Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 04:35 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
are you a former graffes wizard samadhi
the name really rings a bell
No I am not, I am a former forum mod for Pantheon Rise of the Fallen. I normally go by the name of Nirrtix. Long story there, but I was kicked off the team when I shared with the world of rerolled (aka Fires of Heaven) about the planned Fuzzy Trolls in Pantheon. Obviously noone liked it and that idea got axed.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:37 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naonak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ALS still roll hardcore. No twinking alts etc. They do guild only leveling from what I have heard. So you don't have to be worried about not being a twink.

I started playing Dec 18, some players look down on you for not being 200k plus twink, and others fully supported and paid it forward with help, lowbie gear and even purchased some spells.
I do not twink much if at all either. I may give a new toon like 200 plat to start off spells or buy minor gear, to speed up the beginning 5 to 10 levels a little.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samadhi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am concerned that all the rerollers will be on green. I do not care for a situation of being on a heavily top heavy server.
i'm as big a proponent of blue as you can get and if I were introducing EQ to a player with no prior experience that's where I'd point them, but if you don't like top heavy, definitely don't play blue. we're at peak mudflation here and I love it but it doesn't sound like you will. :>

personally I think green is going to be largely for very competitive players, players who have "get a legacy item" on their bucket list, and those who want a quick nostalgia fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naonak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started playing Dec 18, some players look down on you for not being 200k plus twink, and others fully supported and paid it forward with help, lowbie gear and even purchased some spells.
this was also my experience when I joined a year into velious. for me the relative lack of scarcity in low/mid level gear and the presence of twinks wasn't a problem at all, it helped me get on my feet quickly and into the fun parts of the game where everquest really gets to flex all its weird little systems at once.
Last edited by zodium; 10-08-2019 at 04:48 AM..
Old 10-08-2019, 06:22 AM
Planar Protector

Do what I did when I came back a few weeks ago: Practice on blue but play on green. Blue is just too dead if you're not level 40+, the lower level zones are a ghost town.

It'll be chaos at launch, but a week later or so, it'll calm down and the min/mazers will have moved on and we can then relax and enjoy the game!
Last edited by Deathrydar; 10-08-2019 at 06:48 AM..
Old 10-08-2019, 06:45 AM
Aviak

I'm level 26 and find groups all the time/ even as a druid-=) blue is a great server/ that once green hits will become more relaxed and my cup of tea even more then it is now =)
Old 10-08-2019, 07:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
ALS still roll hardcore. No twinking alts etc. They do guild only leveling from what I have heard. So you don't have to be worried about not being a twink.

Would be great to be a king of the ALS closed economy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-08-2019, 10:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samadhi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am concerned that all the rerollers will be on green. I do not care for a situation of being on a heavily top heavy server.
Whatever you do create chars now on blue server with the names you want.

And near the time of the merger, just the day before or so, delete your blue chars so your green chars will not have the x and you still get to keep your char names
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Closed Thread