Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2020, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If wizards had clarity they would be the best class in the game and too straight forward for the game designers to allow.

1. Blow enemy away
2. Quick rest to full mana
1. Blow enemy away

I'm pretty convinced that enchanters aren't supposed to be able to charm high level dungeons the way they do here. I don't remember it being done on live, but maybe I just missed it. On this server, enchanters are OP.
People have just had 20 years to perfect strategies and min/max EXPing methods. That's why you see so many people exploiting Enchanters that way these days.
Old 12-08-2020, 04:10 PM
Kobold

[QUOTE=Solemnus;3224913]It's not bad, the issue with this is it's not unique to their class. Clerics can also root and stun. Druids, Rangers and Necro's can root, Mage pets can root, Bards can root and stun. Enchanters can root and stun too (they can do anything but heal basically). "

Never seen an enchanter rooting ever. And stunning? maybe once or twice. Same with clerics. Druid players are mostly overloaded by casting heal + thorns, most dont know about their stuns at all. Wizards have no other duties and can do these things easily. And pls tell your cleric to watch combat log for stuns while they are healing at the same time. Just wont work 80% of the time. Stuns are time-critical. Wizards and melees (paladins) are the only classes actually having that time interrupting caster mobs reliably.

And about consistent damage vs. burst. First, dealing 30-50% dmg to each mob is above average dmg even with 3 players dedicated to do dmg. If you are killing so fast that a wizard cant keep up with 1 nuke per mob, more consistent dmg doesnt really matter anymore anyway. I've seen plenty of groups on green fail or crippled because of a lack of burst dmg in the right moment. Same with healing...sometimes you just need the big cleric heals to succeed although consistent healing is more desireable most of the time.

If you think wizards cant pull their weight, you never had a good one in your dungeon group. Very underrated in areas that see the most play.
<Aanelenye> lvl 43 Paladin
<Vaalyun> lvl 48 Wizard
Blue chars: retired

Last edited by Exard3k; 12-08-2020 at 04:16 PM..
Old 12-08-2020, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

That's a lot of Necromancers. Number 2 is on the low side for Druid popularity. Usually it's on top. Paladin, Shadow Knight, Ranger, and Wizard occupy their usual places. The Magician population should continue to ebb over time.

Danth
Old 12-08-2020, 04:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solemnus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Might not be classic, but if I ever made a server I'd give Wizards the clarity line and take it away from Enchanters. One class is way too OP and the other is way too limited in too many areas.
I think giving Wizzys the Mage DS line would be more practical, the Orkiel's line was obviously short sighted and never followed through on and mages losing it wouldn't be too big a deal for their gameplay, and also possibly take the elemental resists from the druids for cold/fire saves.

While we are fine tuning them, they should gotten a good-class version of DMF for a coolness buff. Instead of EB, and PR theirs can give UV and Cold/Fire Resist.

Edit: We can call it Evoker's Perception

my 2 cents.
Last edited by Master Roshi; 12-08-2020 at 04:39 PM..
Old 12-08-2020, 04:41 PM
Sarnak

Wizard has been my favorite class to play in a group, but I have had much difficulties getting my wizard invited into groups. Being a solo wizard has been much less fun, but I haven’t connected all the dots for successful quading yet. I often find myself wishing I had a dot of some kind.
Old 12-08-2020, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

The Wizard is harmed on P99 due also to P99's own culture where the class holds an often-deserved reputation as a haven for slackers and stoners. I'm among the folks who're hesitant to invite the class at all unless I already know the player, having seen entirely too many Wizards for too many years who sit back and do little or nothing. Motivated players picking the class can do nothing about such notions except power through and make themselves known as some of the good ones.

Danth
Old 12-08-2020, 05:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...having seen entirely too many Wizards for too many years who sit back and do little or nothing...
That's just as stupid as Paladin/SK only auto-attacking and not sitting at all or healer classes with healing spell+sit/stand and nothing else. But that's more about the players and not their classes.
<Aanelenye> lvl 43 Paladin
<Vaalyun> lvl 48 Wizard
Blue chars: retired

Old 12-08-2020, 08:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If wizards had clarity they would be the best class in the game and too straight forward for the game designers to allow.

1. Blow enemy away
2. Quick rest to full mana
1. Blow enemy away

I'm pretty convinced that enchanters aren't supposed to be able to charm high level dungeons the way they do here. I don't remember it being done on live, but maybe I just missed it. On this server, enchanters are OP.
How do you figure? Wizards can't mezz, memory blur, they nuke, no crowd control, now way to pull things solo. High level wizards should have clarity, my mage can solo mobs in Karnar castle with his pet only, nukes with less than half his mana to kill single mob. My Wizards spends his entire mana bar to do the same. Mob hps over 40th level double, triple, quadruple. Wizards are clearly lacking in sustain DPS, they should be considered a magic based rogue. Only the rogue has a skill that helps them lower agro without having to stop doing damage. An rogues do damage infinitely as long as the tank has agro. Wizards have to contend with fizzles, resists, medding, an to lower their agro they have to stop doing DPS an cast the concussion spell.
Anyone play enough classes knows wizard under powered at high levels. If you havent played one, then you do not belong in the conversation.
Thats the reason they added familiars to the game in later expansions, because the devs knew the wizards needed mana regen. The different level of familiars gave wizards breeze level mana regen all the way up to clarity II level mana regen. 2/tick, 4/tick, 6/tick, 8/tick, 10/tick, then up to 12-14/tick around POP timeline
Last edited by NPC; 12-08-2020 at 08:55 PM..
Old 12-08-2020, 09:51 PM
Banned

i promise charm did not work the way it did on live that it does on eq emu
Old 12-08-2020, 09:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you figure? Wizards can't mezz, memory blur, they nuke, no crowd control, now way to pull things solo. High level wizards should have clarity, my mage can solo mobs in Karnar castle with his pet only, nukes with less than half his mana to kill single mob. My Wizards spends his entire mana bar to do the same. Mob hps over 40th level double, triple, quadruple. Wizards are clearly lacking in sustain DPS, they should be considered a magic based rogue. Only the rogue has a skill that helps them lower agro without having to stop doing damage. An rogues do damage infinitely as long as the tank has agro. Wizards have to contend with fizzles, resists, medding, an to lower their agro they have to stop doing DPS an cast the concussion spell.
Anyone play enough classes knows wizard under powered at high levels. If you havent played one, then you do not belong in the conversation.
Thats the reason they added familiars to the game in later expansions, because the devs knew the wizards needed mana regen. The different level of familiars gave wizards breeze level mana regen all the way up to clarity II level mana regen. 2/tick, 4/tick, 6/tick, 8/tick, 10/tick, then up to 12-14/tick around POP timeline
Lol - wizards do amazing DPS on raids and are Kings of damage on most raids classic and Kunark. With lures and negative modifiers on their nukes, coupled with proper debuffs from competent guildies they are hardly ever resisted. Da fuq you talkin about Willis.
Closed Thread