Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2021, 09:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Unhappy Addicted to EQ

First of all, English is not my 1st language. Please excuses my poor english.

Ok i think i need some help and seeking some advise from those who may or may not experienced this in the past. I’ve been playing EQ last couple of years and it became big part of my life. I love grinding, camping, and levelling and help other people. I has been great but recently i’ve been obsessed with this game and start prioritise this game over my real life. I had couple of sick leaves I shouldn’t have and this “Work from home” during pandemic made it too easy for me to make excuses… Yeah i am super addicted to this game. I never had this issue while playing other MMO since they have “diminishing return” stuff. (Like daily limit or weekly limits). I think i need some break from this game. Sometime I prefer to be online rather than be in real life. Is there anyone who had similar problems before and figure out how to get out of this addiction? I still want to continue play this game but I don’t want to be controlled by it. Apologies for being a drama queen but I figured I should share this with the community I spend the most time with 1st…
Old 08-02-2021, 10:05 PM
Banned

got warder loot? i dont think so

think your fine, bud
Old 08-02-2021, 10:08 PM
Orc

If you think you need a break just go pick pocket Elder Holgresh Beads.
Old 08-03-2021, 12:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfoxnz85 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
figure out how to get out of this addiction? I still want to continue play this game but I don’t want to be controlled by it
Awareness is key. You are on your way to figuring it out. Keep noticing whether you are spending time the way you want to. Are you the version of your self that you want to be?

Stopping for a while cold turkey is an option also if you haven't considered it. Surely it is the quickest way back to reality.

Your characters aren't going anywhere.

If you log off and don't come back for months or even years they will still be there.

You only live once. Go live some. Carpe diem. Momento Mori.
Old 08-03-2021, 12:56 AM
Kobold

Use the timer that comes up when you enter the game to let you know you've played enough.
Old 08-03-2021, 01:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your characters aren't going anywhere.

If you log off and don't come back for months or even years they will still be there.
This is my favorite thing about these servers! A fungi rocks today and it'll rock in 5 years. I vote you go RL it up for a bit and if it sucks just come back and everything will be just how you left it.
Old 08-03-2021, 01:32 AM
Planar Protector

Dont worry OP they are going to shut the power grid off in a few years and everyone is going to forever purge so just keep playing for now!
Old 08-03-2021, 09:03 AM
Sarnak

I was def addicted the first time around as a teenager with 0 responsibility.
Old 08-03-2021, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

Tales of Maj'Eyal. It's got the chatroom that is the real drug of the game, but it's turn based so you don't have to stay glued to the game to not lose progress.
Old 08-03-2021, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

EQ makes it hard to want to "go hang out with friends doing nothing today" because you could be progressing.

And that's where the depression starts. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread