Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

Default Was Enchanter epic such a poopsock on live?

So I have a 60 Enchanter that I’ve had benched since late Kunark, and I never did finish his epic. The epic as a whole is really probably the easiest epic I’ve ever done if you didn’t consider the suckfesf that is Verina Tomb and Vessel Drozzlin. I am basically done with epic, the only thing I’ve needed for literally years was Verina. It honestly surprises me that after so long, this camp has remained such a pain in the ass, but I guess with the server being frozen at Velious, new Enchanter alts are made every day.

It got me to thinking; how contested were these two mobs during live. Back then, level 50+ Enchanters were pretty uncommon, or at least as I remember it. I know finding one for a group was a pain in the ass back then, so I was just wondering, How many of you did this epic during Kunark/Velious? We’re they basically up, waiting to be killed most of the time?
Old 07-25-2018, 03:11 PM
Banned

Isn't Verina going to be included in the next patch? I think she's currently a 2-7 day respawn, and she's being patched to a 2-4 day respawn.. Not sure about your live question, but at least this will help going forward.. Whenever they drop the patch that is..
https://wiki.project1999.com/Verina_Tomb
Old 07-25-2018, 03:12 PM
Banned

I see no notes on Vessel tho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I've never played an enchanter but I definitely have seen my fair share of folks frustrated with these mobs. Sounds awful. Hope your time comes soon man!
Old 07-25-2018, 03:43 PM
Kobold

I don't have the time to look them up at the moment, but there are several old Casters Realm posts from 2001 that say creating level 1's and multiple people sitting at the spawn was common practice even back then. Iirc one post specifically said it was mostly a problem on the "old" servers that had been around since launch, not as much on the newer servers.

The problem is Verina wasn't a 2-7 day spawn on Live, 99% sure Vessel wasn't either, so people didn't have to wait as long to get their kills. There's also the issue you
mentioned, there weren't as many 50+ Enchanters.

It should get easier once Verina is fixed, but it will forever be a shitshow I'm sure.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:01 PM
Kobold

After losing VT during an EQ, I decided to camp a level 1 at her spawn 24/7, set up some GINA triggers, and set my speakers to max volume. I got lucky, and happened to be home doing yardwork when I heard the alarm. I ran inside and was able to pick her off after another enchanter wiped.

I did the same thing for VD, only this time he popped at 11:30 p.m. when I was sleeping and I woke to the alarm. I got him uncontested.

When I was home I would check my laptop from time to time and I was surprised that most of the time neither spawn was camped. People would log in, stick around for a few minutes, and then log out. Sometimes people would sock for several hours, but this was rare.

The GINA triggers make it a passive camp, so if you don't mind "not playing" for 2-3 weeks or so, this method is for you.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't have the time to look them up at the moment, but there are several old Casters Realm posts from 2001 that say creating level 1's and multiple people sitting at the spawn was common practice even back then. Iirc one post specifically said it was mostly a problem on the "old" servers that had been around since launch, not as much on the newer servers.

The problem is Verina wasn't a 2-7 day spawn on Live, 99% sure Vessel wasn't either, so people didn't have to wait as long to get their kills. There's also the issue you
mentioned, there weren't as many 50+ Enchanters.

It should get easier once Verina is fixed, but it will forever be a shitshow I'm sure.
Nilbog has indicated VT will move to a 2-4 day spawn in the next patch. I am working on vessel, but the evidence of his spawn time is more sparse. That being said, Vessel sometimes sits up for hours and is IMO, less contested than VT.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:50 PM
Banned

no one likes speed of shissar anyway
Old 07-25-2018, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Was so hard to find good enchanters on live, so that is part of the problem. Just having the wiki and knowing exact facts (not speculation) of how mob spawns work here is a big plus.

Add to the fact that uber guilds like, actually crawled ST / ToV (i.e. didn't log in for 4 mins for a zone line pull then go back to camping epic mobs) and that frees up the camps some.
Old 07-25-2018, 05:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This
Old 07-25-2018, 05:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone who is not wearing a 40-41% haste item should always be asking for SoS over VoG.

Also, if you have ever been the only enchanter recovering after a partial or complete wipe, you know the value of SoS.

Plus BiS stats (the only thing even arguable is the Fesh stick, IMO, and that takes incredible gear in other places to be able to justify).
Closed Thread