Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 01:03 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras
Default Very specific HS question

Hi. I have never quite mastered this, so I am going to ask the question here.

What is a good way to take on the center room in HS North (Where the ground spawn for the boss room is)?

I always run into trouble with the pather between rooms who ends up aggroing both rooms and, before you know it, you get swarmed.

How-to as a Necro? Can you pull that pather solo?

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:31 PM
Kobold

Shouldn't be any different for a Necro than it is for an Enchanter since you really just need root and charm.

1) Wait for the pather to go in the ground spawn room, send pet to attack him, pull entire room back into hallway.

or

2) Lull pather, wait for him to go into the other room, send pet to ground spawn room, pull the entire room back into hallway.

If I remember right the pather can be pulled solo if he is in a very specific spot but if he's not in that exact spot you will end up pulling both rooms. I always used the first method of intentionally pulling the whole room as an Enchanter so I may be wrong on that.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:55 PM
Fire Giant

If you aggro the pather when he stops between rooms, you get him + the center spawn from west room (when facing south)

Then there will be 3 in east room, can open door via third person and pacify to pull, or open door back up and charm one.

“We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back.”
[60 Assassin] Ricquire (Wood Elf)
Old 02-17-2019, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Pacify what you can, root what you can't, snare the one you want, run around the corner and FD when the one you want is far enough away to not agro the rest. Stay down for a bit until they reset.

Could use stalking probes/HEBs, too.
Old 02-17-2019, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Has been years since I've done North on a necro but I think I was just waiting for the pather to reach the spot in between the rooms where he'd stay for a bit, then cast charm on him and spam /pet back real fast.

One mob from the 5-spawn room should come along.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:11 PM
Banned

Charm pet and /guard him at turn to double room, in aggro range. When he comes out of room he will aggro pet and usually bring 1 room. /back pet to guard spot, root roamer and run to ramp and FD.

If you catch him coming out a room, you should only get one room.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:39 AM
Sarnak

As an Enchanter I always waiting for the pather to enter the middle room and then just pet attack on pather. Once my pet engaged the room I would Lv4. AoE mez and lock it down. Kill the room.

As a Necro I would pull the pather as he is stopped in the middle of the 2 doors (I wait til both doors are closed). There is a special agro where a mob is allowed to call for help. The called mob has to have line of site of the mob you engaged. This is why when you pull the pather when he is stopped between the door you only get the 1 extra mob (PH or Name) from that far west room.

That pather can def be a pain. I would wait for both doors to be closed. I feel like its safer. I would also pull the pather with a spell not agro with pet. I feel like pets have a higher agro radius that you casting a spell. Specially with you being lv59.

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Last edited by Hibbs; 02-18-2019 at 02:43 AM..
Closed Thread