins to make you some plat. This is good enough cash til your mid to late teens where you'll move on to stuff with much better loot tables.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:56 AM
Planar Protector

Here are the key spells in each rank, with some caveats (some are only important in certain situations). As Crug said, getting money to buy all your spells is easy if you spend a little time farming. Just wander around The Feerrott and kill froglok tads, lizardmen, and decaying skeletons and you'll have money in no time. That being said, if you want to spend your money on other things (a full suit of banded and some kind of cheap weapon from EC is recommended for meleeing) or don't feel like farming, here is the list:

Level 1: Burst of flame, cure disease (get this once you start fighting zombies), inner fire (this is a more efficient heal than minor healing), strengthen
Level 5: Cure poison (or just avoid fighting spiders and snakes), frost rift, gate, sicken. Can avoid Drowsy since the first couple of slows you get are pretty weak and are not really worth the mana.
Level 9: Light healing, spirit of wolf, spirit of bear, tainted breath
Level 14: Bind affinity, enduring breath, levitate, root, spirit of snake (will save you money buying/selling), spirit strike. Again can avoid walking sleep, another slow.
Level 19: Affliction, cancel magic (you'll need this at some point but probably not at level 19), healing, malaise, shrink (once you start going into indoor dungeons), spirit strength.

You have a few options for leveling. One is to find a group and be a healer/buffer/nuker. They may ask you to slow but it's not worth your mana in the early levels because it's low % slow; the powerful slows come later. Ask people in your current zone to group, or head to popular locations like south ro, north ro, east commonlands, and guk. You should be friendly with ogres and dark elves if you need to go to Oggok or Neriak. Otherwise, pre level 9, you will be meleeing and nuking mobs solo; from 9 through 13 you can do the same or you can SoW kite (cast your two dots on the mob while keeping your distance so it can't hit you); from 14 on you can root-dot. Experiment with different methods and see what works for you.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 07-22-2012, 12:18 PM
Aviak

If money is really tight, kill will-o-wisp any of the karanas or eurd's crossing has them, you need a magic weapon to hit them. the best one with little or no pp is a mage summoned weapon. find a mage ask for a mod rod or staff of runes, its a temp weapon (will poof when you log) ask for 2 and corpse one with the /duel command. save the light stones then head to NK and complete the following, and sell the books
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Research_Aid
Last edited by Cholk; 07-22-2012 at 12:28 PM..
Old 07-24-2012, 06:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cholk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If money is really tight, kill will-o-wisp any of the karanas or eurd's crossing has them, you need a magic weapon to hit them. the best one with little or no pp is a mage summoned weapon. find a mage ask for a mod rod or staff of runes, its a temp weapon (will poof when you log) ask for 2 and corpse one with the /duel command. save the light stones then head to NK and complete the following, and sell the books
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Research_Aid
You can also do this turn in at the Dark Elf bandit camp in Nro. I think her name is Smyth something. I would get Greater light stones from wisps in WC, turn them into her for Neriak faction ( no negative hits ) and concordance of research and then sell it right back to her for 9pp.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchisarik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am new to Shaman class and 1999. As such I have little knowlege of the class, my first question is with money being TIGHT what spells are worth getting the first few tiers and which can be skipped?

Any other extreme newbie shaman tips (Troll) appreciated greatly.
If you picked CT as your diety re-roll Inny. One day I will get the proof the Devs require to show that the regent symbol of Innoruuk works as it did on live.

Asher
Old 07-26-2012, 09:40 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growlers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can also do this turn in at the Dark Elf bandit camp in Nro.
It's South Ro, actually. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-22-2012, 03:10 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by phobus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's South Ro, actually. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah that's what I meant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]