Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 11:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Omni is asking for clear rules, a simplified ruleset would be easier.

They are suggesting staff create a way to manage the conflicts based around their resources. Reasonable.

They are suggesting a FFA DPS CSR Free style if that's what works best. Reasonable and not in their interest, I wouldn't think.

But here we are and the morons here think they are suggesting some Bernie Sanders approach. Learn to read and think for yourself OP, don't trust anyone around here.
Amen
Old 03-22-2019, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

I love how every "it's fine, I don't see a problem" post comes from Aftermath. Like [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] the people benefiting most from the current system think it's fine!

C'mon P99 team, make this a server for everyone again: bring back rotations!

(In b4 "rotations are handouts for less hard working people than us: sharing with othersis un-democratic/un-American/un-capitalist/not classic/the work of the devil!")

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:34 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love how every "it's fine, I don't see a problem" post comes from Aftermath. Like [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] the people benefiting most from the current system think it's fine!

C'mon P99 team, make this a server for everyone again: bring back rotations!

(In b4 "rotations are handouts for less hard working people than us: sharing with othersis un-democratic/un-American/un-capitalist/not classic/the work of the devil!")
hey

theres a thing called live that has instanced raids where you can get your pixels with little effort.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomsen0312 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hey

theres a thing called live that has instanced raids where you can get your pixels with little effort.
hey

When you ignore the reality of an argument and instead rely on a false one (eg. by pretending support for rotations equates to wanting instances) you're being dishonest with whatever you're trying to advocate for.

Presumably, if you hard an honest argument you would have used that instead, but you didn't have one. Which makes sense, because rotations are not instances, they're 100% classic EverQuest, and they would in fact be better for the server as a whole ... but worse for the people benefiting most from the current system.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Why do we have Raid Discussion forums still anyway? It was birthed way back in 2014!

Majority of leader/officers in current raiding cannot post there.

New simpler rules probably are needed if current ones cannot be applied evenly however crafting those new rules is quite a challenge as nerds do not agree on even the color of the sky.

Hope this helps, happy Friday!
Old 03-22-2019, 12:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hey

When you ignore the reality of an argument and instead rely on a false one (eg. by pretending support for rotations equates to wanting instances) you're being dishonest with whatever you're trying to advocate for.

Presumably, if you hard an honest argument you would have used that instead, but you didn't have one. Which makes sense, because rotations are not instances, they're 100% classic EverQuest, and they would in fact be better for the server as a whole ... but worse for the people benefiting most from the current system.
This guy still mad that ToV rotation got pulled.

Sad
Old 03-22-2019, 01:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
hey

A. Classic was not rotated very often in my experience on brell, they were DPS races which are even more favorable for the zergs (which I am not a part of)

B. The point is that instanced mobs provide no contest mobs that are equivalent to rotations on a shorter time scale (your rotation would come up once a week instead of one a quarter)

Furthermore, you need to understand that the server has a limited GM pool to deal with server disputes. The rules need to be simplistic that require minimal intervention as these are unpaid volunteers.

The easiest thing for them would be to go back to DPS races without the engage messages necessitating "winning" the mob. You should be very happy this is not the state of raiding.
Old 03-22-2019, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Everyone play "Lets spot the AM posters". Don't worry, its on tutorial difficulty.
Old 03-22-2019, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

Ever since Tempest fizzled out the toxicity and lawyer-questing has mostly evaporated from the high-end raid scene.

Sure there are still disputes/disagreements, but incidents have been resolved between guilds amicably and, despite much reduced CSR involvement, it's not a total shitfest in ToV.

I understand that's possibly hard to grasp for people who only scour the forums and haven't logged in/raided in the last 3 years.
Old 03-22-2019, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
hey

Normally I dont make real arguements in RNF but I'd like to just shine alittle light.

Some people enjoy the competition , I think most dont but what a competitive raid scene allows for is one thing which is the real reason why I think most people dont rotations (including myself tbh).

Now that sounds bad and selfish whatever right ? Well when I think about rotations what comes to mind is that now it's basically just a dice roll on who is gunna get the elite shiny loot from ToV. For instance, maybe Guild A gets a hobarts and ranger sword , but then a couple months later Guild F gets Vulaks Robe, Koi tridents , cloak of thorns whatever. Good loot from x dragons. When there is no longer any hands to be played in who gets the loot, it kinda just devolves into a scenario where theres nothing to progress for and theres not much satisfaction to be gained.

Sure exclusivness isnt a great premise to base your fun off of but let's be honest, if you're in a high end raiding guild / ToV raiding guild, you signed up for pixels. Yeah you meet some cool people but I would wager you dont want to sit in tov for 16 hrs if you take the gamble of getting loot away.

I've raided on this server for a long time now and despite at being a high contributing member in both of my 2 previous guilds, I have never and still to this day do not enjoy the nonsense that goes on in tov and the raid scene in general. But you know what, it's the only way to progress my character and progressing my character is what I find satisfying about this game.

So the idea of rotations is stupid to me because then, why do I care about playing a game where I can afk for 6 months and just show up when it's my turn to open the chest ?

Sort of a bored work downtime rambling but I feel like people avoid this reality or maybe I'm simply alone in this opinion. Who knows, doesnt really matter, tis a game
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Closed Thread