Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayso2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Prexus. And our top guild from Kunark-Luclin was only a step behind the world-first big boys like FoH, Afterlife, LoS, etc.

One highlight from our rotation system was that you had to tag Dain and take a few rounds to see if he was a 350 or 425 version. You had to earn your spot against a 425.

As for trash talking, our server gave the world this gem. You're welcome.
Heard it here first - rotations had barriers of entry. BDA was right all along, Sontalak at 2 AM to join ToV rotation.

Thanks Chest!
Old 03-22-2019, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

While its very fun and totally not a rehash to see a dozen people argue with Loramin about instancing and rotations, the original post never mentions such a thing at all.

The questions posed were simply: are the raid rules outdated and unenforceable? And if so what ruleset could be devised where current staffing could in fact manage enforcement? If not enough staff for any set of rules, why are there still rules?
Old 03-22-2019, 06:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So the idea of rotations is stupid to me because then, why do I care about playing a game where I can afk for 6 months and just show up when it's my turn to open the chest ?
Isn't that how it is now, except it's you afk 6 days rather than 6 months. Only the FTErs/CothMages are actually doing anything. The rest just prepark, log in when their TeamSpeak alarm goes off, cast CH or backstab or click defensive for 20 secs and then collect their loot.

Sorry, your argument doesn't work here.
Old 03-22-2019, 06:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Making a thread in Raid Discussion is cringe
Making a thread in Raid Discussion to discuss raids is cringe?

I'd say stop posting before you embarrass yourself but you ruined that in March of 2010.
Old 03-22-2019, 06:19 PM
Kobold

I don't understand the mental gymnastics people play when it comes to experiencing raid content and getting pixels for their toons in p99. It's the same as it was 20 years ago.

Do you want a chance at obtaining raid pixels? Join a raiding guild.

Not getting enough of what you want because your raid guild is constantly reliant on teaming up with another guild? Join a self-sufficient raiding guild.

Is your raid guild still getting routinely beat out? Are you still not happy with your lot in Elf sim, and want to see more content, and have a more regular chance at getting those pixels? Join a more successful guild. It's literally that easy (unless you have a major personality disorder, or can't navigate through basic, every day social interactions.)

Be proactive about your personal experience instead of expecting other people to change their behavior to suit you, or you'll be chronically disappointed and upset.

Oh, RnF, sorry....REEEE!
Old 03-22-2019, 06:24 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heard it here first - rotations had barriers of entry. BDA was right all along, Sontalak at 2 AM to join ToV rotation.

Thanks Chest!
It was Gore on Christmas Day at 4am I believe, but that's another discussion from a long time ago.

We rotated some mobs on our live server. ToV wasn't rotated, but the first guild in force had it at their leisure. Once Aary died that guild would go left or right and then another guild might come in and go the other way around the ring. We only had one guild that could kill Yelinak prior to Luclin and I don't think AoW or Tunare were ever killed prior to Luclin.

None of that will ever work here. Much easier for two guilds to share than ten.
Old 03-22-2019, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadOnly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't that how it is now, except it's you afk 6 days rather than 6 months. Only the FTErs/CothMages are actually doing anything. The rest just prepark, log in when their TeamSpeak alarm goes off, cast CH or backstab or click defensive for 20 secs and then collect their loot.

Sorry, your argument doesn't work here.

Yeah we get it raiding is super boring
But if I have to wait 6 months to kill aaryonar to get 2 katanad of pain and have 0 ways of getting the aary yhe other months that drop double amulets then I'm gunna become bored and quit pretty fast
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-22-2019, 06:43 PM
Kobold

The elusiveness of not knowing what raid mob each guild is going to get every week, the ability to contest and attempt to kill each raid mob every week, the opportunity to potentially get that one item each week, is what keeps the majority of p99'ers logging in each week. Its what differentiates EQ from most games.

Force a rotation and I'd wager to bet the average daily server population takes a large tumble after just a few weeks once folks get bored waiting for their turn. Take away the challenge and we all might as well just play on one of the modded servers.
Old 03-22-2019, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah we get it raiding is super boring
But if I have to wait 6 months to kill aaryonar to get 2 katanad of pain and have 0 ways of getting the aary yhe other months that drop double amulets then I'm gunna become bored and quit pretty fast
But at least the Loramins of the server got their chance at loot without putting in any effort except showing up.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:05 PM
Sarnak

Omni's said nothing about rotations but about people continuing to break the rules.

Using AON's (so name and guild tag doesn't show) while they are training people
Intentionally mem blurring a mob so guild loses fte
Intentionally agroing and pulling a mob away that someone has fte on to cause that mob to leash
Dispelling a mob when slowed
Stalling a mob by taking a longer path allowing guild more time to log in for kill
Stalling a mob by cothing in 1 tank and 8 clerics and dealing no dps in the first minute of engage
Intentionally training pullers/coth bots in tov. (claiming accidental even though it happens every single time)
People constantly using rapidfire (see lodi, ring turn in,etc)
AFK tracking using /pet attack and gina triggers with a programmable keyboard

I think things like this is what he is talking about, not some type of welfare pixel hand out.
Closed Thread