Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 05-04-2015, 03:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i'm a big fan of our current style of "classic unless it ruins the game like recharging and trak teeth"
I'm not a big fan of how you pick and choose what should be made classic and what shouldn't in regards to whats best for your class and guild.

I prefer dynamic skill based pvp like verant intended to make, as when they instituted the 66% dmg reduction to nukes and dots because they felt casters were doing far to much dmg in pvp.

However that patch would have never been put into place had the dmg lvls for melees been set as they currently are and rogue duelist uncapped max dmg attack be hitting for Lifeburn dmg. I understand that with monk triple attack a few months away you make no mention of how unclassic melee dmg is tuned atm.

I however am well known for calling for nerfs on my own class when it disrupts pvp balance, sadly not everyone adheres to that level of integrity for the good of the server.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:36 PM
Banned

Here it is again:

http://hjj.free.fr/aargh/patches.htm
Quote:
November 15th, 2:00pm

*PvP and PvP-Teams*

Any spell that results in a "Fear" or "Charm" effect may no longer be cast on other players. Please note that this change will only be active on Rallos Zek (PvP), Tallon Zek, and Vallon Zek (PvP-Teams).
Are you two retarded? If you are, sorry for the RL attacks.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here it is again:

http://hjj.free.fr/aargh/patches.htm

Are you two retarded? If you are, sorry for the RL attacks.
There is no year given on those patch notes only months. I know Rallos zek had changed fear and charm earlier than 2002 but we aren't going by solely Rallos Zek classic rules if we were item loot should be added.

Everquest wouldn't have put this...

- It is no longer possible for PC's to fear other PC's at all on any
server.
The same was also done for charm.

In patch notes dating 2002 if fear and charm had been removed from all pvp servers.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:14 PM
Banned

Its right in there with meditate 35+ not needing to look at the book which a very, very early change.

Glad I never have to worry about this never getting changed. I do hope you enjoy the time you will spend insisting after I proved this wrong.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its right in there with meditate 35+ not needing to look at the book which a very, very early change.

Glad I never have to worry about this never getting changed. I do hope you enjoy the time you will spend insisting after I proved this wrong.
I think I've stated I'm not trying to get this changed but merely how rigidly sticking to "It's Classic" is bad for server pvp.

Sorry but updated patch notes from a french guild fan website are a very weak argument vs zams patch notes especially when they directly contradict each other, I think developers here would be more inclined to trust Zams.

And I know Haynar is way too intelligent to fall for this transparent ruse you are trying to sell.
Last edited by Syft-X; 05-04-2015 at 04:35 PM..
Old 05-04-2015, 04:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i'm a big fan of our current style of "classic unless it ruins the game like recharging and trak teeth"
Great! Didnt know you were the only person to play this server. When your balls finally drop you can join the conversation again with the adults.

But why is trak teeth/recharging not in, but we have a classic resist system? Trying to push the code in favor of yourself is stupid and only hurts the server.

Also monk triple attack shouldnt come in til the end of velious.
Old 05-04-2015, 05:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great! Didnt know you were the only person to play this server. When your balls finally drop you can join the conversation again with the adults.

But why is trak teeth/recharging not in, but we have a classic resist system? Trying to push the code in favor of yourself is stupid and only hurts the server.

Also monk triple attack shouldnt come in til the end of velious.
I don't want to degrade bug reports into a torrent of personal insults. But I will say that there are a few extremely vocal people on Bug Reports that don't seem to have pvp or adherence to classic balance as their intent.

While they feign ignorance to extremely well known Classic mechanics

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...=173712&page=3

They come across as the absolute authority in regards to others. All in the attempt to skew class balance in favor of their purposed and often ridiculous changes, while always masking their intentions behind a facade of cordial interest in server health.

However should you disagree with these individuals their true trollish nature becomes abundantly apparent and they quickly resort to immature trolling and mud slinging personal insults.

I think this farce has gone on long enough and is detrimental to pvp on this server, and quite likable to petition questing. Instead of other players, and bans, the code is being used to further their agenda.
Last edited by Syft-X; 05-04-2015 at 05:19 PM..
Old 05-04-2015, 05:48 PM
Banned

As having mained a necro at the high end level range since my dad passed him on to me in early kunark on rallos zek i can confirm pvp charm/fear is classic
Old 05-04-2015, 05:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednaros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As having mained a necro at the high end level range since my dad passed him on to me in early kunark on rallos zek i can confirm pvp charm/fear is classic
I agree Fear and charm was classic in pvp. When exactly it was changed across all servers I do not remember. I also don't agree it should be implemented here.

Only that we cannot adhere to everything Classic and must accept this is no longer a valid argument to skew class balance.
Last edited by Syft-X; 05-04-2015 at 06:04 PM..
Old 05-04-2015, 07:18 PM
Banned

yeah man i'm really trying to skew class balance in favor of my monk by discussing spells like shock of lightning