Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 03-08-2024, 09:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing is objective on page 48 of a SK race thread. Hope that helps.
Shadowknights cannot pass level 60 on P99.

Blood Ember Clickies will not be replaced by other raid gear that has better stats but the same click effects on P99.

Blood Ember Clickies save mana on P99.

Greenmist will eventually be replaced by better weapons if you can get them via raiding on P99.

These are all objective truths.
Old 03-09-2024, 08:47 PM
Fire Giant

Greenmist isn't anything special for players who can raid. For casuals who never raid, it's pretty nice, but still not even the best 1h ratio. Two tradeable weapons have a better ratio. They just don't have any stats. Still, Greenmist isn't anything more than a decent and vaguely inonic item. At the end of the day, as much as weapon ratio doesn't matter that much for a hybrid tank, nor does it make a world of difference if you have a little more resists. In grouping or soloing, killing a mob slightly faster will often result in the same amount of "damage avoided" as higher resists, because resists do literally nothing whatsoever against non-caster mobs which make up the vast majority of what you'd be fighting solo or in groups. And if you raid, Greenmist should not be your end-station goal anyway. For that reason, it's not a gamechanger for anybody. If you raid, there are much better weapons. If you don't raid, are you really fighting so many fucking caster mobs that the resists truly make a difference? Come on.

Mind you, MDS tends to cost more than a casual player can really justify spending on a weapon as an SK, and Shard of Night looks so dumb that I'm prepared to disqualify it on that basis alone. You've got your fear-themed tank in scary plate armor with skulls and shit, and then you run around poking at things with this absurdly tiny dagger. Nobody will respect you. Everyone who sees you that way will be thinking, "okay, the weapon is good, but my god does he look like an absolute cunt."

So on that basis, I suppose Greenmist is the most stylish 1h weapon available to non-raiders. It does show that you have some pizzazz. Well, it makes you look like a bloody mall ninja, but this is P99 and anyone who claims to be socially suave is full of shit because we're all nerds of the highest order.

Also, ogre is the best race unless you're playing SSF.
Last edited by greatdane; 03-09-2024 at 09:02 PM..
Old 03-09-2024, 11:39 PM
Planar Protector

He is just ensuring that newbies can get the factual facts.
Good information is paramount in this instance.

Not everyone will get BE. Not everyone will get Greenmist. Not everyone will get epic or BIS anything.
But the general concensus here is because most of us are no life, diehard, neckbeards that know every strat (and 'sploit) that top tier gear is a given. It is just the amount of gear that varies.
Sorta makes "newbs need le good info" a bit redundant.
Old 03-10-2024, 02:26 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, ogre is the best race unless you're playing SSF.
This i agree with 100%. Personally i just didn't want to play a fatty this time. But FSI is the best racial for an SK hands down.
Old 03-10-2024, 03:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by real_sauga_yoot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This i agree with 100%. Personally i just didn't want to play a fatty this time. But FSI is the best racial for an SK hands down.
Same, just didn’t want to deal with an ogre this time. Bash immunity doing FD splitting is gold.
Old 03-10-2024, 02:48 PM
Fire Giant

The only times I wish I had FSI is when I would tank draco/golems in fear. Those mobs actually stun you and there's lots of haphazard push going on, which makes positioning loose. No idea what you people are talking about with FSI for splitting. Splitting does not involve face tanking at all and if you're splitting blues 1) those mobs do not stun you and 2) taking an extra round of melee from a blue is a non-issue.
Last edited by Keebz; 03-10-2024 at 02:49 PM.. Reason: grammar
Old 03-10-2024, 10:51 PM
Sarnak

Sometimes I wonder what the NSA thinks when they go through analytics and see us reading and posting on these “class discussion” forums about race…
Last edited by Stonewallx39; 03-10-2024 at 10:54 PM..
Old 03-11-2024, 06:45 AM
Planar Protector

NSA "players" are too busy raiding city leaders for "+ intelligence" drops.
Old 03-11-2024, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

The presence or absence of blood ember gear would not factor into my selection of race for SK.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 03-12-2024, 09:14 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewallx39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometimes I wonder what the NSA thinks when they go through analytics and see us reading and posting on these “class discussion” forums about race…
"low risk but possible continued source of domestic terrorism. maintain automated filter for flagged phrases, no need for direct oversight indicated at this time. our resources are needed for watching tik tok."