Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 06:29 AM
Orc

Default SK/Pal duo?

I know this pair doesn't have the synergy of a monk/shaman duo or other caster/melee duos, but is it viable? My friend has a SK, while I have a paly. This biggest problem seems to be our low damage output, but I think we could at least do well vs undead.

Also, taking into account that both of us have exp penatlies and that both of us are tanks, will groups be down accepting both of us at the same time?
Old 12-24-2012, 06:57 AM
Sarnak

groups will most likely never invite both of you at the same time. It is a very terrible combination of characters unfortunately, due to extremely low damage output and exp penalties. If you are wanting to group together, one or both of you should make new characters and play together.

However, if you both really want to play those classes and are ok with not getting groups together then I would stick with whatever character you enjoy playing the most.

One of you could make a cleric and you would have a pretty easy time getting groups started.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:38 AM
Sarnak

the SK can snare, and fear...you guys can kill anything.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:22 AM
Sarnak

yeah, you guys can certainly level together as a duo (snare/fear) but really, it's going to be massively suboptimal vs almost any other combo, and it's just gonna get worse as you level up. At level 30 it won't be bad at all, by low 50's it'll be awful. No group besides a guild group or very (very) close friends would be likely to accept that combo in a sebilis group, for example.

Really, if you guys aren't too high level have someone re-roll something else. More ideal combos would have one of you reroll as a cleric or shaman, preferably the pally. A pretty good duo involving the paladin would be paladin/enchanter, which can be really effective if you find and charm a backstabbing mob (something you can do at any level). There are a lot of other possible combos out there and most would be better than paladin/sk, really, I'd have a harder time naming you worse duos than better ones -- I literally can't think of any off the top of my head.

Now there's a challenge list some worse duos! Everything possibly worse I can think of at least has some sort of functional use in a group. Like cleric wizard would be pretty bad, but at least the cleric can get the wizard into groups, and their ability to root nuke undead would still likely surpass the 2 hybrids.

But ultimately, play what you guys wanna play and have fun, sometimes making bad things work can be fun. Best of luck!

-Propo Fol
Old 12-24-2012, 08:29 AM
Planar Protector

That duo would actually be fine in the low 50s, due to deepwater helm. Although that will be nerfed eventually.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Pally Pally would be as bad as it gets I would think.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Basically your problem is DPS. SK+PAL without haste is less than a mage pet at L50 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 12-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Pal SK would be somewhat ok against undead - SK covers snares, Paladin covers undead fear. DPS is still a problem.

SK Ranger actually isn't too horrible. There are obviously far better combos, but...Snare + fear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

DPS will slow you down, and 2 hybrid XP penalties will slow you down some more [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Only attempt it if you're twinking up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-24-2012, 10:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pally Pally would be as bad as it gets I would think.
You win, hah.

I've actually done this at spirocs in TD in the high 40's back when I played a paladin. Another paladin and I who were good friends (nothing like shared misery to bring people together!) got tired of not being able to find a group and just rocked out. I'm pretty sure our exp bar moved backwards with every infrequent kill.

-Propo Fol
Closed Thread