Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 06:05 PM
Sarnak

womp womp
Old 03-22-2019, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What the hell are we trying to accomplish in the world exactly ATM? Can anyone answer this?

It seems to me that despite any high minded ideals we come up with. We mostly serve to funnel the earth's resources (including human creative and productive power) into a handful of well-connected corporate owners and their families.

It only makes sense in a context of eventually redistributing these vast pools. Assuming they don't waste it on bullshit rushed space projects and dumb island building projects.

"We have to spend money to party like this, because otherwise, the government will take it all" -- the son of some rich Jew I know indirectly. He has like 5 Ferraris, doesn't work, and bitches about taxes.
We’re fighting HIV in Africa. That’s pretty moral I think

(China isn’t. The Muslims aren’t. No melanin participating in the noble endeavor)

Also, you’re able to share your political opinions from mom’s basement. Alternatively, had you been born in China, you’d be chained to your work station assembling my iPhone for your insolence. I think you’d agree there’s some virtue to that?

It’s perspective man. You went from being obese to being somewhat healthy. In one aspect of your life, you removed your head from your ass and learned the correct way to think and act. Now it’s time to completely get your head out of there and ascend
Old 03-22-2019, 07:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We’re fighting HIV in Africa. That’s pretty moral I think

(China isn’t. The Muslims aren’t. No melanin participating in the noble endeavor)

Also, you’re able to share your political opinions from mom’s basement. Alternatively, had you been born in China, you’d be chained to your work station assembling my iPhone for your insolence. I think you’d agree there’s some virtue to that?

It’s perspective man. You went from being obese to being somewhat healthy. In one aspect of your life, you removed your head from your ass and learned the correct way to think and act. Now it’s time to completely get your head out of there and ascend

Hes not ready to stop digging around in his feces, complaining that it isnt made out of gold yet. He'll figure it out eventually...hopefully. Throndor hasnt given up on this one yet.
Last edited by Thorondor; 03-22-2019 at 08:05 PM..
Old 03-22-2019, 08:03 PM
Banned

On a positive note. We hit an inverted yield curve on long term treasury bonds today, so we're looking at a recession very soon here.

This is his generations chance to build equity in the aftermath of the market bubble popping.

Stay liquid...it looks like its going to be a 50 to 60% downturn if you assume that market growth SHOULD have followed true economic growth since 09. This is where millionaires made kids. Dont waste the opportunity while deluding yourself into believing you "never had a chance".

Thats what losers who never tried tell themselves.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

Ew, Throbmore is back. Hope every is ready for some more word-vomit.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ew, Throbmore is back. Hope every is ready for some more word-vomit.
It's hard to stay away forever -- this is the best site on the internet.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

We're at a crossroads, where having a complete criminal is fine. It might not be fine. But we owned the frogloks so it's justified. peees
Old 03-23-2019, 03:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bezo's isn't evil but his company is paying zero fucking taxes. His entire business model is exploiting loopholes in the way our government works so money can be transferred out of brick in mortar stores and better paying jobs and into his bank account. Smart guy, but it no way to run a country.

No one is a bigger welfare queen than the Amazon Corp., except maybe other top companies like Walmart and AT&T etc..If you get paid $14 an hour, your paying for toward these assholes.
That's what happens when you have big government in bed with big monopolistic corporations. They have the lobbyists that push loopholes in the tax code and for regulations and fees they can absorb (or are exempt from) that their competition (especially newbies) have difficulty with.

The loopholes, subsidies and bailouts have got to go. Let businesses and corporations succeed or fail on their merits (or lack thereof). The banks should never have been bailed out in 2008.

Quote:
Bullshit military operations that benefit a handful of companies, subsides for the rich, excessive retirement plans for the well off, and yes, maybe $180 to a homeless person for food...but Trump is working on ending that part.
Didn't Eisenhower warn us of the industrial military complex?
Old 03-23-2019, 04:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
What the hell are we trying to accomplish in the world exactly ATM? Can anyone answer this?

It seems to me that despite any high minded ideals we come up with. We mostly serve to funnel the earth's resources (including human creative and productive power) into a handful of well-connected corporate owners and their families.

It only makes sense in a context of eventually redistributing these vast pools. Assuming they don't waste it on bullshit rushed space projects and dumb island building projects.

"We have to spend money to party like this, because otherwise, the government will take it all" -- the son of some rich Jew I know indirectly. He has like 5 Ferraris, doesn't work, and bitches about taxes.
While I don't like big monopolistic corporations, I also don't like redistribution of wealth. All that does is make everyone equally poor, like Venezuela. I have no problem with someone being rich, as long as they are not a Scrooge or a Mr. Potter (from "It's A Wonderful Life").

The ones who call for redistribution of wealth generally view wealth as a zero sum resource. That's not true in a free market economy. Using John Stossel's pie analogy, in a zero sum economy there is one pie where if someone gets more, someone else gets less, therefore the idea of the rich "stealing" from the poor. In a free market economy, wealth is being generated, therefore creating more pies. If someone gets more pie (i.e. richer), it doesn't mean someone else gets less (i.e. poorer). In fact, the rich can get richer AND the poor can also get richer.

Now, when it comes to government, when they get richer, it DOES mean others get poorer. Because, the government produces nothing and don't make wealth. They only take wealth.
Old 03-23-2019, 04:29 PM
Banned

It's not that complicated why libertarianism doesn't work:

Labor costs are too low.

Educational, Health, Housing, and Food expenses are too high.

In a pure market system on a timeline ends and implosion. There are no customers after awhile. Just masses of angry half-starved people.

If libertarian goverment was great -- we would have never left it.

Most of the advancements we are proud of in this country had nothing to do with libertarianism and everything to do with centralized forces organizing group efforts.

The pyramids would never be built by a libertarian system, the telecom systems and the internet would not either.

Cooperation works better than competition on a macro level.

I don't smell of cow shit, living on farms, or "living simply." I find it all extremely oppressive. Humans are more capable than that. So we made governments.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 03-23-2019 at 04:34 PM..
Closed Thread