Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

Default WTB PvP

I feel the server's high-level population doesn't spend enough time PvPing. I know a lot of you are fresh here but personally I am getting pretty tired of clearing fear/poopsocking/whatever. PvP is a fun and exciting way to mix things up.

Some of you are probably thinking "easy for you to say, Jeremy, you're a Shaman and pwn the fuck out of people." When you see me sitting in the EC Tunnel trying to pick fights, it's not because I want to upgrade my e-penoy, It's because it's fun and I like seeing how the mechanics work. One of the two duels I lost recently (vs Monotone) was some of the most exhilarating fun I've had playing this game. Getting permawhirled by Brain was a bitter yet humbling defeat.

Bragging rights and shaking e-cocks is not what I want this to be about. Let's organize some friendly PvP as a place to try different strategies, discuss game mechanics, and just have some fucking fun playing some Everquest. I personally am interested in 1v1 duels, but we should look into organizing some different-sized matches. There's also different rulesets we could try out regarding things like buffs and potions or whatever. I'm really interested in becoming better acquainted with the mechanics of dueling. I don't know about you guys, but when each plane opened up, it took me a number of clears to become acclimated to the mechanics of the new mobs. I don't feel people have done enough dueling to really fully grasp the player versus player mechanics that exist on this emulated server. Such playing would also be a good method of discovering discrepancies between classic and Project1999 and bringing these to the attention of the developers.

So what do you say, 50s of Project1999? I know a lot of you bungholes are tied up poopsockin', but you should think about joining the party and trying to outplay the people you're currently trying to outcamp.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Getting permawhirled by Brain was a bitter yet humbling defeat.
Fact: You will never beat a good enchanter. MR be damned (and Tashed).
Old 08-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Orc

I'm not lv50, but I'm down for more pvp at the tunnel.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Fire Giant

when i hit 50, ill come to ec and daggerfuck you, and anyone else, all day every day, and i mean that with all the love and respect one can possible imbue in that sentence. <3
Old 08-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Sarnak

-shrug- ill turn the book in....if the guild does lol. gonna be hard raiding when an OT cant be healde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Fire Giant

ill duel you sometime jeremy

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 08-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtuosos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
-shrug- ill turn the book in....if the guild does lol. gonna be hard raiding when an OT cant be healde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
um.. /duel?
Old 08-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Fire Giant

i'll play
Old 08-13-2010, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

Stop being such a wussy! I think people are afraid to duel for fear of a loss. Cmon, it's all in good fun!
Old 08-19-2010, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

Cmon people! Don't you want to organize some PvP? It would be a lot of fun I think.

Let's setup some friendly duels!