Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

CB / Unrest / MM ...twinks park, twinks will be assholes. This isn't anything new, but it seems to catch a lot of people out.

That said, it's part of the learning curve. Don't carry any cash on you (bank before going somewhere like that), they can't loot your items. If you can't take being killed on a pvp server regardless of who or why it happened then you might be better off on blue.

The added challenge is what makes red players the best EQ players though - typically people know the combat mechanics far better than the average blue player and it definitely takes time.

I'm no expert versus any of the veterans, I never played on the live Zek servers or any of the VZTZ incarnations.

The more you practice the better you'll get, and joining a guild they'll help you improve with some good tips/advice.

Nothing beats the thrill of your first pvp kill though... chase it, it's better than pizza.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CB / Unrest / MM ...twinks park, twinks will be assholes. This isn't anything new, but it seems to catch a lot of people out.

That said, it's part of the learning curve. Don't carry any cash on you (bank before going somewhere like that), they can't loot your items. If you can't take being killed on a pvp server regardless of who or why it happened then you might be better off on blue.

The added challenge is what makes red players the best EQ players though - typically people know the combat mechanics far better than the average blue player and it definitely takes time.

I'm no expert versus any of the veterans, I never played on the live Zek servers or any of the VZTZ incarnations.

The more you practice the better you'll get, and joining a guild they'll help you improve with some good tips/advice.

Nothing beats the thrill of your first pvp kill though... chase it, it's better than pizza.
Weren't you just banned for something? The red forums are mentioning your name alot today.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:23 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimjaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wow. for the noobs above complaining about crushbone... heres an amazing idea that I bet you never thought of - avoid crushbone
No one's complaining, just answering the question about rise in population. and you're late with the amazing idea as crushbone is being avoided by not logging in anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

agreed
Old 04-29-2015, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwargod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Weren't you just banned for something? The red forums are mentioning your name alot today.
No sir!
Old 04-29-2015, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

Who Posted In The Thread?
Swish 84

yikes
Old 04-29-2015, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Just put "yikes" as your sig mate, saves typing it every time.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:58 AM
Sarnak

just got to lvl16 on red, have encountered 1 twink griefer so far. gotta say i approve of the community
Old 05-03-2015, 12:44 AM
Orc

What's the current level distribution currently like? Many lower level players still? Decent class variation?

Tempted to reinstall and play with wife and friend.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:09 AM
Sarnak

the current level distribution is currently current. it is concurrent, confluent, affluent, and unrulent. u should play [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

the pop caps around 300 during peak time and the lowbie zones are mostly empty. once velious drops, i would expect a wave of new twinks will flood in from all the lewtz
Old 05-03-2015, 01:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braelyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the current level distribution currently like? Many lower level players still? Decent class variation?

Tempted to reinstall and play with wife and friend.
Started up recently as a shaman (playing only when monk friend is online) and cleric. It does seem like most of the server is 50+, but there are still plenty of people to group with! And quite a few of the 50+ people actually hang out in the newbie zones to hand out buffs and help against the twinks. It seems most of the 1-35ish people are leveling on Faydwer but my favorite group so far formed in Oasis and then moved on to Guk. PvP has been fun! Even had some good pvp with mostly untwinked enemies over an xp spot.

Shaman is iksar and things are different there. Fewer people on Kunark, but still found groups in FoB pit, Kurns and WW where we're currently fighting giants to scrape together some money. We'll start out duoing but someone will inevitably join in as time goes on. Weird thing about Kunark though is that there has not been any pvp. Maybe something to be said of iksar solidarity?

29 cleric and 24 shaman, so far having a blast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread