Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

I doubt this shit will come up outside of extreme cases like Blitzkragg socking Tranix with 9 corpsed crowns.

Most people handle these situations with common decency alone.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 10-27-2014, 04:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I doubt this shit will come up outside of extreme cases like Blitzkragg socking Tranix with 9 corpsed crowns.

This. The GM intervention was phrased as such to police the extreme situations listed above - people leaving corpses just loot multiple lore items. Not for everyone to petition if the pixels dropped and they can have the spawn now.
Old 10-27-2014, 04:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

hey since this blitz has conceded the camp to many peeps like a gentleman.. things are back to normal, the sun sets in the west irl and south in norrath.

was a good thing that happened! and oh lordy will it come up a lot when we storm those frozen camps of velious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-27-2014, 05:20 PM
Orc

I don't see why the hate on the OP, hes not some scum lawyer trying to get a dude clear of rape charges. He's following a direction from Deru right? I'm sure Deru will clarify and/or rephrase his intent if its going to cause any negative effects to the server, its not like its a stone tablet.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:23 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Nothing new about this - We have been exercising this rule since the end of 2013. The only reason it was not applied at the tranix camp is because I specifically asked my guides if they wanted it to be addressed and they didn't think it was a problem yet. They also shared concerns that it would be rule lawyered so we just didn't do anything about it. I love the panic and big deal that has been made out of something that literally has been in place and enforced since last year. Weirdos. Besides it makes sense that once you get your item you should move along. Let someone else have a chance plain and simple. Corpsing multiple lore items is simply greedy and we like to encourage sharing when possible.

As an example we have been doing this for AC rings when necessary. Many people involved with these kinds of camps were already well aware of the rule long ago. Id also love to know how you corpse (read:die) an item and not assume you have Forfeited the camp based on that alone.

Whoever has been the one locking down Tcrowns for a month or so. I am sorry that we feel like this should, at some point, be open to others willing to put the time into camping it. As a side note I will be watching those crowns as well as the platinum earned to ensure you have as much fun fun spending or saving it as you did farming it. <3

Edit2: Sincere apologies, OP was not doing tranix - fixed my mistake.
dit: Apologies for any typos - am typing on phone while i wait for my CSR time i volunteered to spend covering frontline petitions tonight to start!
Last edited by Derubael; 10-27-2014 at 07:48 PM..
Old 10-27-2014, 07:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Id also love to know how you corpse (read:die) an item and not assume you have Forfeited the camp based on that alone.
Im only responding this to help ya guys better understand some player behaviors.. with this you just corpse it when nobody happens to be there and tuck your corpse away. or say that the corpse was not related to the camp, & you're waiting on a rez etc.

If someone is afk waiting for you they would never be the wiser. On a long ass camp, its easy to find the time to corpse something without anyone watching you do it.

*edit* most time this is not an issue cus most people are kewl

*edit edit* PS the attention the staff has put in regards to this issue has been great help at some camps, so thanks!
Last edited by iruinedyourday; 10-27-2014 at 07:57 PM..
Old 10-27-2014, 07:53 PM
Sarnak

Talking

I fail!
Last edited by BlkCamel; 10-27-2014 at 07:59 PM..
Old 10-27-2014, 07:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing new about this - We have been exercising this rule since the end of 2013. The only reason it was not applied at the tranix camp is because I specifically asked my guides if they wanted it to be addressed and they didn't think it was a problem yet. They also shared concerns that it would be rule lawyered so we just didn't do anything about it. I love the panic and big deal that has been made out of something that literally has been in place and enforced since last year. Weirdos. Besides it makes sense that once you get your item you should move along. Let someone else have a chance plain and simple. Corpsing multiple lore items is simply greedy and we like to encourage sharing when possible.

As an example we have been doing this for AC rings when necessary. Many people involved with these kinds of camps were already well aware of the rule long ago. Id also love to know how you corpse (read:die) an item and not assume you have Forfeited the camp based on that alone.

Whoever has been the one locking down Tcrowns for a month or so. I am sorry that we feel like this should, at some point, be open to others willing to put the time into camping it. As a side note I will be watching those crowns as well as the platinum earned to ensure you have as much fun fun spending or saving it as you did farming it. <3

Edit2: Sincere apologies, OP was not doing tranix - fixed my mistake.
dit: Apologies for any typos - am typing on phone while i wait for my CSR time i volunteered to spend covering frontline petitions tonight to start!
How can you guys act like this has been a long standing rule when it was never captured in the Play Nice Policy?

Just pointing out that the hidden rules of Blue99 are very hard to learn unless you have them all in a place where new players can read them

Leading the charge to bring back the classic feature /guildwar
Closed Thread