Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 12:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tranix was ruled FTE many a times back in the day, I have no idea when it became a 'camp' let a lone one you even call in the CC rofl

Is there any other mob in the game similar to this that people claim in this fashion?

DE hut ( 8 hrs )- always who can tag first
Phinny ( 12 hrs )- usually not very contested but I have out 'mobilized' another group going for him in the past, most the time you just work out what items the others are seeking and /random
Drusella ( 24 hrs ) - no one sits in her hallway all day calling her on the CC, plus most the time its rare multiple people will have the timer to compete
Dartain ( 36 hrs ) - no one claims this one either, FTE unless you show up and people are socking behind the rock, then ur beat

I cant think of any other similar 8 hr spawn where its seemed fine and dandy to claim it as a camp as the 'accepted' social norm.

In fact ( about a year ago ) , Ive had a TMO waltz into Tranix's room, when hes due within 30 min, a group + of guildies all sitting on the throne n active straight up tell the other 8 people there that

HE is going to be trying to FTE, and he isnt going to hide it. Good luck.

We Lol'd and he repeated how serious he was.....
Where's the ruling on this, was it on forums or via discussion in game with GM? Does any proof survive? Could put the issue to bed right there if so.

Hopefully someone has this.

I'm also confused by your post. You said he was ruled FTE but you all laughed at a TMO guy for trying to get FTE?
Old 10-17-2014, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where's the ruling on this, was it on forums or via discussion in game with GM? Does any proof survive? Could put the issue to bed right there if so.

like I said it was a year ago.

What used to happen is, depending on who answered your petition.....

GMs/Guides would say both it was a camp and it was FTE.

it literally depended on who you were talking to and what mood they were in.

I have clicked air for Tranix before, I have also showed up 3-4 hrs early to 'claim' him.

Somewhere along the line, all that mattered was if the person poopsocking the throne could solo him, then he could claim him. If you had a character there that could not feasibly solo the encounter, then you could not claim the camp for yourself nor could you hold it for your friends.

I have no idea when anything became 'official'. I dont think it ever has.....
Old 10-17-2014, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm also confused by your post. You said he was ruled FTE but you all laughed at a TMO guy for trying to get FTE?
Well like I said, it literally changed all the time depending on who answered your petition.

But it was incredibly douchey thing to show up alone, within 30 min of spawning, with 8+ active people already sitting there and tell THEM that you are going to go for the FTE.

Even if it was legit ( which it kinda was sometimes ) it was still worthy of being laughed at....

I think he eventually just logged out actually and didnt bother. We had a good lol about it in teamspeak with how confident and arrogant he was in talking to us.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
like I said it was a year ago.

What used to happen is, depending on who answered your petition.....

GMs/Guides would say both it was a camp and it was FTE.

it literally depended on who you were talking to and what mood they were in.

I have clicked air for Tranix before, I have also showed up 3-4 hrs early to 'claim' him.

Somewhere along the line, all that mattered was if the person poopsocking the throne could solo him, then he could claim him. If you had a character there that could not feasibly solo the encounter, then you could not claim the camp for yourself nor could you hold it for your friends.

I have no idea when anything became 'official'. I dont think it ever has.....
Ah, that's too bad. One person monopolizing it aside, I think it would be good to have some actual clear rules on whether he's FTE or a camp. All I'm convened about is adhering to the rules overall.

Honestly, I'm about 60/40 myself on camp/fte. There's so many one off or gray area encounters in the game, none exactly the same, so it's hard to tell.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

But it was incredibly douchey thing to show up alone, within 30 min of spawning, with 8+ active people already sitting there and tell THEM that you are going to go for the FTE.

Even if it was legit ( which it kinda was sometimes ) it was still worthy of being laughed at....
Douchey, probably. Legit, yeah I guess. I guess the most prominent issue I see in EQ these days is nobody gives a fuck if they're a douche 25/7.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Douchey, probably. Legit, yeah I guess. I guess the most prominent issue I see in EQ these days is nobody gives a fuck if they're a douche 25/7.
well certainly not enough people give a fuck.

a lot on this server do however....

hence why you see such a disparity in the raiding scene lol

I too would like this situation kinda re-visited. I see it as an instance of "this is why we cant have nice things"

Tranix as a camp seems to me like a failed experiment that basically handed the keys to Crown of King Tranix to any shaman with no life/torpor

Just because its somewhat accepted now, doesnt mean it should be like that forever....

tho I think the easiest solution would be like what Crom I think said earlier in this thread, make corpses count as part of your bank/inventory

If he cant corpse the crowns as easy he will have to leave on occasion so others can swoop in ( its impossible to swoop in when he corpses the crowns, hes bound there and he has an entire 7 hrs 59 min to find a good 2-3 min opening to kill himself with no one around )
Last edited by Erati; 10-17-2014 at 12:53 PM..
Old 10-17-2014, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
well certainly not enough people give a fuck.

a lot on this server do however....

hence why you see such a disparity in the raiding scene lol

I too would like this situation kinda re-visited. I see it as an instance of "this is why we cant have nice things"

Tranix as a camp seems to me like a failed experiment that basically handed the keys to Crown of King Tranix to any shaman with no life/torpor

Just because its somewhat accepted now, doesnt mean it should be like that forever....

tho I think the easiest solution would be like what Crom I think said earlier in this thread, make corpses count as part of your bank/inventory

If he cant corpse the crowns as easy he will have to leave on occasion so others can swoop in ( its impossible to swoop in when he corpses the crowns, hes bound there and he has an entire 7 hrs 59 min to find a good 2-3 min opening to kill himself with no one around )
Why leave when you can 2box. U srs?
Old 10-17-2014, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why leave when you can 2box. U srs?
if you guys have evidence of him 2boxing aka screenshots of him admitting it

or

are talking to to one of his known alts while the shaman is logged in at Tranix

PETITION IT

otherwise you are simply trolling

( he prob has someone log in the shaman while he logs in the monk to do all that crap. If anyone thinks Clark himself has been there 24/7 they are dumb. )
Old 10-17-2014, 01:06 PM
Sarnak

Grats on 1k posts Erati
Old 10-17-2014, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Grats on 1k posts Erati
Eratani reaches Planar Protector status...
Closed Thread