Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

high keep
Old 12-14-2018, 12:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnHoLyPoWeR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of hours roaming Qeynos areas on live. Gonna have to 2nd this.
Glad I’m not the only one, find that Freeport was a much more common choice for human rolls. But man I spent so much time in Qeynos Hills, Surefall, the Karanas etc. on my first ever character on live. Those zones induce the absolute most nostalgia in me I love going there from time to time when I’m bored just to wander around and remembering the glory days!
Old 12-14-2018, 12:38 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleLegit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Glad I’m not the only one, find that Freeport was a much more common choice for human rolls. But man I spent so much time in Qeynos Hills, Surefall, the Karanas etc. on my first ever character on live. Those zones induce the absolute most nostalgia in me I love going there from time to time when I’m bored just to wander around and remembering the glory days!
I had no idea Qeynos was like the unfavored human city back in the day on live, my whole life coulda been different if I had started my first characters in Freeport haha. Obviously learned later on Freeport was the place everyone was at cause of EC.

There is a certain nostalgia for me being in those areas that I can't kick, sounds dumb as hell but I feel maximum immersion being over there still.

No matter where I go in game, no matter what characters I make, Qeynos is always home. #GnollFangsForever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[60 Arch Mage] Unholypower (Gnome)
[58 Beguiler] Kudavan (High Elf)
[57 Troubadour] Atreyu (Half Elf)

Red Server
Old 12-14-2018, 12:51 PM
Kobold

Virtually every single toon I have ever rolled (with the exception of Iksar) over the years has "gone through puberty" (levels ~10-20) in North Ro/Oasis. That desert will always have a special place in my heart. The sand, the music, the dervs. <3
Old 12-14-2018, 01:21 PM
Sarnak

Just outside Freeport gate where my human warrior, (deleted then a monk), spawned. The first experience in the game.
The other zones all have their own flavor, even the four zones of Karana each have a bit of their own personality.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:38 PM
Sarnak

Oasis hands down. Docks, crocs, orcs, giants, specs, gobs. It's got everything.

Does anyone else remember in 1999 how the Oasis was bugged and the deepwater goblins spawned 10s of wolf pets that could be pulled single to kill by a group? There was a never ending conga line of dogs to kill.

Old 12-14-2018, 02:01 PM
Kobold

Lower Guk dead side for grouping memories
Sol A for leveling up in P99 (wish the ore was nerfed so the farming would stop)

Plane of Tranquility for the theme music
Sunset at the white bridge in North Karana was gorgeous
North Ro, just for the music
Old 12-14-2018, 02:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnHoLyPoWeR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had no idea Qeynos was like the unfavored human city back in the day on live, my whole life coulda been different if I had started my first characters in Freeport haha. Obviously learned later on Freeport was the place everyone was at cause of EC.

There is a certain nostalgia for me being in those areas that I can't kick, sounds dumb as hell but I feel maximum immersion being over there still.

No matter where I go in game, no matter what characters I make, Qeynos is always home. #GnollFangsForever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude i hear you, I didn't realize it wasn't popular until i played P99 and it was dead. I was a ranger, eventually i was forced to reroll and play in Gfay. However, i spent plenty of time running around my favorite areas prior. Gnoll fangs > CB belts for sure. Man now i want to go to Qeynos next time i log in.
Old 12-14-2018, 02:22 PM
Kobold

Qeynos Hills / Black Burrow 100% member first day I started on eq my buddy gave me full bronze and a axe of the iron back though I was god of the hills haha well tell I lost my body getting wrecked by a giant bat.
Old 12-14-2018, 02:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neesow.Shadowleaf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Qeynos Hills / Black Burrow 100% member first day I started on eq my buddy gave me full bronze and a axe of the iron back though I was god of the hills haha well tell I lost my body getting wrecked by a giant bat.
Welcome to the Qeynos Fan Alliance my friend. You are most welcome here.