Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 04-17-2014, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I literally couldn't beat a skilled necro on my wizard in Kunark with functioning resists pre-lure of ice.

Take it up with Zyrino (Thrilla).

Might learn somethin'.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] love dis kid
Which would validate my "necros were good 1-50, sucked post 50" comment.

Quote:
SZ released during Velious, not classic. The original 3 servers were all pre-Kunark, with RZ being a thing even in beta I think. TZ lost item loot first, then VZ a bit later. If RZ ever lost the ability to loot items it was sometime after EQ was no longer EQ.

Item loot totally is classic, though there are probably better ways to implement it than how it was during classic.
Scars of Velious was released in 2000. Everquest launched in 1999. Velious is classic era. Tallon and Vallon Zek were launched in Kunark, both had item loot removed within 5 months of launch. Vallon Zek had a login survey question that was like 80% for removing item loot because the server turned into naked druidquest. Rallos Zek item loot was later, and the population on Rallos Zek was barely half of what VZ and TZ had combined while it still had item loot.

Item loot lasted less time than the hybrid exp penalty, caster staring at book to med, and humans having terrible vision at night.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:50 PM
Banned

Dude if you think deflux was bad (lvl 54 necro) you have no idea what you are talking about. Sorry.

You think they took item loot out before the hybrid penalty? I just can't respond to this anymore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

I understand some people want broken raid encounters that are trivial and xp spots that weren't in classic or pvp without item loot. But that's not classic EQ (vanilla through end of Velious), stop saying you want it. You don't.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude if you think deflux was bad (lvl 54 necro) you have no idea what you are talking about. Sorry.

You think they took item loot out before the hybrid penalty? I just can't respond to this anymore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

I understand some people want broken raid encounters that are trivial and xp spots that weren't in classic or pvp without item loot. But that's not classic EQ (vanilla through end of Velious), stop saying you want it. You don't.
Huh? What are you rambling about now?

Hybrid EXP penalties got taken out sometime in Velious. Team Zek launched with Kunark and item loot didn't last a year on either server.

Don't be mad that you're wrong. It's okay bro. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-17-2014, 04:09 PM
Banned

Ya no item loot on RZ in Velious.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-17-2014, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Nirgon confirmed super mad and wrong.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:28 PM
Banned

I agree with OP
Old 04-18-2014, 12:11 AM
Sarnak

why is potus so mad and also against classic?
Old 04-18-2014, 12:31 AM
Banned

idk but apparently being the only caster basically not affected by resists(which cause the effectiveness of several other classes to nosedive) is awful

l o l
Old 04-18-2014, 12:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
idk but apparently being the only caster basically not affected by resists(which cause the effectiveness of several other classes to nosedive) is awful

l o l
Nirgon says Necros are screwed because of resists. You say Necros aren't. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Whole lot of bad posting by some red99 celebs up in here, lol.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:29 AM
Banned

the resist code here simply makes wizards and magicians better than they were on live, it doesn't hinder necros in any way

when pit up against pretty much every single other class in the game, necros are still pretty deadly in the hands of someone who isn't wearing a helmet