Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evorix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Were Inny, Vox, Naggy, or mobs in Hate affected by this as well? When we killed Naggy this weekend he seemed to have a significant increase in Armor Class as well. The melee weren't hitting for sh*t.
Inny, Vox, Nag, & CT were changed a little more than a month ago....actually, the same time that OOC got nerfed. This massive nerf managed to sneak through under the radar thanks to the patent jackasses on the server!

Hate, Ice Giants & Fire Giants have yet to have an AC pass yet, but it's going to happen soon. (As in most likely next patch).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Large Rat

Hey, now we get bone chip vendors right? :P
Old 07-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where can I find details on the exp and ac changes?
AC has been moved to a softcap based system that more resembles live and now scales better so that you can actually see a difference when adding AC. Its not perfect, but it is an improvement.

Haynar
Old 07-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, now we get bone chip vendors right? :P
When I do play, I play a necro or SK. I spend 50% of my time chasing down bonechips it seems. So I feel your pain.

Haynar
Old 07-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Kobold

Good job on this patch, devs.
And thanks for the hard work.
Last edited by Tinino; 07-05-2010 at 06:40 PM..
Old 07-05-2010, 06:39 PM
Fire Giant

The pet changes are painful to my SK, but overall I'm glad that things keep evolving towards what classic was. Thanks for all the hard work as usual.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The max hits for pets was not changed. The pets summon by a variable range that now varies the pet stats and max hit, so you will no longer always get a pet that always hits for max.

You will have to pay attention to the pet's max hit, to see if you got the max level pet now.

Just to save you some time researching, pet max hits vary by 2 per level. If you have a pet that is max level, hitting for 40, the worst case min level pet would hit for 32. This is just like live was back in classic. If the pet is say more than level 10, the HP vary by 20 per level, at lower levels it varies a bit less. These are values I found while researching how classic pet variance was. They were not huge differences, but the varied, so I tried to emulate the same sort of variance.

Haynar
My earth pets max hit was 61 before and now its 48?
Old 07-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by makoho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My earth pets max hit was 61 before and now its 48?
Pet focus applies different now. You do not a bonus to max hit, unless you are using a staff of elemental mastery. Even the staff will only add +2 to max hit, and +1 to the max level it can be summoned. This is how classic was.

The shovel focus, does not give the huge bonus it did before. Nor do any of the other low level focus items. They were hugely overpowered. For that matter, they were not even level limitted. The way it was coded, having any focus item, you got the max focus. Any focus, was always the same.

But hey. The low level focus, should make your pet bigger now too. Thats kind of like driving a big truck now, right?

Sorry for the nerf mages. But I was really had the intent of only trying to get the staff of elemental masteries working right. Then when I got in the code, I found that there was only one hard coded level of focus.

Haynar
Old 07-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charms [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Btw, this balanced what exactly? Nothing? Okay, didn't think it balanced anything or made any difference except screwing pet classes over, just checking.
I never said that these changes were meant to balance anything.

There were complaints, that the higher level pet focus items for mages had no advantage over the low level items. That is what I was investigating. My investigation led me to determine that pet level variance was not "classic" and the pet focus items were not "classic".

I bowed to the complaining mages, and fixed the higher level mage focus items, so they are useful.

Be careful what you ask for. You might actually get it.

Haynar
Old 07-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Fire Giant

Charms, you mad bro?

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Closed Thread