Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Sarnak

I agree that Snare should be somewhat inneffective over 100 or so MR, and that can be easily changed... Interupts and Pushback can be coded in as well.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I finally found where the pushback is handled for clients. I have not decrypted how to set the packet yet. But I am getting close. I am not very fast at working with decompilers, but that is where I am at now. Looking through assembly language, tracing how that one part of the packet is handled.

Its only a 32 byte word. How hard could that be to figure out?

Hah. Hard. Let me tell ya. For someone like me who is not a super fast coder.

haynar
Keep plugging away! I played on TZ and would love a return to pre-Kunark PvP and so would a bunch of other people, I imagine. You are doing the lord's work, sir!
Old 08-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacab-insurection [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None of these changes to be made are bout "balancing" it's just the coding that EQEMU uses that negates actual resist and push back scores. I take it you've actually never played pvp on live? Even more so in a classic sense.

I'm sorry bro but in classic everquest 100MR was all that was required to effectively stop most forms of CC, pushing beyond that was merely just a convenience of availability. This isn't luclin era where you have auto-firing EQ/AM3 rangers or lifecursing/manaburning necros and wizards running around one shotting with no regards to defenses or resists, in a classic sense resists and push back played a much, much larger role

If you fail to understand classic pvp, then don't come to the thread complaining that these are nerfs when in reality the current state of affair for Eqemu in regards to pvp is one giant nerf in favor of casters.
I did just fine in PvP as an under geared monk. There were classes I tried to stay away from sometimes, but the point of having it classic is to create the same jousting, 5-10 min solo battles with people that were usually in the game. The long battles were the epic part of EQ. Casters rape in old world/ somewhat in Kunark and then it sort of gets about as a even as it possibly could with Velious. Some classes are just stronger in certain aspects though. My monk could essentially never kill a decently geared SK 1v1 no matter how great the skill, not without a regen/ MR based build. It really depends on how the character is built in gear and EQ PvP took forever because it generally came down to skill.

MR being problematic forces players to actually use dispells/ debuffs. Nobody debuffed on TZVZ, the spells became futile with the resist curve. Just sayin'
Old 08-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree that Snare should be somewhat inneffective over 100 or so MR, and that can be easily changed... Interupts and Pushback can be coded in as well.
I agree. It was that way and forced players to find other ways to beat players.

People really seem to want a change there because of imbalance or whatever. This was the exact reason why EQ PvP owned. The jousting was insanely fun, you really had to have pumice prepared to save yourself, or actually get effective spells off on other people. It was a huge system really. And every class was good. Rogues pick up momentum with double BS at 55, and discplines sort of level out some things. I remember Mythd (Enc) and a lot of other casters who were monsters to deal with.

Snares are just flat out devastating in this game in PvP. It should be resisted frequently.
Last edited by Buhbuh; 08-06-2010 at 09:47 PM..
Old 08-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Orc

Abacab is not talking about class balance in classic EQ. He's talking about fixing problems with EQemu pvp.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Planar Protector

On TZVZ or in general?
Old 08-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Banned

Without egg-shaped pumice, there is no classic PVP. Not only could you pumice bomb the pancakes out of a twink, then gank them, you could instant pumice your root off, click your jboots to fill the top slot to cancel the next dispel and move your ass. Also if memory serves, doesn't the Titanium client handle dispels differently than the classic client? I used to be anal retentive about my buff order (three junk buffs, including jboots, then real buffs with resists at the end with HP) so I could dispel myself without affecting my HP or resists.

Also, mages are screwed. You try to dispel root off your pet, and it gives a tried a cast a spell but you're protected message.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Orc

In general. If I understand things correctly, this EQ emulator's pvp system apparently has some flaws in it that make it different from classic EQ pvp, and Abacab was pointing those out.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Sarnak

Mages can be coded to work just fine... we had a few Mages that absolutely raped.. Pojab and Kringe come to mind... think Jonantik and Handpartytowel were the toons names.. but yeah some people really learn the tricks of their classes.. i played an SK and would always spam clinging darkness during pvp and follow with a dooming or cascading when it stuck while the monks and wars destroyed them... Clinging was used because it is fast and hard to resist... a good thing for mages to use are their Summoned items.. many are very very usefull in pvp...
And with Kunark and Discs.. Monks rouges and Wars become very very lethal... Velious is very nice for SKs... with HT disc... Hp gear... nice MR gear... but anything thinking as a caster they will be able to dominate forever is nuts... They are very strong out the gate.. but once people start getting gear and rolling in groups.. they have to pick on stragelers mostly.
Last edited by Kastro; 08-06-2010 at 11:18 PM..
Old 08-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Planar Protector

Those mage pets in the beginning were double BSing for like 450 450 on TZVZ, haha
Closed Thread