Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 11:48 PM
Kobold

al'kabor #1 wizard
Old 09-06-2016, 11:49 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nectarprime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I want to be a black person I can't be a human, I have to be an Erudite.

So black people are not humans.

#eruditelivesmatter #makenorrathgreatagain
That just makes it realistic. People are inherently bigots. To disagree with that is to be in denial. Stereotypes exist and for good reason. Some people try really hard to pretend that they don't... but that is what you call denial.

If you want a good lol try explaining statistics to a liberal arts major. Literally take your pick. From incarceration rates sorted by race/crime, to racial diversity numbers in NASCAR and the NBA. From number of TV exec's and bankers that are Jewish, to the number of Indians that are doctors.

The fact is most MMO's target white/asian males. Why? Most likely audience, therefore most potential profit.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:56 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is racist - You are one of the few who has noticed this, good for you(it means you are attentive in this day and age).

As you will notice most everything made of games and movies are racist, and Im not talking about racial hatred amongst fantasy races ingame.
Obviously you should be able to be "black" as a human in the game, but you have to choose "Erudite" - these fellas also live on a continent of themselves.

Guise of the Coercer, Iksar Hide Mask and Guise of the Deceiver all give +13 Cha and +7 MR, Guise of Obtenebration(Obtenebration itself means Darkness) only give +8 Cha and no MR, although it gives some Agi since "black people are good in basketball"

Yeah it is racist and I've mentioned this to EQ buds before, tho they dont notice it in all the other games and videos they watch
Why don't we also make it period accurate and have a tribal village as the black human starting town? Lets also make it so they can't craft anything beyond the basics. Lets limit their language skills and have them start with mixed factions from the npc's near their own village. Let's also add a slave quest line where you can sell people from neighboring villages into slavery for worthless trinkets on the Red server.

You know what? Realism sucks.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:21 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

This reminds me of another issue: is the amount of Scantily dressed women, as well as the depictions of Firiona Vie sexist? Is EQ systemically opposed to viewing the female race as anything but objects? Related ad:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-07-2016, 01:51 AM
Planar Protector

Grown on Vallon Zek I learned that evil teams are dangerous (and obviously evil), elves tends to keep to themselves, shorty are treacherous and only human team is trustworthy and that's mostly because they can't attack me...
Closed Thread