Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yelinaks room z -162.75

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We got our first 1k thrown into the pot bois! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-08-2019, 09:54 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice info. What about max height for the The Hole to see a differenetial?

Someone should mark how low Kedge starts from underneath the Lake in Dagnor's Cauldron too, because that may put it relatively deeper than The Hole as compared to "land".
The Hole pretty much starts at 0Z with a few unreachable areas maybe +75 Z.
Entrance to Kedge within Dagnor's is around -333 Z. with the water level being 0 Z.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:37 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Non statistic? There's no other way to describe it...do you mean without numbers? I don't think anyone is sure, that's the point.
I think he means within the logic of the universe of Norrath. Like is there a bit of lore that would explain a certain location (like Sleeper's Tomb) as being the lowest geographic point on Norrath.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:24 AM
Sarnak

The winners will be people who find out that some random zone has an odd starting z-axis for no good reason, because EverQuest.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

hey if those are the physics of this universe, those are the physics of this universe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-08-2019, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Can you use EQ Zone Viewer to do /location measurements?

That would probably make it really easy to figure this out quickly.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you use EQ Zone Viewer to do /location measurements?

That would probably make it really easy to figure this out quickly.
but then the pot would be like 2k so you only game yourself! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-09-2019, 11:00 AM
Kobold

I dont know why people keep focusing on Kedge, it's in a lake. Granted BB is at sea level, but even still the assumption that a lake on the other side of a zone called Butcherblock Mountains is at or below sea level is dubious.

What we can be sure of is that Siren's grotto starts at sea level and goes down. Also, I dont know exactly where ST and DN are, but assuming they are below their respective teleporters, they are good candidates for lowest zone. Hell, the lava pit in NToV might be the lowest point in the game. I dont see any above ground temple there.

As for highest zone it is almost certainly High Keep, have you seen the drop down to EK on the back side of Highpass? If it's not high keep it's probably Frontier Mountains, some of those peaks are above the top of the skybox. Everfrost seems unlikely to me as I suspect it's cold because it's up north, not necessarily high in elevation.
Last edited by Halfcell; 08-09-2019 at 11:05 AM..
Old 08-09-2019, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont know why people keep focusing on Kedge, it's in a lake. Granted BB is at sea level, but even still the assumption that a lake on the other side of a zone called Butcherblock Mountains is at or below sea level is dubious.
Well physically geographically speaking, BB is at sea level as its adjacent to the Ocean of tears... and the approach to DC is pretty flat, maybe +/- 200-400 feet if I was being generous. Then the path through DC zone tunnel is about a -1k foot decline and then the lake, and then kedge, and then kedge is a very vertical zone...

So physically geographically (is that even a thing?) I would say its a very good guess as to the lowest point.

Though the hole is also basically at sea level too hmm :thinking gnome emoji:
Old 08-09-2019, 11:18 AM
Orc

I can confirm that the top of the peak above the Town of Kejek in Stonebrunt Mountains is 1455. Should be able to get a screenshot tomorrow.
Closed Thread