Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 06:23 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Too late?

Is it too late in the game to start playing p1999?
Old 12-24-2012, 06:30 AM
Banned

no why would it be game is 12 years old
Old 12-24-2012, 06:31 AM
Orc

No, there has been a an influx of new players recently.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:34 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

awesome! cannot wait! installing now
Old 12-24-2012, 06:48 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

How populated is the game and also are there zones i should stick to? im looking forward to qeynos hills and blackburrow!
Old 12-24-2012, 07:25 AM
Aviak

There's plenty of people online during peak US hours. Even off hours, I haven't had an issue getting a group after 10-15min as a monk (I'm level 24 atm)
Old 12-24-2012, 08:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How populated is the game and also are there zones i should stick to? im looking forward to qeynos hills and blackburrow!

Some zones are more populated than others for various reasons.
An example is EC tunnel is where people hang out to sell, as opposed to Greater Faydark. The server population overall isn't large enough for there to be a need of Faydark selling.

Out of the way places like Halas/EverFrost/PermaFrost are going to be low population contrasted to Commonlands/Ro/Oasis/UpperGuk. As for Qeynos and Blackburrow, you still get some activity there - usually people show up with new characters in order to farm gnoll fangs in Blackburrow for a quick level boost before leaving.

Overall population is about seven to eight hundred on a peak time weekend slot.
This is primarily US, there are some international players though.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:39 AM
Sarnak

Qeynos hills/blackburrow can be a bit of a wasteland -- that whole side of the continent is fairly sparsely populated, although ppl do like their blackburrow if they are gonna be anywhere over there. Near crushbone is a great starting area -- crushbone, unrest, and mistmoore are all very populated, have excellent exp mods, and are a great place to meet other new people to the server. Anywhere near ec can be good too (always high level buffs available) if that's your thing -- but personally I'd rather be in crushbone!

Population is good. People come for nostalgia not b/c its the newest thing. This isn't live where the servers constantly age out and become uninteresting, only to be replaced with new ones, etc. It's the only game in town for high quality classic EQ, and there's always more new people who find there way here.

The negative is SOME zones don't get used. Like you will rarely see people level in places like Cazic. But there's well populated zones at all level ranges and once you make some friends you can always hit up the empty zones together.

Enjoy!

-Propo Fol
Old 12-24-2012, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

I swear I see this thread like once a week. This is a classic server, it's never too late!
Old 12-24-2012, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

I know it is not classic, and the Surefall Glade portal will come out in Velious, but I don't see why the Devs don't make it happen now in Kunark. Qeynos and BB are just a turd to get to and there is some great spots in in Permafrost and Everfrost to hunt.

Nobody goes to those zones and that is a shame.
Closed Thread