Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 02:16 AM
Planar Protector

As it stands today you have two options to obtain a manastone

#1 be unemployed and also enough of a loser to spend 50+ hours straight clicking afk checks

#2 be unemployed and also have 2-4 unemployed friends who have enough free time to log in the toon when you eventually go to sleep at 4 am or whatever to click for you until you wake up

Kind of sucks that people account sharing have a much higher chance of success than any single player.

Proposed solution:
After 8 hours auto advance the list by 1 whether it drops or not. #1 person drops to bottom of list and #2 on list becomes #1 etc...

Allows you to both have meaningful employment and perhaps even a wife and social life and also get a chance at manastone.

Also evens the playing field so account sharers dont get an advantage.

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk and as always I eagerly await your autistic screeching rebuttals!
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Last edited by aaezil; 11-14-2019 at 02:18 AM..
Old 11-14-2019, 02:16 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This just in: players upset that a rare item is hard to get. Film at 11
LOL. Demand changes be made to the game by devs!

I still stand by my solution. Has worked fine for me over the years with such very hard to get items.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:19 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This just in: players upset that a rare item is hard to get. Film at 11
It is not exactly hard to get. We are literally standing around its spawn with no danger. No threat. No spawns. Heck no chance of a roamer or anything. Could afk here waiting for your turn by just /sit.

I wouldn't call waiting 28 minutes to nuke something down hard. It is rare but that is not the issue either. The issue is a system that has us remain on a /list clicking an afk check for 60 hours straight for the item. It is in that context that rare becomes an issue while being rare isn't the problem. Just the circumstances around it.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:20 AM
Sarnak

Is it the same on both servers or just in 1.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock2020 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it the same on both servers or just in 1.
Spawn rates and drop rates can be assumed to be the same on both servers, and the /list system certainly is. Teal may have fewer people on the list as the population is somewhat smaller. Did I understand your question right?
Old 11-14-2019, 02:23 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob54311 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL. Demand changes be made to the game by devs!

I still stand by my solution. Has worked fine for me over the years with such very hard to get items.
Just making up lies? Can you quote the player who has demanded the devs do anything?

I know me and Almond have pointed to the current situation but I haven't seen either of us say, "The Devs Need to do________". We are providing feedback that seems very much needed.

Having people constantly active without rest for 60+ hours is unhealthy and I doubt it is their intention. They already mentioned if they feel there needs to be a change they can do it. We are providing that feedback.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:26 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crovax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just making up lies? Can you quote the player who has demanded the devs do anything?
Is there another way that any of these proposed changes are going to become part of the game?
Old 11-14-2019, 02:30 AM
Sarnak

Yeah it's just that sometimes random generator can be weird and manastone dropping more in 1 then the other.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:31 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob54311 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there another way that any of these proposed changes are going to become part of the game?
I haven't seriously proposed any change. Unless you count the time where someone says, "What are your solutions" and I give a few possible answers. And always point out my main point is the current system is extremely unhealthy and needs to be looked into.

This isn't, "Devs need to change this!". It is, "This is our feedback. The current system is unhealthy and can lead to some serious issues down the line as more people reach level 35".
Old 11-14-2019, 02:33 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crovax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't seriously proposed any change. Unless you count the time where someone says, "What are your solutions" and I give a few possible answers. And always point out my main point is the current system is extremely unhealthy and needs to be looked into.

This isn't, "Devs need to change this!". It is, "This is our feedback. The current system is unhealthy and can lead to some serious issues down the line as more people reach level 35".
You are really splitting hairs. Not suggestions, but feedback?

Semantic arguments like that are what people resort to when they hopelessly wrong.
Closed Thread