Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 05-19-2015, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should not need an LoS check for casting an offensive spell on players (but should on mobs) whether indoors or outdoors
Nirgon saying that a caster doesn't need to see the target to start casting a spell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syft-X [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOS worked at the beginning of the cast in classic not the end for most spells. So basically if you began the cast in range you couldn't LOS away from the spell.
Syft saying that you need to see the target to cast a spell on someone in pvp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGANS LAW [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I concur with Syft's assessment. Bolt line spells (I was a mage) was the only difference. Everything else was LOS at beginning of cast.
Gyno agreeing with Syft that you need to see the target to start a spell cast. Hell just froze over, and you guys are so bright that you agreed to disagree.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikrib [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nirgon saying that a caster doesn't need to see the target to start casting a spell.

Syft saying that you need to see the target to cast a spell on someone in pvp.

Gyno agreeing with Syft that you need to see the target to start a spell cast. Hell just froze over, and you guys are so bright that you agreed to disagree.
I think nirgon just explained it wrong or maybe he did mean that IDK. I know you definitely did need a LOS check at beginning of cast not the end.

It's really a common sense thing, in a game where you can't land any CC effects requiring LOS on beginning and end of cast would defeat a casters ability to Kite which is really their only defense against melees. It forces caster's into the perfect killing zone for melee's and allows a melee to perfectly joust dance in and out of LOS. You could literally be two feet from a melee in full view and fail a LOS check at the end of cast because he's standing on the corner of a hill.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:26 AM
Banned

You shouldn't need los at the beginning or the end or ever at all, water is the only thing that comes into play or collision for bolts

Fix: remove los check in pvp
Old 05-19-2015, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

thread title.
Quote:
Game Mechanics: Offensive casts should not require pre LoS check
So Gyno and Syft are callin you a liar. I do remember nuking someone through the floor HPK (outdoor zone) without ever seeing them. I don't remember being able to get a target and nuke someone through a wall in an indoor zone.

No proof Nirgon.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikrib [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thread title.

So Gyno and Syft are callin you a liar. I do remember nuking someone through the floor HPK (outdoor zone) without ever seeing them. I don't remember being able to get a target and nuke someone through a wall in an indoor zone.

No proof Nirgon.
There were certain spots where walls weren't coded as walls, a lot of them actually which allowed you to /target someone and cast.

There was a time when you didn't need los at all just target but I don't remember when it was added at beginning of cast.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:07 PM
Sarnak

This horse has already been confirmed dead, just continue beating it unquestioningly until the vet comes along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But its in client. Server side also checks. But client requires los to start casting. Dunno how hard that is to find and fix.

H
Also, it's funny that no one has yet asked for the removal of Null's custom rule that range is reduced if the target isn't in LoS at the end of cast.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
No proof Nirgon.
Here come da prof mobile...

possible he was not in los when spell started....
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://s14.postimg.org/xe7gi5yw1/image.jpg

This one pretty blatant imo, no line of sight at all
http://s14.postimg.org/xe7gi5yw1/image.jpg

Felwithe tunnel area, guy is clearly nowhere near line of sight and more than a few nukes were cast
http://s14.postimg.org/pvj9cf17l/image.jpg

Spamming spells thru wall (bank kill), if bank kills aren't the #1 indicator of not requiring los to start, I dunno what is, this was extremely common place
http://s14.postimg.org/5pktanbvl/image.jpg

Half this damn image loads but shows he's hiding behind a pillar casting nukes
http://s14.postimg.org/4d348reg1/image.jpg

Trading blows, both out of line of sight of each other
http://s14.postimg.org/7xyzrzizl/image.jpg

If some of these don't load, I'll fix them when I get home

I'm 100% certain on this mechanic and with insane weapons/gear coming for Velious melee, its a pretty crucial / classic change
Last edited by Nirgon; 05-19-2015 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: Included clickable links for browsers/viewers that cannot see images
Old 05-19-2015, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

I would guess they don't show proof though. You would have to have two screenshots one when the spell was cast and one when it landed for proof.
Last edited by Pikrib; 05-19-2015 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: Nirgon needs to go to imgur.com.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:53 PM
Banned

people bank killed in gfay/neriak all the time without line of sight and luckily we have an ss of a felwithe bank kill

if you remember bank killing, there's your prof imo

the halfway cut off one of the druid nuking is damning evidence
Old 05-19-2015, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Proof mobile must be broken down because in all of the pics the casters could have been in LoS when the cast started then moved to places you cant see in the images. U need better proof Nirgy so keep lookin for better pics. It will keep ya off the forums for abit.

IDK about the curtains or bookshelf maybe you didn't need a pre LoS check when casting through those because of what I witnessed and what Syft stated earlier.

Seperate issues though.