Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 07:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But at least the Loramins of the server got their chance at loot without putting in any effort except showing up.
Here I am falling for the trolls. But look, can you just be honest Mead? How many people in Aftermath actually "compete"? How many just help kill the dragon?

You're arguing so strongly that competition is important, and yet there's so very little of it among any of the people actually doing the raiding. How do you square that?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:21 PM
Sarnak

yeah there is definitely some issues, but ToV itself is probably better now than it has been in a long time.

I think consumables right now, like idol camp and lucan (soulfires) are a bigger issue. Especially when guilds get a hold of it and don't let it go for days or even weeks at a time because there's no rules in place to prevent it.
Its kind of dumb that 1 guild can hold idol camp forever and just keep passing the camp off to themselves indefinitely in an effort to try and block their competition from getting idols and competing with them in ToV..... which is odd because I thought they liked competition? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-22-2019, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here I am falling for the trolls. But look, can you just be honest Mead? How many people in Aftermath actually "compete"? How many just help kill the dragon?

You're arguing so strongly that competition is important, and yet there's so very little of it among any of the people actually doing the raiding. How do you square that?
Even those without active jobs usually pull some weight and feel a sense of achievement beating other guilds. Playing chrono trigger is on new game + is less fun cause stuff is handed to you and nothing is a challenge. It’s not really a hard concept, it’s just like static dungeons vs instances. Go look at lot of wow players they just go through the motion, do there dailies , click box and hope for legendary. Sounds shitty. If you are uncomfortable with your loot situation, guess what? There’s more options for guilds then ever that try, key word try.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even those without active jobs usually pull some weight and feel a sense of achievement beating other guilds. Playing chrono trigger is on new game + is less fun cause stuff is handed to you and nothing is a challenge. It’s not really a hard concept, it’s just like static dungeons vs instances. Go look at lot of wow players they just go through the motion, do there dailies , click box and hope for legendary. Sounds shitty. If you are uncomfortable with your loot situation, guess what? There’s more options for guilds then ever that try, key word try.
You ignored my entire point there.

"Competition" on P99 is done by 1% of the people in the competing guilds (not an exact percentage, but the point is it's a small minority). The other 99% (or whatever; the non-trackers, non-CoHers, etc.) just show up for pixels.

If what is so important is giving the people who compete the pixels, why does the vast majority of the members of top guilds, all of whom don't compete (literally all they did different was join the right guild) deserve the pixels more than anyone else?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:33 PM
Sarnak

More quakes would solve a lot of problems on this server.
Casual guilds want a shot at mobs, quakes are your chance.
Maybe if guilds were scumbags to each other the GMs would bless us with more quakes. Crazy concept
Old 03-22-2019, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

All of them have to coordinate and mobilize together. Even the scrub guilds have someone willing to stare at a screen for hours (days?). And they do, just not for raid targets. It doesn't work if everyone else isn't ready as well. That's where most of the lower tier guilds fail.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing that people choose not to sacrifice their personal life for pixels. But don't expect top tier loot if you aren't going to put in the work for it.

Competition is what makes this place fun. If rotations are implemented this server will be trash.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
WHY?

Please, stop just saying things as if they're self-evidently true: make an honest argument.
I like P99 because it rewards you for your time and effort spent playing more than a lot of other games. It feels pretty good getting an item after spending a ton of time on it. Putting the best equipment P99 has to offer on a rotation system means you don't have to spend all that time and effort to obtain it which lessens the reward, and therefore would make P99 worse imo. And that is why the current system we have is better than a rotation system.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman2701 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More quakes would solve a lot of problems on this server.
Casual guilds want a shot at mobs, quakes are your chance.
Maybe if guilds were scumbags to each other the GMs would bless us with more quakes. Crazy concept
People are just people: if you put them in a certain system, they'll act a certain way. I don't see any point in blaming everyone on P99 for acting in the way the system they're forced into makes them act (essentially) ...

... but I do see it as a reason to try a different system. If the current one encourages players to act like assholes to each other, how might a rotation system encourage people to act? Especially if it leads to top-end players dispersing their alts into guilds throughout the server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not saying it's a bad thing that people choose not to sacrifice their personal life for pixels. But don't expect top tier loot if you aren't going to put in the work for it.

Competition is what makes this place fun. If rotations are implemented this server will be trash.
I disagree, but I respect the honesty of your post. You feel strongly that the only people who deserve certain pixels are the people that join guilds with people willing to compete by Project 1999's unique non-classic "competition" mechanisms (even if, again, the vast majority of those people don't actually compete, except in the limited way you mentioned), and that that's what is best for the server.

I think letting more people and more guilds have fun and kill dragons would be better for the server. But at least we're talking eye to eye now.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
i would agree except that the competition is over-moderated. repeal & replace PNPcare.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You ignored my entire point there.

"Competition" on P99 is done by 1% of the people in the competing guilds (not an exact percentage, but the point is it's a small minority). The other 99% (or whatever; the non-trackers, non-CoHers, etc.) just show up for pixels.

If what is so important is giving the people who compete the pixels, why does the vast majority of the members of top guilds, all of whom don't compete (literally all they did different was join the right guild) deserve the pixels more than anyone else?
Cause it’s a catch 22 in guilds , core needs warm body to fill numbers, warm body needs core to do the heavy lifting. I just don’t get your point. You could get whatever you want and have more options. Raid scene is 30000x better without tempest, ask the other guilds. I even can concede you can rotate your ass off on Kunark , but for top tier content like tov is dumb, as dumb as telling amazon no in New York .
Closed Thread