Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-21-2018, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDefender [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The last patch before Luclin would still be the live patch for these logs. The servers were all on that patch up until the Luclin patch on December 4th. Unless you're implying p99 would skip the last patch before Luclin for some reason?

No opinion on the change one way or the other, but I don't see why logs from before December 4th wouldn't be valid.
Don't worry, he knows this but just despises me so wanted to undermine me. You are absolutely correct though. Thank you, my DarkDefender.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:07 PM
Kobold

Wedar if you're going to do this to me then you need to find evidence of the DD and Stun dmg/durations. Also, I'm never grouping with you again.
Last edited by PL_Barton; 05-21-2018 at 08:19 PM..
Old 05-21-2018, 08:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PL_Barton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wedar if you're going to do this to me then you need to find evidence of the DD and Stun dmg/durations. Also, I'm never grouping with you again.
What is the current damage / frequency on the DD and max duration / frequency of the stun?

What do you think they should be from recollection on live?
Old 05-21-2018, 10:55 PM
Kobold

Never played a Mage on live. I just hear the rumor mill that the proc rate is broke on P99 and it is less? Zero data to back that up.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the current damage / frequency on the DD and max duration / frequency of the stun?

What do you think they should be from recollection on live?
Dug up from another thread, thread started in 2013, Telin's post is from earlier this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played a mage on live, and I remember that all of the pets would cast every 6 seconds except the air stun, which was 12. This matches lucy precisely:

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.htm...67&source=Live Air
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.htm...20&source=Live Air Vocarate
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.htm...69&source=Live Earth
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.htm...22&source=Live Earth Vocarate
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=968 Water
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/s...tml?spell=1021 Water Vocarate

So they should be casting those spells very frequently. And in fact I remember that magicians were concerned that their pets were wasting time casting these spells rather than meleeing and GZ was sure that it was not a problem. I recently bought a Magician and my feeling was that the pets were not casting nearly enough. So I went out to DL, maloed some green/lb cons and sicced my pet on them. I was carefully watching for resists, but between the low level of the mobs, malo, and getting lucky on the level of the pets every spell landed.

[Thu May 09 22:08:31 2013] A drolvarg rager is stunned by a gust of air.
[Thu May 09 22:08:43 2013] A drolvarg rager is stunned by a gust of air.
[Thu May 09 22:09:07 2013] A drolvarg rager is stunned by a gust of air.
[Thu May 09 22:09:24 2013] A drolvarg rager is stunned by a gust of air.
[Thu May 09 22:09:42 2013] A drolvarg rager is stunned by a gust of air.
[Thu May 09 22:10:04 2013] A drolvarg rager is stunned by a gust of air.

[Thu May 09 22:14:25 2013] A voracious brute's feet sink into the ground.
[Thu May 09 22:15:26 2013] A voracious brute's feet sink into the ground.
[Thu May 09 22:15:48 2013] A voracious brute's feet sink into the ground.

[Thu May 09 22:18:46 2013] A stonegazer cockatrice is slashed by shards of ice.
[Thu May 09 22:19:03 2013] A stonegazer cockatrice is slashed by shards of ice.
[Thu May 09 22:19:31 2013] A stonegazer cockatrice is slashed by shards of ice.
[Thu May 09 22:19:44 2013] A stonegazer cockatrice is slashed by shards of ice.

Now my (possibly faulty) memory is that the pets would cast every 12/6 seconds like clockwork. But even if it was somewhat random, I am 100% sure that the earth pet rooted more than once a minute. This is not only a pretty big issue for mages, but I'm wondering whether dragons are casting their aoes frequently enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did what I could with our current system to remove any unnecessary delays; however, it is still too randomized. We need code development to fix this any further.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:31 AM
Planar Protector

I am familiar with that thread a little bit, seemed like enough logs were posted to warrant the changes (as mentioned from Telin).

The stuns weren't listed on here, but if we take the posters word on the DD procs (18 procs in 171 seconds) then the epic procs the DD on average of 9.5 seconds give or take.

If we accept that normal pets proc DD every 6 seconds, and air pets proc stuns every 12, then perhaps the epic pet had some kind of roll built into it that every 6 secs a proc would take place, if RNG determined a stun, then wait 12 secs before next roll.

So maybe a parse would come out something like this:
00:06 secs DD
00:12 secs DD
00:18 secs Stun
00:30 secs DD

So basically the first two rolls at 6 secs triggered the DD, third roll was a stun so waited 12 seconds before the next one, then rolled a DD.

This would be 3 DD's in 30 seconds, or about a DD every 10 seconds, pretty close to 9.5 seconds.

Just speculation, could also maybe have added +50% to cast time on epic pet so that instead of 6 sec DD / 12 sec Stun, maybe was 9 sec DD / 18 sec Stun. Who knows.

Maybe the folks posting in that mage thread can share some epic pet parses of spell data.

One of the posts on alla mentioned they knew what the DS was on the pet by parsing the spdat, so if you tell me the name of the epic pet DD / Stun I can try and look that up, may have a recast timer on them.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:45 PM
Kobold

Epic pet proc was close to 50%, I'm sure it's unchanged on live. The stun is timed.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:25 PM
Fire Giant

If you're going to fix this on mage pets, you should probably fix their aggro first considering theres a bug post out there thats 5+ years old. Mage pet aggro is completely unclassic. They should basically be able to tank in groups of 6 as a tank replacement and hold aggro, but they don't.

Here you go:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ght=mage+aggro
60 Magician - Magicgnome Magicmike
60 Epic Druid - Druidog Godruid
60 Epic Enchanter - Brainfreeze
60 Epic Shaman - Shamikaze Suicideslower
56 Epic Cleric - Letsplay Everquest
56 Necro - Necromann Sir
52 Epic Rogue - Mickstabber
Old 05-23-2018, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwoneo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're going to fix this on mage pets, you should probably fix their aggro first considering theres a bug post out there thats 5+ years old. Mage pet aggro is completely unclassic. They should basically be able to tank in groups of 6 as a tank replacement and hold aggro, but they don't.

Here you go:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ght=mage+aggro
Well, on this parse the mob fought for like 2 minutes then agroed on the mage when he got too close.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:46 PM
Kobold

Pets shouldnt hold agro over pcs but yeah they should generate more. I actually used epic into GoD because it outagrod a raid geared warrior so even though the mob won't attack the pet, it was still at the top of agro list... So AE taunt=more agro