Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 05-18-2015, 12:29 PM
Banned

Default Offensive casts should not require pre LoS check

Stealing off another link in the shock of lightning thread

http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthr...l=1#post131975

Quote:
Most just try to gank your ass by casting around corners, or hiding in a closet.

Lots of people are fishing in the wrong places for buffs (classic fixes tbh) to casters atm... this is the one we need most

You should not need an LoS check for casting an offensive spell on players (but should on mobs) whether indoors or outdoors

This is accurate for the server's entire timeline (day 1 - last day of Velious aka eternity here)

Having to take a Tantor's to the face every time you want to start casting a nuke ain't classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Grats all solo ganker casters if this goes in.. hope this is a quick/easy fix to make.. it can be further stretched basically to "no spells cast on a player by a player should require a los check" (bolts should not go through walls, obvi but you can start the cast this way should they come around the corner before it finishes)

Melees right now are infinite endurance machines that can shred and shred and shred too... with 0 buffs / res effects not really hurting them NEARLY as much as they should
Last edited by Nirgon; 05-18-2015 at 12:37 PM..
Old 05-18-2015, 01:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stealing off another link in the shock of lightning thread

http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthr...l=1#post131975

Lots of people are fishing in the wrong places for buffs (classic fixes tbh) to casters atm... this is the one we need most

You should not need an LoS check for casting an offensive spell on players (but should on mobs) whether indoors or outdoors

This is accurate for the server's entire timeline (day 1 - last day of Velious aka eternity here)

Having to take a Tantor's to the face every time you want to start casting a nuke ain't classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Grats all solo ganker casters if this goes in.. hope this is a quick/easy fix to make.. it can be further stretched basically to "no spells cast on a player by a player should require a los check" (bolts should not go through walls, obvi but you can start the cast this way should they come around the corner before it finishes)

Melees right now are infinite endurance machines that can shred and shred and shred too... with 0 buffs / res effects not really hurting them NEARLY as much as they should
Because this is true to classic and something I've already posted about, I will agree.

and I will expand further on this...

LOS worked at the beginning of the cast in classic not the end for most spells. So basically if you began the cast in range you couldn't LOS away from the spell.

The Only spell that required LOS for both beginning and end was Bolt.

This was nerfed for a brief period in Luclin and reverted back after they deemed it gave melees an unfair advantage in pvp.

Since what your saying is correct, I will not challenge you to provide proof to a well known classic mechanic as you do when it doesn't suit your "Agenda"
Old 05-18-2015, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

I remember this. One of my first kills on RZ I couldn't even see my target I think it was a /assist nuke and had to run around looking for the body so I could loot that sweet Damask robe.

I thought this LoS was only in outdoor zones for some reason. My memory is fuzzy though. I don't remember every little detail about 15 year old PvP mechanics like these two immersed fruitcakes.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:32 PM
Banned

Pvping in velks as a caster is going to be fucked up without it
Old 05-18-2015, 02:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikrib [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember this. One of my first kills on RZ I couldn't even see my target I think it was a /assist nuke and had to run around looking for the body so I could loot that sweet Damask robe.

I thought this LoS was only in outdoor zones for some reason. My memory is fuzzy though. I don't remember every little detail about 15 year old PvP mechanics like these two immersed fruitcakes.
Nah it was everywhere, thats why people made such a big deal about manaburn Kirban used to nail people and they never even saw what killed them.

Here LOS and high melee dmg has destroyed casters viability in pvp, which is something I've said over and over again.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:45 PM
Banned

ya we need los removed for casters in dungeons

Z-axis also... it makes rains basically unusable in pvp unless you are on top of someone

Haynar mentioned z-axis was an ultra bitch to fix so I respect that... los may be much easier
Old 05-18-2015, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Before you guys try to implement this find proof that you could do this in dungeons.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikrib [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Before you guys try to implement this find proof that you could do this in dungeons.
I know for a fact you could because everyday Kirban killed someone in Velks with manaburn using this. Good luck finding proof tho. I'm sure I could if given enough time, but I don't think you realize how hard it is to track down evidence of anything in a 16 year old game that existed prior to cable modems and google.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syft-X [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because this is true to classic and something I've already posted about, I will agree.

and I will expand further on this...

LOS worked at the beginning of the cast in classic not the end for most spells. So basically if you began the cast in range you couldn't LOS away from the spell.

The Only spell that required LOS for both beginning and end was Bolt.

This was nerfed for a brief period in Luclin and reverted back after they deemed it gave melees an unfair advantage in pvp.

Since what your saying is correct, I will not challenge you to provide proof to a well known classic mechanic as you do when it doesn't suit your "Agenda"

I concur with Syft's assessment. Bolt line spells (I was a mage) was the only difference. Everything else was LOS at beginning of cast.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:23 PM
Banned

z-axis removal needs to be melee too before I forget

even now being at a levitate disadvantage as a melee is a bit too brutal

I wouldn't fix melee and casting in sep patches if poss, hopefully casting range/melee can fit together some how at once... beggers choosing up in here