Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 06:28 PM
Sarnak

Default MJs not dead

After 65 hours awake doing the manastone camp "solo," I at some point walked across the room, sat down on my futon, opened my phone to read some news, and got six hours of sleep after my head hit the stuffing.

This is normal, unlike the manastone drop rate, which is super gay.

I don't know exactly how to quantify "gay" for those of you who haven't gone from #9 on the /list feature to #1, primarily due to /list prompt bugs and players falling asleep, but I can assure you the drop rate is provably SUPER gay.

It becomes straight up homo when combined with /list though, as after one reaches # 1 status and sees all of eternity spread out before them, they finally get some perspective and realize that every person behind them in line, or specifically not in the top 3, is very likely to get nothing out of the camp and their time invested. So last night before passing out, I went through many idle thoughts of pity for those not so super human as myself that were behind me in line. I even considered that should I receive the item, it would be morally stunted of me not to turn around and to offer to fairly /random it to the group of people I spent more consecutive minutes and hours with than the vast majority of my flesh and blood family this past year.

I mean if I got the manastone no fucking way would that have happened, fuck you all, but I seriously considered it when I didn't have it. And as I still don't have one, I shall continue to bullshit about fairness.

The /list system, and not just that tiny authoritarian fucking cunt box that speaks some jibberish about "Do you not want to not afk to continue to afk the camp to not afk are you afk do you want to afk to not afk the camp?" was in fact the worst part of wasting nearly 3 days of my life. Which I was just going to waste anyway just like the rest of you morons that are over level 30 on green or that make any posts at all on elf simulator forums.

I personally saw 4 manastones drop in 65 hours, I saw a lot more people drop and get slowly crushed by this camp, and the /list feature invited them to do so and promised them - falsely - a chance. That is the worst part about this camp.

As an insomniac I'm absolutely familiar with the ins and outs of spending days awake, and I'm very aware about the fact that even those of us hardly affected at all by sleep deprivation still suffer the ill effects of spending consecutive days fully conscious without rest. Anyone transitioning through the varying stages of "being awake" that qualify for life after days awake know that its less, "I'm perfectly fine just like any other day," and more, "I'm fucking exhausted why oh why god can't I sleep." And the answer is always exactly whatever is keeping the person awake or preventing them from sleeping.

In the case of the Manastone camp, # 1 and # 2 from the /list at present have a reason to be there, and so, within the next 48 hours, the eternal question for them as to, "Why oh why god can't I sleep?" is "Beautiful pixels my child."

For everyone else its, "Lol someone played with the drop rates and "tested" it a full two weeks on Green Beta which had a population similar to Red on Raid day and with just as much multiboxing, and then decided to make /list over two people long with a tether and endless AFK prompts."

As an insomniac, this was one of the most genuinely fun camps I've ever done when it comes to actually interacting with players for consecutive days, players all working together to slowly erode each others reasons for living. I like to think that I personally made this camp absolutely unbearable for at least half the people I overcame upon the /list like a conquering fucking viking.

Yes my chaffing enthusiasm waned around hour 48, and I could only begrudgingly accept the continued tithing from those already conquered: primarily in the form of my defense and dodge skill ups being power leveled by healers while I mage tanked frogs and Evil Eyes. But not being able to summon forth the energy to annoy and entertain your fellow travelers is just a fact of life after spending days awake - a fact my conquered subjects now know for themselves.

I have no idea what staff hoped to accomplish by tweaking the manastones rarity and implementing the /list system for the camp, as both at once seem antithetical to the rationale for either course of action, but I would like to thank them for creating the one glorious instance within any game I've ever played that invites this level of misery able to only be witnessed and recalled by someone with a sleep disorder.

As a fellow conqueror, I salute you.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-13-2019, 06:38 PM
Orc

Happy with current system or would like to see it changed?
Old 11-13-2019, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

i'm really annoying, maybe i should do this manastone camp
Old 11-13-2019, 06:51 PM
Banned

In
Old 11-13-2019, 06:56 PM
Aviak

65 hours and he didn't get it. That is far worse than the 30 hours from the Teal server. And much more unhealthy.

Glad you guys are passing out and not taking drugs, or energy drinks to enter into the more unhealthy side to push forward with the drop. If this isn't evidence there needs to be a change I don't know what is.

If we are expecting people to stay awake and cognitive for 65+ hours that is a dangerous recipe.

Hope there is some change for the manastone. Maybe a break you can do once a day based on the amount of time you have been there camping or for every 24 hours you spend you earn a 5-6 hour sleep break lol. Something. Or just remove it from /list so we can do shifts in our guilds. Or some other change. Current system doesn't seem healhty.
Old 11-13-2019, 06:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.J. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After 65 hours awake doing the manastone camp "solo," I at some point walked across the room, sat down on my futon, opened my phone to read some news, and got six hours of sleep after my head hit the stuffing.

This is normal, unlike the manastone drop rate, which is super gay.

I don't know exactly how to quantify "gay" for those of you who haven't gone from #9 on the /list feature to #1, primarily due to /list prompt bugs and players falling asleep, but I can assure you the drop rate is provably SUPER gay.

It becomes straight up homo when combined with /list though, as after one reaches # 1 status and sees all of eternity spread out before them, they finally get some perspective and realize that every person behind them in line, or specifically not in the top 3, is very likely to get nothing out of the camp and their time invested. So last night before passing out, I went through many idle thoughts of pity for those not so super human as myself that were behind me in line. I even considered that should I receive the item, it would be morally stunted of me not to turn around and to offer to fairly /random it to the group of people I spent more consecutive minutes and hours with than the vast majority of my flesh and blood family this past year.

I mean if I got the manastone no fucking way would that have happened, fuck you all, but I seriously considered it when I didn't have it. And as I still don't have one, I shall continue to bullshit about fairness.

The /list system, and not just that tiny authoritarian fucking cunt box that speaks some jibberish about "Do you not want to not afk to continue to afk the camp to not afk are you afk do you want to afk to not afk the camp?" was in fact the worst part of wasting nearly 3 days of my life. Which I was just going to waste anyway just like the rest of you morons that are over level 30 on green or that make any posts at all on elf simulator forums.

I personally saw 4 manastones drop in 65 hours, I saw a lot more people drop and get slowly crushed by this camp, and the /list feature invited them to do so and promised them - falsely - a chance. That is the worst part about this camp.

As an insomniac I'm absolutely familiar with the ins and outs of spending days awake, and I'm very aware about the fact that even those of us hardly affected at all by sleep deprivation still suffer the ill effects of spending consecutive days fully conscious without rest. Anyone transitioning through the varying stages of "being awake" that qualify for life after days awake know that its less, "I'm perfectly fine just like any other day," and more, "I'm fucking exhausted why oh why god can't I sleep." And the answer is always exactly whatever is keeping the person awake or preventing them from sleeping.

In the case of the Manastone camp, # 1 and # 2 from the /list at present have a reason to be there, and so, within the next 48 hours, the eternal question for them as to, "Why oh why god can't I sleep?" is "Beautiful pixels my child."

For everyone else its, "Lol someone played with the drop rates and "tested" it a full two weeks on Green Beta which had a population similar to Red on Raid day and with just as much multiboxing, and then decided to make /list over two people long with a tether and endless AFK prompts."

As an insomniac, this was one of the most genuinely fun camps I've ever done when it comes to actually interacting with players for consecutive days, players all working together to slowly erode each others reasons for living. I like to think that I personally made this camp absolutely unbearable for at least half the people I overcame upon the /list like a conquering fucking viking.

Yes my chaffing enthusiasm waned around hour 48, and I could only begrudgingly accept the continued tithing from those already conquered: primarily in the form of my defense and dodge skill ups being power leveled by healers while I mage tanked frogs and Evil Eyes. But not being able to summon forth the energy to annoy and entertain your fellow travelers is just a fact of life after spending days awake - a fact my conquered subjects now know for themselves.

I have no idea what staff hoped to accomplish by tweaking the manastones rarity and implementing the /list system for the camp, as both at once seem antithetical to the rationale for either course of action, but I would like to thank them for creating the one glorious instance within any game I've ever played that invites this level of misery able to only be witnessed and recalled by someone with a sleep disorder.

As a fellow conqueror, I salute you.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You seem like a nice enough person. Why do you have to use “gay” as a synonym for lame? Or awful or whatever.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:01 PM
Sarnak

You got beat and that's okay.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 11-13-2019, 07:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You seem like a nice enough person. Why do you have to use “gay” as a synonym for lame? Or awful or whatever.
His entire post talks about how he made a mockery of eq, and used his accomplice, the list function, to do so. It was by no means a serious treatise on the matter of playing everquest.

Taken at it's face value, we must have read his gay to mean lighthearted, which is entirely in line with the demeanor of RnF.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 11-13-2019, 07:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I continue to use gay and homo to describe things as lame for the same reason gays continue to roll their eyes and quip about things being straight. Relative to my own hetero way of being, the opposite is undesirable and therefore disagreeable to me were I personally to be forced to live it. I personally can't fathom the harm from identifying my own perspective or at least my adopted and claimed primary way of being in any conversation or forum - yet anyone that dislikes that can still avoid me entirely, or call me out as you have.

To qualify my niceness or agreeability based around compliance to your preferred mode of discourse, by asserting that anyone who is unagreeable to you might only ape agreeability and therefore never transition from "seeming" to be something and actually embodying those traits, is to me the far more harming. Perhaps serving as evidence of an underlying unconsciously applied intolerance adopted by those who wish for pleasant or enjoyable conversation yet use social convention to force others to moderate their most fundamental way of being.

I don't actually think that living "loudly" is acceptable and desirable for anyone having a serious conversation, but I was very clearly not being overly serious, and I also do not think your use of "seem" is any more telling than my use of gay, homo, or fag would be in casual conversation. Though we could both state such is the case and talk past each other indefinitely on the topic.

Now I'm off to enjoy a home cooked meal, my Irish Spring smelling balls, and my lack of manastone.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:23 PM
Banned

fantastic post

don't do power words tho you'll get in trouble
Closed Thread