Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2020, 08:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What games need is gameplay. I have played DoD:Source since 2005, that game has ZERO story. What they need to do is cease making games and start making Anime or Pixar films.
mblake is a dickhole but qft. The problem is story games appeal to these bourgeois "gamers" who are "finally getting into 'gaming'". Who tend to have more disposable income, be too shallow to appreciate competitive games, and think a graphical RL Stein choose your own adventure with garbage writing is innovative for some fucking reason. ESpecially because they can finally get gaymarried in a videogame, wow, like you couldn't do that in EQ except better in 1999. They get some sense of achievement or coolness from finally joining the hip young gamer crowd. I despise these peasants. Their heads are totally full of nonsense. I can't explain enjoying these poorly written story games any other way.

It's netflix style consumption. Gotta be always consuming something "new", even though there's tons of past masterpieces and it is obvious that the media space is totally off the rails and producing almost nothing of value presently. It's a matter of identity to them.

And the truth? Representation really does matter to this "gamers" and markets incredibly well, and the market for sucking in these types will stay larger than actual gaming, which remains niche, forever. There are more stupids than smarts, and the mainstreaming of gaming means we're set back 40 years now. All we can look forward to is hopeful saturation and the development of niche companies interested in competitive gaming in the vein of HLMod shooters with a "medium" (compared to huge cutsceney voiceacted projects, but not shoestring) budgets. Right now that space is totally unfilled and it sucks dick.

anyway no VR support. sounds like it turned out shitty. Called it!

I'll be spending this weekend's gamertime having fun playing VR skyrim, which is for me the first time I ever found the game playable. and it's fun, complete and semi-unbuggy, since I waited 10 years. I even have a wang slider modded in, altho I play a wamon. Newest game I've enjoyed, unless Terraria (no story, best game of decade) came out after it, I forget.
Last edited by imperiouskitten; 12-10-2020 at 09:06 PM..
Old 12-11-2020, 09:52 AM
Banned

Stream game. Watch footage on youtube, follow story. Done.

Streaming is both a rise and a fall to games. I don't have to buy it to get the thing important about it, cause it isn't the gameplay. At least not from what I fell asleep watching.
Old 12-11-2020, 10:03 AM
Banned

Cyberpunk Dolls 77 Online.

Already Motoko'd myself IRL so gg motherfuckers, enjoy your fantasy. It's a start.

(i'll probably grab it when its int he budget bin, thats were doom had its highest market penetration and created a real franchise).
Old 12-11-2020, 01:03 PM
Banned

its still downloading =)
Old 12-11-2020, 01:04 PM
Kobold

Can you buy a mount? I like riding and brushing my horse.
<Aanelenye> lvl 43 Paladin
<Vaalyun> lvl 48 Wizard
Blue chars: retired

Old 12-11-2020, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stream game. Watch footage on youtube, follow story. Done.

Streaming is both a rise and a fall to games. I don't have to buy it to get the thing important about it, cause it isn't the gameplay. At least not from what I fell asleep watching.
There are like zero decent narrative games, and I blame streaming.

I Miss side scrollers to play on my own.

I miss stories.

I miss characters.

Now its literally a run through an obstacle course or a game of werewolf. Holy smokes wtf, both of the top streaming games are a complete lack of depth and content, and just CRUSHED it on streaming platforms.

I blame streaming!!!
Old 12-11-2020, 01:24 PM
Banned

How big is the install? I feel like i would have to buy another SSD for it. Not prepared to drop $200 just so it can load in under 10 minutes.
Old 12-12-2020, 08:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exard3k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you buy a mount? I like riding and brushing my horse.
Yes, has an engine. There are no flying cars, there are some scripted flying taxis to go from point a to b. If this game was made for PC back in the windows 98 era it would have had all of that.

The game is cut scene heavy. In a week or so someone will have compiled all of the important cut scenes and endings to make a "cyberpunk2077 full story movie" on YouTube. Same thing has been done with other games like this.

They are cool anime if I watched that. The game takes you from a to b cut scenes, it is a means to an end.

Edit: Should be called CyberhoboGTA 2077: The Fallout Division 4. It would have been well placed if it released around 2014-2016. Another game running around picking up trash to make better weapons. Original Everquest has an intro video, that is it.
Last edited by Mblake81; 12-12-2020 at 08:29 AM..
Old 12-12-2020, 09:05 AM
Planar Protector

I've been playing this game for the past 15 hours, and I entered this thread to tell you all that this is probably the worst game I've played in the past 10 years.

Every single facet of this game is absolute dog shit
Old 12-12-2020, 10:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Original Everquest has an intro video, that is it.
This vid gets me hype. When is release?
Closed Thread