Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

Question Seeking trade skill information

What is the max skill for every trade skill in classic, kunark and velious separately?
Which stats affect which trade skills to increase skill gain chance?

Please share your knowledge.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:26 PM
Planar Protector

Bump
Old 10-18-2019, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

Bump - no one knows this information?
Old 10-18-2019, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

Granted, I am not an authority on this, but here's my understanding.

For the chance to get a skill up, the higher of INT or WIS is what is used. IIRC, the stat only affects your ability to skill up on a failed combine (i.e. a successful combine will typically create a skill-up; your stat just mitigates the chance of no skill-up on a fail). The highest stat also has no effect on the success or failure rate of the combine, only your skill level in that tradeskill does (plus trivial level of the item you're trying to make, of course).

For a couple of professions, there's an alternate stat that will be used if it's higher than your INT or WIS. For Blacksmithing, that's STR. For Fletching and Poisonmaking, that's DEX. So for Blacksmithing for example, it uses the highest of your STR, INT, or WIS.

For max skill levels, I don't think they changed in Kunark or Velious unless I'm mistaken? I believe a few months after vanilla launch they patched it so that you could choose a tradeskill to take to 250 and all others were capped at 200 (with the exception of racial or class-specific tradeskills, which you could take to 250 in addition to one of the other general tradeskills). I'm pretty sure 250 was at least the cap through Kunark, but not sure about Velious. I know eventually it was changed so that you could take one tradeskill to 300, and any others you wanted to take past 200 required AAs; I'm just not sure if the cap was raised to 300 in Velious or not.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe a few months after vanilla launch they patched it so that you could choose a tradeskill to take to 250 and all others were capped at 200
https://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_notes
September 19, 2000 (Epic quest patch)
Quote:
trade-skill specialization has been implemented. Players will be able to exceed 200 points of skill in one of the generally available tradeskills. This includes:

Baking Blacksmithing Brewing Jewelcraft Tailoring Fletching Pottery Once above 200 points in one of these skills, no other skill will be able to exceed 200. Specialization restrictions do not include class or race-specific trade skills such as Alchemy, Make Poison, and Tinkering. Players with race or class-specific trade skills will be able to exceed 200 points of skill in that skill, plus any generally available trade skill.
As far as the cap per tradeskill in each era, there really are 2 caps... There's the theoretical cap, if items existed to craft, you could reach X, but then there is the actual cap, you can only reach the skill level of the highest trivial item you can craft in that era.

Not going to go through and compile these numbers (I doubt anyone has them in a tidy little package for you), but if you really want to know, you can go through the wiki yourself and put together something decent.

The issue is, that cultural tradeskills and some other recipes were introduced over a period of time that is not well documented. On blue they did not necessarily come out at the right time, and as a player base we have no idea when those recipes will be released on green. In many cases, those recipes raise the "actual cap" of the tradeskill.
Closed Thread