Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 12:22 AM
Orc

I am in a similar situation. I re-rolled as a Cleric, twinked my character, but can never feel at peace in a group that continuously pulls one after another. I'm always the one that has to say "oom - hold up on pulls, please" while feeling like a wrench in the group. How do I keep my mana flowing and keep up with fellow group members?

I'm level 12 currently, and what I do is cast Center on anybody who is at 80% health, sit, wait for two ticks, for Center cooldown, then do it again to anybody who is at 80% or lower health.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

Hrmm Center is an HP buff, not a heal.

You should be using Healing vs Center...

The only way you can increase your mana regen rate:

Get Clarity/Breeze
Get level 56 for Yaulp with Mana regen
Get Velious to come out and do Shawl

Otherwise you have just your base 1 mana regen + meditate.

If you aren't sitting between each cast you need to start doing that. Don't bother meleeing ever.

At low levels ya its basically just a /faceroll fest, there is no way to be more efficient really, you just have to keep spamming heals.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:21 AM
Planar Protector

What I like to do on my cleric is only heal someone if their HP percentage is less than my mana percentage. This enforces my meditation rate on them without having to say "hold up on the next pull", since they're probably not going to pull at 30% health. Really, you shouldn't feel self-conscious about your mana regen. Of course you can't heal indefinitely. Not being able to chain pull is a fact of life when you have one healer early in the game.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 04-29-2012, 11:46 AM
Aviak

One thing to remember is that people don't really need to be at full health. This is especially true if there's someone in the group who can help others regen, like a shaman or bard, or if they're wearing a fungi or ikky bp which is common nowadays. If you keep spending mana topping everyone off, you're wasting mana on healing that would happen automatically anyway. Having played both shaman and bard, I always cringe when the cleric heals somebody from 90% to 100% and then asks for a med break. You might want to make sure the enchanter doesn't sit at half hp and that the tank is healthy, the rest of the group can be at like 70% with no real risk. Up to level 30 or so, healing is much more about allowing the grind to continue than about saving lives, people generally aren't going to be taking so much damage that you can't react to it easily. It'll also encourage them to watch their aggro better.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:48 PM
Sarnak

i am currently buy some gear for my cleric. once he hits 200 wisdom, should i start focusing on HP/AC gear or mana gear?
Old 06-20-2012, 02:56 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hrmm Center is an HP buff, not a heal.

You should be using Healing vs Center...

The only way you can increase your mana regen rate:

Get Clarity/Breeze
Get level 56 for Yaulp with Mana regen
Get Velious to come out and do Shawl

Otherwise you have just your base 1 mana regen + meditate.

If you aren't sitting between each cast you need to start doing that. Don't bother meleeing ever.

At low levels ya its basically just a /faceroll fest, there is no way to be more efficient really, you just have to keep spamming heals.
FYI There is no Yaulp V in this timeline.....The best is yaulp 4 which doesn't have the mana regen component...Luclin i believe...which means never on p99...

Zaraax Zarathustra 55 Templar of Innoruuk
Zaraax Zarathustra 70 Cleric of Tunare (Retired 2005)
Zathrys Zahaduum 86 Rogue (Retired 2010)
Zarrin 80 Magician (Retired 2010)
Old 07-26-2012, 07:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaraax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FYI There is no Yaulp V in this timeline.....The best is yaulp 4 which doesn't have the mana regen component...Luclin i believe...which means never on p99...
Which is a pity. I used to play a melee cleric. with all my regen gear and yaulp I could melee and still have enough mana regen to keep the group alive. I'd usually get yelled at for meleeing but that soon disappeared when i could maintain it and not let anyone die

was much more interesting than sitting of a mount all day (mount medding was just wrong)
Old 08-13-2012, 01:42 AM
Orc

Wait for your lvl 14 heal and see if you are still having problems. Light Healing is pretty wimpy.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:01 AM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...o_Cleric_Heals
Closed Thread